HiFiMAN HE-350 Headphone Review by mark2410
Jan 29, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #16 of 24
Well yeah, like you say a little bright but for the price of them they do freakishly well.  tbh them and the RE00 if anything do themselves a disservice by being priced as they are.  I know I didn't expect much before hearing them even though ive used their stuff for years

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #17 of 24
I think you did a very good job with this review - if some members don't read this, they have missed a good opportunity.  I think this is a good phone for the $100  it sold for.  Like everyone, we all have different goals and methods of achieving them.  We hear differently and evaluate differently,  ( I should keep this in mind every time I buy something)... sorry for obvious... and I would love it if they came up with a Senn 650 that was open- no curtain/vail, and sold for $150. Until then members: try these out and see what you think -- best of luck---  

Sep 8, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #20 of 24
Hi Guys,

This is quite a divisive can for sure. Some people love it, some people hate it.
This very simple and fully reversible bass mod is a must for every owner:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he-350/talk/530648

I used only my fingernails. Be gentle, don't break the thin plastic rings.
It makes the HE350 a fun V shape headphone with decent bass, but still not an extreme V shape like the DT990 Pro.
It also gives you the illusion that the treble is reduced because the overall balance is better.
Just try it. :L3000:

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #22 of 24
I just received and installed the "FocusPad A" earpads on the HE350.
Comfort is waaay better than with the stock pads, but with bass mod the bass became boomy and overwhelming. After restoring the factory condition on the stickers it sounds great.
PC >>> Musiland Monitor 01 US 2012 DAC >>> Sense V1 Head Amp >>> HE350

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #23 of 24
i putted them through burn in, loud brown noise and i changed the earpads to pleather, i have to say the change is dramatic, i still use eq to lower the 5.5khz peak, but overall the sound is neutral with amazing mids and nice sparkle in the upper treble, the mids are very flat and clean sounding, i am gonna keep them.
IMG_20180104_194512.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #24 of 24
0716181409_resized.jpg
Had the He-350 for over a year now, yokes are ugly with JB weld to repair cracks and painted Green; who knows where the factory pads are. Pulled the cloth off of the grills a while ago, not a big difference, but I like it.
I pick these up once in a blue moon as I have better cans,, but I have to say they impress me every time. They are just really good.
Like the HE4xx, these are priced WAY below what they are worth. I know some folks don't love them, but if we all were the same, life would be boring as hell...
PS - Build quality if the yokes just sucks....I bought mine used so I have been repairing as the warranty does not cover them anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back