hifiman he 300
Mar 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 31
Just buy it. It's a very well-rounded headphone for the money dude, I have a pair sitting behind me haha, they're pretty good at almost every genre, the build quality and comfort are outstanding. It's a little darker sounding, I just wish it had the treble of the orthodynamic Hifiman headphones

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 31

Quote:
i have the 300's on the way...psyched just wondering what cable it comes with

A pretty good quality cable actually, everything about the headphone suggests that it could sell for $100 more than it's asking price...

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #5 of 31
Had audited it two times, would recommend for vocal tracks, especially female vocal, very musical, bass heavy, colored mids and a some what colored and muffed high. Yet not as accurate may be. Kind of a steal with this price.

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #7 of 31

Quote:
thanks for the Replies for this thread.
Now All of you just pushed me forward to buy this cans.

"If it's made in China for the same amount of money, it's probably better"

No joke, their headphones have kind of blown me away. I didn't really like the LCD-2 for comfort, but the sound was amazing, if the HE-500 can get close and if they can respond to my PM's, I'll have my third Hifiman headphone within a one week timespan.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 31
One of the best midrange headphones there is.

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 31
ok so just got home and have the HIFIman 300HE's just curious what kind of cable it came with? it is silver and very thin...they connected with no problem and so far straight out of the box sound good but am curious about the cable......

Mar 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #10 of 31
early and very early on the HIFIman HE-300's sound much more transparent and better mid range good soundstage  more fluid bass then my grado 225's.but this is just on first blush.......using noted cans with audioengine D1 dac and macbook pro.......still curious about this cable.at some point will try with my home stereo which is budget audiophile level with good synergy......

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 31

Quote:
ok so just got home and have the HIFIman 300HE's just curious what kind of cable it came with? it is silver and very thin...they connected with no problem and so far straight out of the box sound good but am curious about the cable......

They come with an OFC copper cable I believe, the OFC silver is available for 149 from the website. Thats actually not bad..

The HE-4 and up come with a cable terminated in 4-pin XLR which is not useful to about 80% of us, but I reterminated it to 1/4". It's actually Canare Starquad so not too shabby HifiMan :)

Mar 16, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #12 of 31
So the HE-300 are coming with the silver cable after all it seems. I was also under the impression that they were supposed to come with a copper cable, but a few people, me included, have recently been receiving the silver cable as a stock cable for the HE-300.

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #13 of 31
how would you say does the he-300 perform with musis such as

- electro
- d&b , liquid d&b, ..
-  60-70's music (like led zep, hendrix, pink floyd, brian eno, velvet underground)

it's just that i'd like a allrounder, but would be truly amazed if the guitars could really sing and just make my jaw drop

oh and I'm also wondering what materials are used , (cups plastic or metal)

as a reference I do have the K 240 sextett MP (but these are a bit too uncomfortable for me )

thx for any replies (yes I have been through most of the he-300 threads) :p

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #15 of 31
My 880's got cancelled by Amazon "WORST INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING  SITE EVER"
I am considering these ........... would love to pair something with my 650's ( I am over the 880's) :frowning2:
Looks like they don't get love on Head-Fi ......... I wonder why ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back