HiFiMan HE-300 to V-Moda M-100. Upgrade or sidegrade? [Solved, getting Senn. Momentum]
Mar 20, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #61 of 64
Listened to both. They might chart as "boosted", but it certainly doesn't come across when you listen to them. I've had this argument a hundred times and it doesn't change. Denon/Fostex? That's high-end bassy headphones. 

I agree with you here completely! That's why of all of the headphones I've owned I ended up keeping the TH900s and D7Ks, my two absolute favorite HPs. The LCD-2/3s definitely have slightly boosted bass, although I didn't find it as satisfying overall, not quite as full. Denon/Fostex have the most enjoyable bass response on any headphones I have ever heard IMO.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #62 of 64
I agree with you here completely! That's why of all of the headphones I've owned I ended up keeping the TH900s and D7Ks, my two absolute favorite HPs. The LCD-2/3s definitely have slightly boosted bass, although I didn't find it as satisfying overall, not quite as full. Denon/Fostex have the most enjoyable bass response on any headphones I have ever heard IMO.

Which of the two do you prefer? I admit I'm trying to figure out what to really throw some cash at and I've heard the baby brothers of those boys but not the genuine articles. 

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #63 of 64
To be honest I can't say I prefer one over the other overall. I really expected to prefer the TH900s in every single way when I bought them. The 900s have superior clarity and imaging, although not by a huge margin. Their bass extends lower than the D7Ks, but isn't quite as full and doesn't have the same level of impact. I would say for bass alone the D7Ks get my vote, they simply have the most enjoyable bass I have heard (to me at least). I usually use them mostly for bass heavy stuff and the TH900s for everything else. The 900s are the perfect all around headphones, bassy enough to be enjoyable even with heavier stuff but still keeping that high end clarity that I've become accustomed to. The D7Ks I use when I want that little extra impact. To me the D7000s are like a V-shaped Th900 I guess is what I'm trying to say (and I don't think that's a bad thing either).

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #64 of 64
To be honest I can't say I prefer one over the other overall. I really expected to prefer the TH900s in every single way when I bought them. The 900s have superior clarity and imaging, although not by a huge margin. Their bass extends lower than the D7Ks, but isn't quite as full and doesn't have the same level of impact. I would say for bass alone the D7Ks get my vote, they simply have the most enjoyable bass I have heard (to me at least). I usually use them mostly for bass heavy stuff and the TH900s for everything else. The 900s are the perfect all around headphones, bassy enough to be enjoyable even with heavier stuff but still keeping that high end clarity that I've become accustomed to. The D7Ks I use when I want that little extra impact. To me the D7000s are like a V-shaped Th900 I guess is what I'm trying to say (and I don't think that's a bad thing either).

Sounds good to me. Guess I'll be on the lookout for a pair of TH900s then! Thanks dude. Sorry to derail the thread. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back