Hifiman HE-300 revision versions
Dec 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alterndog

100+ Head-Fier
I just got a pair of HE-300 and was wondering how do people tell which version the HPs are? I was under the impression the newest versions came with pleather pads, but mine came with velour. Is there any other ways to tell?

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 4
There is only one official revision. That said, there are different versions out -- Hifiman just doesn't recognize them as different. I will refer to them by their "Rev #"s, but know that it is not an official distinction.

HE-300 Rev 1 came in a wooden box and has 4 screws instead of 6 on the plastic driver cover. The very first batch had some manufacturing issues (see InnerFidelity measurements). 

HE-300 Rev 2 came in a wooden box and has 6 screws on the plastic driver cover. These were measured at InnerFidelity as Rev 2 on their graphs page. The cable is different.

HE-300 Rev 3 (current) comes in a plastic box and has 6 screws on the plastic driver cover. Current reports suggest that it is sonically the same as Rev 2. The cable is different than Rev 1 or Rev 2.

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 4
the version 3 has a silver cable, and is the same driver as the version 2, but since it's s SPOFC cable, the high frequency region is more pronounced in Version 3.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 4
  There is only one official revision. That said, there are different versions out -- Hifiman just doesn't recognize them as different. I will refer to them by their "Rev #"s, but know that it is not an official distinction.

HE-300 Rev 1 came in a wooden box and has 4 screws instead of 6 on the plastic driver cover. The very first batch had some manufacturing issues (see InnerFidelity measurements). 

HE-300 Rev 2 came in a wooden box and has 6 screws on the plastic driver cover. These were measured at InnerFidelity as Rev 2 on their graphs page. The cable is different.

HE-300 Rev 3 (current) comes in a plastic box and has 6 screws on the plastic driver cover. Current reports suggest that it is sonically the same as Rev 2. The cable is different than Rev 1 or Rev 2.

I disagree ......I have the R3 its sonically very different from the earlier ones , mine has a smooth accentuation in the upper treble with a constant spike at 3-6Khz making it a bit tinny and hollow also has rolled off bass and flat mids , overall very pleasing signature but unfortunately the driver rattles at low frequency extensions at high volumes , the treble is just gorgeous female vocals in general because of the extension up top are world class sounding for the price , if the driver had no rattle issues I would have bought another one but I forgive Fang considering he has just started with dynamics 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back