HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity Complete - Feel free to still comment
Apr 10, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #409 of 1,738
I really hope HiFiMan doesn't price this $3000 just to have people compare it to the SR009 due to price alone. I'd much rather them price it at $1000-2000. It can still be compared to whatever. No need to jack up the price.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #410 of 1,738
I personally think it's a bargain at $3,000. It has the speed and detail of the best electrostatic headphones, the bass response of the best planar magnetic headphones, and the soundstage and imaging of the best dynamic headphones.

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #411 of 1,738
I personally think it's a bargain at $3,000. It has the speed and detail of the best electrostatic headphones, the bass response of the best planar magnetic headphones, and the soundstage and imaging of the best dynamic headphones.

I mean, that's your opinion (which may be a popular opinion), but I just mainly meant it in reference to pricing it that high to be compared to headphones in that price range rather than pricing it lower like HFM normally does (and they are still compared to headphones much higher anyway). Now, how can you say it has all of that? Have you heard the SR007/9, the HE400/400i (or whatever has the best planar bass), and the HD800? Or was there a veteran or trusted person saying such things?

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #412 of 1,738
I mean, that's your opinion (which may be a popular opinion), but I just mainly meant it in reference to pricing it that high to be compared to headphones in that price range rather than pricing it lower like HFM normally dquotend they are still compared to headphones much higher anyway). Now, how can you say it has all of that? Have you heard the SR007/9, the HE400/400i (or whatever has the best planar bass), and the HD800? Or was there a veteran or trusted person saying such things?

Yes, I've heard all those headphones (I own the HD800). I compared them all to the HE1000 at Canjam.

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #413 of 1,738
Yes, I've heard all those headphones (I own the HD800). I compared them all to the HE1000 at Canjam.

Well, that's quite awesome. I'm guessing the headphones you heard before had proper amping, DAC, and file as well eh? What did the HE1000 at Canjam chain look like?

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #416 of 1,738
I tried them on more than one chain. But the main setup at CanJam involved the new hifiman EF1000 amp.

Wow, even more than the EF1000 chain. All produced the same results pretty much eh? I wish HFM would take from what AKG does with the self adjusting headband and fit. They're close. I honestly think $3000 is overpriced considering it's a planar and what it's made out of, but maybe I just don't know anything :p

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #419 of 1,738
I'm very interested in being a beta tester for the HE1000.

I'm a journalist and a happy HE-6 owner. See gear in my profile.

I live in Norway, Europe.

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #420 of 1,738
I would be honored to assist you in this project. I am already the proud owner of the HE-560 and they are my go to phones for my personal hifi reviews.  I participate in the Head-fi community, but am also an associate editor and legal counsel for www.positive-feedback.com.  I have already spoken to our editor in chief, David Robinson, and he has given a thumbs up to my participation, should you decide to include me.  I imagine that this would be more of a dry run, followed by a more lengthy stay for a formal review.

Regards,
Stuart A. McCreary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back