HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity Complete - Feel free to still comment
Apr 9, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #365 of 1,738
I am extremely interested.

While I definitely am not a veteran to audiophilia, I have owned ~30 pairs of headphones and have had the chance to experience about another 30 pair for an extended period.

I listen to every genre of music, from Classical and Film Scores, to Hip Hop and EDM, to Classic Rock and everything in between. I find that I have an amazing ear for sound quality, being able to pick up on every nuance of good and bad in a headphone in a very short time period. Not only this, but I find that I am able to describe how a headphone sounds in such a way that people can picture it with incredible accuracy, without relying on comparisons. If you choose me, you won't get a review or feedback that compares the soundstage to the HD800 or the speed to the SR-009. You will be told how I think that the headphone sounds. Comparisons will be made, but I don't write reviews that read, "Think the HE-6 but with better..." No. That isn't me.

A little bit about myself, I will be attending Northwestern University this fall for Manufacturing and Design Engineering. I love products that directly interact with consumers, and I am very knowledgeable in how products are built, build quality, and how that build affects the user, especially that of headphones. I can discern the finest details of fit and finish, and how it affects the user; something that hasn't been up to par with many of Hifiman's past headphones, especially in the upper tier.

While I haven't been lucky enough to own a flagship headphone, I've spent long amounts of time with many of them. Stax SR-009, LCD-2, Beyerdynamic T90, and Oppo PM-2 being the ones that I am most familiar with. I wrote a long and detailed review of the Oppo PM-2. I really feel that this shows what I am capable of when it comes to describing sound quality among other things. And I'm more experienced and well versed since I wrote that review.

Gear time. If I am lucky enough to be chosen for this program, I will test it on my Oneplus One, HA-Info U2 plus (O2+ODAC knockoff), and a CDAC(galvanically isolated Sabre DAC) with a Kasso YJ-01 (which is like a Vali on steroids). I know that this won't bring out the best of the HE-1000. But if you want detailed and in depth feedback on fit and finish as well as a descriptive image of sound, that doesn't rely on comparisons. Let me know.

Feel free to ask me any questions via PM.

Thank you for the opportunity,
Nate

P.S. I also am a proud owner of the HE-400!

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #367 of 1,738
Would be more a dream than a opportunity. Would be much interested. I guess this not the right place to tell about myself, my musician skills, my headphones and so on. Will do that via PM

My only motivation : being one of the first to listen to what might be one of the best headphone in the world and share what I will not hear but live : mere bliss rediscovering some of my beloved recordings.

Take care and thanx for letting me dream
o2smile.gif
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #368 of 1,738
I am interested, would love to see what's new after owning the HE400 and HE500 previously

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #369 of 1,738
I'm very interested!

I actually run a headphone review website in Brazil, called MIND THE HEADPHONE, which is about three years old and is currently the largest website about headphones in the country. It is still growing, and now has a daily average of 1.100 visits – a 40% increase over the same period last year –, and in some occasions peaking at close to 2.000. As of 2014, it also hosts a forum.

In it, I have reviewed a large number of headphones, earphones and related equipment, ranging from budget in-ears, such as the Philips SHE3590 up to custom earphones, legendary headphones like the Sennheiser HE90, AKG K1000 and the Grado HP1000 and current top-of-the-line headphones, such as the Sennheiser HD800, the Audez'e LCD-X and the Audio-Technica W3000ANV. The number of headphones I've auditioned is well past the 100s. I have also reviewed my previous HiFiMAN HE500 and HM-801, an HE300 and have done a short text on the HE6.

I have recently started an English version of it as well. Unfortunately I'm not finding the time to dedicate to translating the texts and putting them up on the English domain, but this is something I'm planning on fixing soon.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention! I just thought of this and it might be of value. I will have the chance to compare it to a Sennheiser Orpheus.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #370 of 1,738
Hi

Yes I'm interested although with 25 pages of offers (and counting) I suspect that you will have a difficult time choosing!. I currently own most of the top-end headphones out there and I will undoubtedly be buying this headphone irrespective of whether I secure the chance to audition them. Nevertheless, should this happen, I will be in a position to compare them directly with the Stax 009/Woo WES; Abyss 1266; Ultrasone Limited Edition 5; Senn HD800; Senn HE-60 Baby Orpheus; AKG-K1000; LCD-3; PS1000; McIntosh MHP1000; together in combination with a number of amps, both tube and solid state. It would be great to see how the HE1000 "stax" up !! In terms of time and commitment, I am semi-retired and have plenty of time to indulge myself in my favourite hobby !

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #371 of 1,738
I'd like to do it. My current setup is an Audio GD Reference 10.32, and HD800's. Honestly, I'm not a fan of HiFiman headphones, but then again, the only Sennheiser headphones I've ever liked at all were the HD800. I think the rest are junk. I have a feeling I will like this HE1000.

While I'm not particularly active on headfi, I can write, I can review, and I've spent the last 22 years of my life involved in audio in some way shape or form, ranging from simple stereo setups to designing and building numerous super hi end speaker systems, sometimes of tremendous complexity, to the same with home theater (though I don't like it), the same with car audio (though I really don't care for it either), and the same with headphones (I've owned and/or listened to just about EVERYTHING on the summit fi level). Even if not chosen, I really can't wait to hear these cans, and do wish you good luck!

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #373 of 1,738
I am very interested and would love to participate in this beta program. As a member of an active local listening group, I would also like to extend this beta project to our group for a broader perspective as well. Please see our thread to see the amazing assortment of top tier HPs, DACs, and AMPs in our collection, which has since expanded to include the LCD-X and Abyss headphones and the new Schiit Rag(here)/Ygg(ordered) stack plus a Eddie Current 2A3. ***TOTL HP Shootout: OPPO PM-1, HD800, LCD2.2, T1, HE500, Fostex TH900, HD650, HD600***

I have been a member of many TOTL equip tours and have even ran 3 tours of my own so I am no beginner in this process. As the owner of a technical marketing and content creation firm, I certainly have the ability to document what we hear as well.

Please consider myself and my listening group as we will make excellent and enthusiastic beta listeners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back