Hifiman ef2a vs other options for Graod sr225's
Nov 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

blt77

New Head-Fier
Hello I am currently in the market for a headphone amp that would match up well with my Grado sr225's also have akg k172 hd's (use much less but sitll want something to power them well), and in the next year plan to replace them with b&w p7's. I have little experience with and therefore have minimal past experience to draw from in this pursuit. I am currently a testing hifiman ef2a amp and am somewhat happy with it but am really looking for something with a significantly warmer and and somewhat darker sound signature. I am not a fan of the high gain on the amp and do not need the dac. I have heard much praise for the little dot 1+ and want to know if it is in fact warmer and darker sounding. I listen to jazz, r&b and hip hop on both vinyl and from my laptop. I plan to get an inexpensive dac in the near future (suggestions regarding that would be much appreciated but it is not urgent). 

So I am looking for validation in the purchase of a little dot 1+ based on the need for warmth and darkness or suggestions (in that price range) that may potentially better suit my needs. 

Thanks in advance guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back