Hifiman Edition XS Launched
Nov 16, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #2,221 of 2,791
In case anyone is interested, I put mine for sale (brand new). :gs1000smile:

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #2,223 of 2,791
I got my new headphone yesterday and it has a mild buzzing noise / resonating noise in the left ear when i listen to music with louder bass? Any of you had this problem does it go away?
These don't have much swivel so make sure there is no leakage in left cup. Bass distort if seal is broken. Maybe this is the issue.

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #2,226 of 2,791
Hello owners! I just placed my order for the XS headphones. I also ordered a Meze 4.4 balanced cable. https://mezaudio.eu/collections/acc...-plated-upgrade-cables?variant=31107176398907

They will be powered by a violectric dha v590 mk2. I've read a lot of good things about the XS, I hope I won't be disappointed.

If I may - IMHO, I would cancel the Meze audio cable (well unless you also have other Meze cans to pair with them :sweat:) and just purchase cables with Periapt/Hart Audio/Audiophile Ninja - they are better value for your money.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #2,227 of 2,791
If I may - IMHO, I would cancel the Meze audio cable (well unless you also have other Meze cans to pair with them :sweat:) and just purchase cables with Periapt/Hart Audio/Audiophile Ninja - they are better value for your money.
there are few cables as beautiful, flexible and of perfect length, with excellent assembly quality, as the linked meze. I can't wait to get them.

Nov 17, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #2,229 of 2,791
Nothing wrong with quality, well crafted cables that look as good as they sound, everyone's different but why not please the eye as well as the ear. Here's my own Silver Wolf carbon fiber, silver and rhodium balanced cable for the XS. It's pretty flexible for 16awg cable (1,120 strand count litz), way overkill lol...but I love it.

B5HMYB7.jpg

Such pretty 'n shiny opulent overkill. You ask why, But I suggest why not! lol

MhpXmO5.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #2,230 of 2,791
Nothing wrong with quality, well crafted cables that look as good as they sound, everyone's different but why not please the eye as well as the ear. Here's my own Silver Wolf carbon fiber, silver and rhodium balanced cable for the XS. It's pretty flexible for 16awg cable (1,120 strand count litz), way overkill lol...but I love it.

B5HMYB7.jpg

MhpXmO5.jpg

Agreed, nothing wrong with making it look great as well. :thumbsup: I myself is guilty on this topic :sweat_smile:

Was just trying to help and give suggestions (although unwelcomed :sweat_smile:)

Nov 17, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #2,231 of 2,791
Anyone who buys fancy cables because they like the aesthetics of it or the confidence in them being extra sturdy, or just appreciates them if they're handcrafted is (in my opinion) doing it for the right reasons. That's why you should do it.

Nov 17, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #2,232 of 2,791

B5HMYB7.jpg

MhpXmO5.jpg
Beautiful work there Wolf 💯.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #2,233 of 2,791
I have been using the XS more than other headphones for the past few days. Partly because they were new and their sound was growing on me. I have come to appreciate them a lot I think they are far better than their prices would suggest. I can tell you for well recorded acustic music and classical music they are excellent. Perhaps it's just synergy with the chain, I have them with the Ares II and a Cayin IHA SS amp that has massive power. Whatever the reason they are sounding really good. Aren't that many bargains in high end audio but this one headphone is approaching that level.

Nov 23, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #2,234 of 2,791
Hey everyone, Im leaning hard towards buying the editions after researching numerous online reviews and videos but wanted to get some opinions from people more experienced in this world or at the very least own these headphones.

(I was gifted a Zen Dac V2 and Meze Balanced Cables)

The preferred music Id be listening to with my first hifi headphone will range from Stevie Wonder, Queen, MJ, Beatles, Temptations all the way to newer vocal artists like The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, etc … also some classical randomly when I don't want the vocals.
So mostly vocals, 90% of the time.

(Budget is at 500-600)

Yay or nay on Edition XS?

Thanks for anything help

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #2,235 of 2,791
Hey everyone, Im leaning hard towards buying the editions after researching numerous online reviews and videos but wanted to get some opinions from people more experienced in this world or at the very least own these headphones.

(I was gifted a Zen Dac V2 and Meze Balanced Cables)

The preferred music Id be listening to with my first hifi headphone will range from Stevie Wonder, Queen, MJ, Beatles, Temptations all the way to newer vocal artists like The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, etc … also some classical randomly when I don't want the vocals.

(Budget is at 500-600)

Yay or nay on Edition XS?

Thanks for anything help
I have them and I'm very satisfied with them. I use them daily. Listen mostly to classical music. Can recommend them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back