Hifiman Edition XS Launched
Nov 16, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #2,206 of 2,791
I got my new headphone yesterday and it has a mild buzzing noise / resonating noise in the left ear when i listen to music with louder bass? Any of you had this problem does it go away?
There definitely shouldn't be. Double check your amp/source perhaps? I've had that happen sometimes with various headphones.

Nov 16, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #2,208 of 2,791
There definitely shouldn't be. Double check your amp/source perhaps? I've had that happen sometimes with various headphones.
Idk it's like you listening too loud and you hear a little noise after each kick but Its resonating only the left side. I've got ifi zen signature v2 and signature hfm amp. Well I don't really know. I might be a little hasty but I want to send back in an instant. Well anyway thanks

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #2,209 of 2,791
Maybe listen to something especially bass heavy (go through a hip hop playlist) with bass boosted if possible and see if the problem exacerbates as it gets louder? If so then you've got something loose in there and should return it.

Nov 16, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #2,210 of 2,791
Maybe listen to something especially bass heavy (go through a hip hop playlist) with bass boosted if possible and see if the problem exacerbates as it gets louder? If so then you've got something loose in there and should return it.
Its not getting like annoyingly loud but still present its like you hear some plastic resonating which you shouldnt well i lost the manuals but don't remember if i had them so i am gonna keep it. Some people said they had something similar but miraculously went away. Im not sure if im a believer. Wanted to use them for making electronic music, but i guess i can still master with them. Anyway thx for answers.

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #2,211 of 2,791
Its not getting like annoyingly loud but still present its like you hear some plastic resonating which you shouldnt well i lost the manuals but don't remember if i had them so i am gonna keep it. Some people said they had something similar but miraculously went away. Im not sure if im a believer. Wanted to use them for making electronic music, but i guess i can still master with them. Anyway thx for answers.
Are you wearing glasses?

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #2,212 of 2,791
Are you wearing glasses?
Nope but i think i found the solution: dont listen too loud even if it shouldnt do this noise. And its mainly present when listening to electronic music cause the kicks and subbass. I have focal listen pros and before i was listening music so loud i lost my hearing for 3 weeks in my left ear. So i'm not crying if i have to listen at moderate levels. Anyway thank you for answers and for the possible solutions. Metal, rock, ambient etc sounds great.

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #2,214 of 2,791
These don't come with manuals new in box. Just the headphones and a set of cables. I'd return them and repurchase if that's an option for you. Really not worth it to live with what sounds like a manufacture defect if you don't have to.

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #2,215 of 2,791
These don't come with manuals new in box. Just the headphones and a set of cables. I'd return them and repurchase if that's an option for you. Really not worth it to live with what sounds like a manufacture defect if you don't have to.
I agree..
It's gonna do your head in every time you have them on. Because you know it exists you'll be consciously listening for the noise to surface.

Nov 16, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #2,216 of 2,791
Nope but i think i found the solution: dont listen too loud even if it shouldnt do this noise. And its mainly present when listening to electronic music cause the kicks and subbass. I have focal listen pros and before i was listening music so loud i lost my hearing for 3 weeks in my left ear. So i'm not crying if i have to listen at moderate levels. Anyway thank you for the answers and for the possible solutions. Metal, rock, ambient etc sounds great.

Jesus, dude. Stop that now. As a 57-year-old with severe tinnitus and significant upper-frequency hearing loss, you'll thank me in a few decades.

I agree..
It's gonna do your head in every time you have them on. Because you know it exists you'll be consciously listening for the noise to surface.
Tha
Well it's not an option i already returned the demo one with same complaints. i don't be that guy. Mainly im listening to electronic and bass music i'll check the alternatives at 500-750$ price range. Also thank i couldn't remember what did the box contain.

Nov 16, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #2,219 of 2,791
I agree..
Yep. Any time there's an "is this wrong?" idea in your head, you gotta get that fixed. If you try and play the "I'll get used to it or it's not serious" thing eventually you'll be outside the return policy and realize you can't handle it anymore.

Nov 16, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #2,220 of 2,791
If sound quality is falling apart with volume, you're likely running the amp out of power. It sounds like that off my xCAN. What are you using? @tisamoo
Nah it's only the left ear right works fine. Ifi zen dac signature v2 with hfm signature amp. Im returning the headphones and staying away from them. Too bad they don't have competition in that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back