Hifiman Edition XS Launched
May 15, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #1,698 of 2,791
I've had my EXS for around 5 months now and my Focal Clears and Sundaras only get used when I feel guilty and justify keeping them by giving them a turn.

Headband hotspot isn't a major problem but it can surface on longer sessions. I went with the HD600 headband cushion and sliced up a velcro cable tie I got with an order from Ghent cables into 3 narrower pieces. It works really well, there is no adhesive of any kind and can be reversed in seconds. Now if the velcro was black it would be even better.

IMG_4870.png

IMG_4868.png

The mod requires extending by 3 notches over my usual setting.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,699 of 2,791
I've had my EXS for around 5 months now and my Focal Clears and Sundaras only get used when I feel guilty and justify keeping them by giving them a turn.

Headband hotspot isn't a major problem but it can surface on longer sessions. I went with the HD600 headband cushion and sliced up a velcro cable tie I got with an order from Ghent cables into 3 narrower pieces. It works really well, there is no adhesive of any kind and can be reversed in seconds. Now if the velcro was black it would be even better.

IMG_4870.png
IMG_4868.png

The mod requires extending by 3 notches over my usual setting.
I do the same thing with the same HD600 pad but with my Audio Technica ATH-M40X. However, I've been using, er, rubber bands as the attachment mechanism. I'll have to dig around and find one of those ties and replicate what you've done. Much more of an elegant solution!

May 15, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #1,701 of 2,791
I said i like the fit before but it annoyed me too. My beard grow up which made earpads lost it's grip to my skin so it really slides a lot depends on my mood/how i sit etc, which is very annoying.
I don't have too much problem with the headband hotspot. My dome isn't sensitive. I have this issue if the headband sits a bit forward on my head.
I noticed i constantly play with the placement of the headphone on my head. Right when i find the perfect fit, it either makes noises from the swivel point or slides which affects the comfort and fr.

May 18, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #1,702 of 2,791
I have tried the new Ananda Stealth for a couple of weeks after I sent back my broken XS, but I will send them back and order a pair of new XS instead, the comfort of Ananda is horrible compared to XS, the sound is worse in my opinion too, I needed to adjust Ananda with EQ to be somewhat satisfied, but they never sounded as good as XS did, now I just hope that the loose height adjustment on one of the sides was due to a bad assembly and that the new ones are ok.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #1,707 of 2,791
I ordered Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin for my Anandas, and I recommend that you stay away from Dekoni, the quality is under all criticism, they break when they are removed due to poor gluing, and they are uneven in shape and thickness that you clearly can see with your eyes, and they will compresses so much that your ears touch the drivers after about a couple of minutes, so save your money, Dekoni's pads for Araya, Ananda and XS are just crap and not worth your money.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,708 of 2,791
How does the minimum size adjustment compare to like an HE400 or HE6? I usually have those on minimum size setting, so slightly concerned if these would fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back