Hifiman Edition X
Aug 1, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #3,556 of 4,030
2832860501615497760.jpg
Darkvoice, sounds great out of the Vali 2 as well.

Aug 1, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #3,557 of 4,030
In my opinion, here’s what makes the Edition X such a great headphone. It simply doesn’t do anything wrong. It’s very well balanced without any weird treble peaks or sibilance, the bass isn’t bloated, the mids are present, it’s comfortable, and has a great soundstage.

Aug 1, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #3,558 of 4,030
@Hifiearspeakers - My thoughts exactly, the tuning on this headphone is brilliant! Also, it runs excellently on most sources/amps, a rare headphone indeed!

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #3,562 of 4,030
Hi,
I am looking an alternative for my LCD2Cs as they are too heavy for me and I can't wear them for more than an hour. I love the sound but the weight is killing me.
If I switch to Edition X (as they are available for $899), am I sacrificing the bass? How good is the soundstage and imaging on Edition X compared to the LCD2Cs and is it worth an upgrade?

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #3,563 of 4,030
Hi,
I am looking an alternative for my LCD2Cs as they are too heavy for me and I can't wear them for more than an hour. I love the sound but the weight is killing me.
If I switch to Edition X (as they are available for $899), am I sacrificing the bass? How good is the soundstage and imaging on Edition X compared to the LCD2Cs and is it worth an upgrade?
The Bass has more impact on the LCD2 but it's more natural in HEX IMO. soundstage is more expansive on the HEX and imaging is more precise. Overall HEX has a different sound signature and I think you should try before making the switch.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #3,564 of 4,030
Hi,

There will be less bass on the HEX V2, but the imaging, separation, and clarity are much better. The soundstage is larger as well. If you did a side by side, everything would sound so much clearer though the HEX. I can’t emphasize this enough, but the LCD 2 sounds veiled compared to the HEX.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #3,565 of 4,030
Any help appreciated.

Initially bought a he560 3 months back, within a couple of days a strange metallic crackling sound appeared in one of the drivers . Okay so I exchanged to another he560 same thing happened again. But here is the confusing and frustrating part. I part exchanged to a edition x V2 via hifiman directly hoping I won't experience the crackling sound . After light use over 2 months I thought I was in the clear (no crackling) so I bought a third party cable from forza audioworks. But within hours the crackling sound came back.

Any thoughts as to what is going on and a possible resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #3,566 of 4,030
What's the chance all those headphones developed the same 'metallic crackling' sound, I'd be looking at your signal chain. Work backwards from your amp back to your dac etc.

What is your music source coming from? Computer, laptop, phone?

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #3,567 of 4,030
I have other headphones i.e. audeze LCD xc & a hd650 no crackling what so ever, whilst using the same amp & DAC.

The amp is a ray samuels raptor the dac a project dac box rs and the source a project steam box ds net.

I have tried different vacuum tubes in the raptor and still the problem remains.

I also have a different head amp, a earmax pro and the crackling remains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back