Hifiman Edition 6 Headphones
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #46 of 318
Ouch, these exemplify everything that´s wrong with this new trend in high end headphones. What happened to HiFiMaN? They used to make fantastic products at their price points. I´m finding it very hard to take this company seriously anymore (same with Audeze & co). This must work commercially though or otherwise this wouldn´t be happening... Sad state of affairs. The value proposition of the classic era flagships (HD 600/650, K700-variants, Beyer DT 700-900) is now truly off the charts and should be the the first thing new hobbyists explore before going into the high end segment. If nothing else that will truly one´s  mind to what is now happening.

On the bright side this will further crash the prices of their former flagship stuff. Won´t be long until the HE-1000 (which I like, but the pricing is ridiculous) is available for 1000 new.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #47 of 318
I'm sure there will be fools who will buy this and say "oh it sounds so amazing" when it will be marginally better, if at all, than a well driven Sennheiser HD 650 (which is made by a true, honest audio company).

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #48 of 318
edition 6 will have amazing air between the instruments, deep bass, smooth mids and extended treble, v2 will have better imaging and even bigger soundstage, edition 7 will have even deeper bass, edition 7 v2 will have better cables for more air and better ear pads for even more comfort than the previous versions

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #49 of 318
All with a crash in used prices of the previous model every 6-9 months!

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #51 of 318
First I had to double check the date I woke up to, perhaps following a New Year's Eve coma, which was relatively feasible with the amount of booze on offer. A few seconds later after I worked out it is indeed not the 1st of April 2017 and all is pretty much the same with the rest of the world, it all turned into an incontrollable burst of laughter.

Recycled and fine tuned HE-6 driver and magnets in a HEK housing, is worth to me 2000$ max. New. I said it before that HEK was way overpriced for both SQ and BQ, but this is just bonkers. Not to mention this is what HEK should have probably been in the first place. Considering the "keen" proposed pricing, costing double than HEK, it just relegated HEK to mid-fi status. Which they are imo, for both sound quality and build quality reasons, just not pricing wise.

Ah always good to start the day with a good joke. Now it's time to get on with the grind.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #54 of 318
Yeah that would be funny. I spent enough on my HE-1000 to satisfy my high dollar headphone lust. This isn't even on my radar of stuff to buy. There are so many better things I could do for a fraction of the cost that would go towards improving my entire system, not just one part of it.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #56 of 318
$5999 is the new $3999.
redface.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #57 of 318
Reads like bait and switch... I hope HiFiMAN will come to their senses, otherwise I'll only have sweet memories of the times of the HE4xx and HE5xx 
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #58 of 318
If you think the price is high for the headphones, you should see the one for the amplifier.

The EF1000 price is only 15.000$, and at that price the set is still not their top end.

I think it is a good joke from Hifiman :)

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #60 of 318
Yeah, those look interesting. Hopefully they didn't just take the Shangri-La enclosures and added stands. They wouldn't do that... right?
I mean, open headphones can sometimes serve as impromptu speakers but that's not ideal 
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back