HIFIMAN Audivina Loaner Tour!!
Apr 24, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #46 of 164
Hello! I’d love to be involved in this trial : )

I live in Ohio, USA and have been on a headphone journey for about a year now. Started with Sundara and now have Arya and He1000 stealth. They both bring great joy!

I’d love a good closed back for recording music and listening at night to not bother my baby or wife when I’m up late so these are very interesting and I’ve been wanting to test them out. I don’t have any hifi shops near me that carry Hifiman products.

I haven’t written any reviews yet but I’ve been wanting to for a while and this will be a good motivation!

Thanks,
Casey

Apr 24, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #48 of 164
I'm interested.
Location Romania .
Curently I'm using Arya and looking to buy a good closed hp.
Thanks!

Apr 27, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #51 of 164
I am interested in the tour. I am in Michigan, USA.

I have managed to get to the headfi front page a few times from reviews a few times. Though not often.

Would love to compare the Audivana against my he6 6-screw and Utopia to see wear HiFiman has reached over time.

Thank you.

Apr 27, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #52 of 164
What I'd like to compare is the open sound signature of the HE1000v2 to the Closed sound signature of the Audivina... do we have a great open/closed relationship ??? I'd also like to try these out with the new Fiio M15s as that DAP has the option of selecting the 2nd Harmonic of which could place either of these open/closed at a different level by smoothing the upper frequency range where these headphones can seem a little bright on some songs... might have a pairing made in heaven with option of open/closed
Im in :)

Apr 27, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #53 of 164
I am very interested in reviewing this closed back, I used to own the HE-R10P before upgrading to Shangri-la Jr
I live in the USA Dalas /Texas area
I recently shared a review of the Shangri-la jr on head-fi and also on headamp.com

My current gear.
Hifiman Shangri-la jr, HE1000SE, Edition Xs and Deva Pro wired
DAPs. Cayin N6ii-RO1, N8ii and N7 (1 bit bit stream DAC)

Home system Lowther horn loaded speakers direct driven by a minimalist 2A3 single ended Amplifier with single driver stage and AudioNote turntable

May 2, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #54 of 164
The Audivina has landed today on my desk from China. 6-7 days to England is a pretty speedy delivery I have to say. It is an honour to be the first reviewer, kicking off this Audivina Head-Fi tour. @TeamHiFiMAN asked the participants to share brief first impression upon arrival, so here we go:
- nice carrying case
- pretty wooden cups
- huge headphones, but feels surprisingly light
- quite a bit of sound leakage
- fairly neutral tuning
- surprisingly spacious sound, probably the most spacious closed back headphones I have heard to date.
I look forward to some listening in the next two weeks.
Thanks for the opportunity!

PXL_20230502_175453112.PORTRAIT.jpg

May 2, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #55 of 164
@TeamHiFiMAN how do we find out who made the tour list?

May 2, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #56 of 164
Thanks to Hifiman and April for sending out the Audivina at high speed(local post is considerably slower) all the way to New Zealand.
First impressions are
very beautiful headphone that’s light and comfortable
sound straight out of the box is surprisingly very good, maybe a bit uneven
fantastic sub bass comparable to DCA Stealth, better than HEKse, Arya Stealth I would say.
most importantly NOT too bright
very good midrange with voices having weight and authenticity
soundstage is airy, holographic and not closed back like(again similar to DCA Stealth)

My setup is Antipodes streamer/server, Lampizator Level5, Violectric V200 and I use Toxic Silver Widow headphone cable.

Burn in for a couple of days and then more…

May 3, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #57 of 164
Thank you @TeamHiFiMAN for putting together this loaner tour. The Audivina arrived at my office the other day, but yesterday's dinner plans postponed my listening session until this evening. Here are my initial impressions after unboxing and listening to Audivina for about 10 minutes or so from the LAu and then listening to my HEKv1:
  • The hard-shell case is an improvement over the cardboard box from the Arya v1 and would likely do a decent job protecting the cans. The higher-end flip cases are okay but some of them were way too tight (looking at you HEKv1 case), and I felt that they all contributed to flattening of the pads if used for long-term storage. From a utilitarian standpoint, I feel that the hard-shell case does a better job on both counts.
  • Very lightweight cans
  • The wood actually looks quite beautiful, and this coming less than a week after spending some time with the ZMF Caldera at home
  • Decent cables from Hifiman?! What universe is this?! Did Hifiman lose its contract with its medical tubing supplier? After dealing with Focal, Meze, and (recently) ZMF cables, I'm actually quite surprised and pleased that the stock cables are actually decent. The only nitpick that I have with them is the nearly invisible black-on-black lettering (think Focal Utopia's 2020 cables), which makes determining the designated side for the connector quite difficult. A satisfying "click" tells you that the connectors are securely inserted into their respective earcup housings
  • With the HEKv1 being my daily driver over the past several days, the Audivina has an interesting tuning. To me it seems to be tuned with classical music in mind. There's definitely quite a bit of treble air, which fits classical music quite nicely but might not play well with more popular genres (more to come)
  • I do not perceive the soundstage from the Audivina being as tall as my HEKv1's
  • The Audivina is more punchy than my HEKv1's. I wonder if its driver structure has an attenuation ring-like structure seen in TH-X00 pads. So, this may be what the stealth magnets do to the sound (first time listening to a Hifman can having this magnet structure)
The only other close backs that I have include the TH-X00 Ebonies and ES-R10 (MDR-R10 homage). Some other amps that I either have at my office or sitting in a closet somewhere: Cavalli Tube Hybrid, Nitsch x Schiit Magni Piety, SW51+, Cavalli Liquid Gold X, Cavalli Liquid Platinum, Darkvoice 336SE, Magni 3, THX AAA 789. Let me know if there's any that you'd like me to try out with the Audivina.

20230502_222941.jpg

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #58 of 164
Thank you @TeamHiFiMAN for putting together this loaner tour. The Audivina arrived at my office the other day, but yesterday's dinner plans postponed my listening session until this evening. Here are my initial impressions after unboxing and listening to Audivina for about 10 minutes or so from the LAu and then listening to my HEKv1:
  • The hard-shell case is an improvement over the cardboard box from the Arya v1 and would likely do a decent job protecting the cans. The higher-end flip cases are okay but some of them were way too tight (looking at you HEKv1 case), and I felt that they all contributed to flattening of the pads if used for long-term storage. From a utilitarian standpoint, I feel that the hard-shell case does a better job on both counts.
  • Very lightweight cans
  • The wood actually looks quite beautiful, and this coming less than a week after spending some time with the ZMF Caldera at home
  • Decent cables from Hifiman?! What universe is this?! Did Hifiman lose its contract with its medical tubing supplier? After dealing with Focal, Meze, and (recently) ZMF cables, I'm actually quite surprised and pleased that the stock cables are actually decent. The only nitpick that I have with them is the nearly invisible black-on-black lettering (think Focal Utopia's 2020 cables), which makes determining the designated side for the connector quite difficult. A satisfying "click" tells you that the connectors are securely inserted into their respective earcup housings
  • With the HEKv1 being my daily driver over the past several days, the Audivina has an interesting tuning. To me it seems to be tuned with classical music in mind. There's definitely quite a bit of treble air, which fits classical music quite nicely but might not play well with more popular genres (more to come)
  • I do not perceive the soundstage from the Audivina being as tall as my HEKv1's
  • The Audivina is more punchy than my HEKv1's. I wonder if its driver structure has an attenuation ring-like structure seen in TH-X00 pads. So, this may be what the stealth magnets do to the sound (first time listening to a Hifman can having this magnet structure)
The only other close backs that I have include the TH-X00 Ebonies and ES-R10 (MDR-R10 homage). Some other amps that I either have at my office or sitting in a closet somewhere: Cavalli Tube Hybrid, Nitsch x Schiit Magni Piety, SW51+, Cavalli Liquid Gold X, Cavalli Liquid Platinum, Darkvoice 336SE, Magni 3, THX AAA 789. Let me know if there's any that you'd like me to try out with the Audivina.

20230502_222941.jpg
Any comparison to the ES-R10 is appreciated.

May 4, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #59 of 164
It's 32°C outside. I am hot, sweaty, and pooped from work, but there's gonna be a whole lotta listening tonight! 🤟😎

IMG_0295.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back