HIFIMAN Audivina Loaner Tour!!
May 25, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #91 of 164
Now you have me curious as to what you were expecting them to sound like. I have a tour sample due to me today. I can't wait to hear the Audivina's

Well, my last full-sized headphone from HiFiMAN was the Ananda. The Audivina is very different.

May 25, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #92 of 164
May 25, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #93 of 164
Well, my last full-sized headphone from HiFiMAN was the Ananda. The Audivina is very different.
I can them being different from this headphone and most open headphones in general
Sorry, guys. :) I found the Audivina good headphones, but not exceptional. Not for $2000. They actually lack some bits for that price.
I'll get to listen to them very soon as they are out for delivery. I have the HE-R10P's and I don't expect the Audivina's to best them. I do want to see what they do different from their big brother.

May 25, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #94 of 164
I can see where people are coming from with the criticism of the out-of-the-box sound. But honestly, I think they're a couple of small tweaks away from being excellent.

May 25, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #95 of 164
Sorry, guys. :) I found the Audivina good headphones, but not exceptional. Not for $2000. They actually lack some bits for that price.

Well I was kidding. I didn't expect it to be at Susvara standard. So I will audition it with an open mind and disregard others opinions.

I've had He1000se, Arya and had heard the He1000 v2 for while plus I have Susvara now. I'm just curious where the Audivina slot into the HiFiMan's range.

May 25, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #96 of 164
I just took delivery of the Audivina’s and initial impressions are they sound fantastic. The Audivina’s are light weight and beautiful to look at. I absolutely love the wooden cups. The first thing I did after listening to the Audivina’s with stock cable was put the stock cable back in the box. It’s a good cable, but it’s holding this headphone back. I’m now using a FAW Noir Hybrid with the Audivina’s and now we’re making some music.

I’m listening to them out of my DAVE/HMS/Silver Fox. The first thing that greets you is bass. It’s big, palpable, and has very nice impact. The rest of the frequency response from the mids on up are all very present. The Audivina’s are a very musical headphone with a hint of warmth. @robthemac is right, a couple tweaks to certain frequencies and these headphones will rock. I can hear them just wanting to open up and sing. I plan on applying some EQ with my Lokius. I think once I do the Audivina’s will have a winning sound.

IMG_0477.jpeg

May 25, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #97 of 164
Well I was kidding. I didn't expect it to be at Susvara standard. So I will audition it with an open mind and disregard others opinions.

I've had He1000se, Arya and had heard the He1000 v2 for while plus I have Susvara now. I'm just curious where the Audivina slot into the HiFiMan's range.
@UntilThen not quite Susvara like but the Audivina's sound very, very good to these ears :smile_phones:

May 25, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #98 of 164
I just took delivery of the Audivina’s and initial impressions are they sound fantastic. The Audivina’s are light weight and beautiful to look at. I absolutely love the wooden cups. The first thing I did after listening to the Audivina’s with stock cable was put the stock cable back in the box. It’s a good cable, but it’s holding this headphone back. I’m now using a FAW Noir Hybrid with the Audivina’s and now we’re making some music.

I’m listening to them out of my DAVE/HMS/Silver Fox. The first thing that greets you is bass. It’s big, palpable, and has very nice impact. The rest of the frequency response from the mids on up are all very present. The Audivina’s are a very musical headphone with a hint of warmth. @robthemac is right, a couple tweaks to certain frequencies and these headphones will rock. I can hear them just wanting to open up and sing. I plan on applying some EQ with my Lokius. I think once I do the Audivina’s will have a winning sound.

You've just made my day then. :ksc75smile:

I also have the FAW Noir Hybrid on my Susvara. Guess I will use it on the Audivina too.

May 25, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #99 of 164

Nice. Yeah, I listened to the Audivina next to my LCD-3 prefazor and HEKv1 on the LAu and I wasn't left wanting for bass.

May 25, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #100 of 164
Don’t know why people can’t hear bass with this headphone. Had it on loan and found it very good but too much like Sony MDR-Z1R as it is too holographic for me. There’s the initial WOW moment but I can’t stand it long term…in short doses it is an outstanding headphone.
And it looks great. And April is a joy to deal with. And so on…

May 25, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #101 of 164
Don’t know why people can’t hear bass with this headphone. Had it on loan and found it very good but too much like Sony MDR-Z1R as it is too holographic for me. There’s the initial WOW moment but I can’t stand it long term…in short doses it is an outstanding headphone.
And it looks great. And April is a joy to deal with. And so on…
I owned the Z1R’s and the Audivina’s are indeed more grand than those. They both have big bass, but the Audivina’s have better technical ability than the Z1R’s. I owned the Z1R’s for 6 years, before moving on from them. So I get why you like them :smile_phones:

May 25, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #102 of 164
You've just made my day then. :ksc75smile:

I also have the FAW Noir Hybrid on my Susvara. Guess I will use it on the Audivina too.
It’s a nice pairing as the FAW Noir Hybrid brings out the mids and upper frequencies making the Audivina’s sound more balanced.

May 25, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #103 of 164
I owned the Z1R’s and the Audivina’s are indeed more grand than those. They both have big bass, but the Audivina’s have better technical ability than the Z1R’s. I owned the Z1R’s for 6 years, before moving on from them. So I get why you like them :smile_phones:

Have you tried the Raal Requisite CA-1A. I thought the bass is great on that headphone with Holo Bliss. If you have, how does Audivina compare with the Raal.

May 25, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #104 of 164
Have you tried the Raal Requisite CA-1A. I thought the bass is great on that headphone with Holo Bliss. If you have, how does Audivina compare with the Raal.
Yes, I heard the CA-1A‘s and I wasn’t a fan. It’s not my type of sound. So naturally, I find the Audivina’s better. The CA-1A’s are more unique sounding. They have bigger soundstage, more airy treble and sound faster, but thinner to my ears.

May 25, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #105 of 164
Been busy with work. Review is forthcoming... overall, I liked them (especially for classical music). I got used to its sound signature after brain burn-in. Not the genre master like the HEKv1. Got plenty of bass, especially when compared to the other cans shown below.

20230516_220443.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back