HiFiMan Arya Reviews
Jan 24, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #16 of 21
At the moment I’m outputting from an Audio Technica turntable and a Sonos Port for streaming Tidal. I’m looking at picking up something like a Chord Mojo to bypass the DAC in the Port, but haven’t made a decision there yet

Sep 19, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #17 of 21
I just got the Arya headphones, and I'm pretty much in love with them. I have a SMSL M400 DAC plus a Topping A90 amp. It sounds great driving the DAC via USB from my Mac. Using Fabfilter Pro-Q 3 for EQing makes a BIG difference on a lot of the tracks I like to listen to. I found 9-band parametric EQ settings on Reddit, which really hit the spot for me. Very happy with my purchase.

Apr 12, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #18 of 21
The 2020 edition Arya is my endgame...

Attachments

• 260397AD-FE4F-4033-8C42-A9B6F725BE33.jpeg
    260397AD-FE4F-4033-8C42-A9B6F725BE33.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Nov 12, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 21
Glad to help!

I had a discussion with Mark at HiFiMan. He all but admitted that the Arya uses the same planar drivers as the HE1000-V2. He worded his statement carefully, but it was clear what he was trying to convey. A little research on my part has found that the drivers for the HE1000, the HE1000-V2, the HE1000-SE, and the Arya are all the same size. I suspect they all use the exact same driver, only tuned slightly differently for each model. Mark went on to say that, unless I'm going to upgrade all the way up to the $3,500 HE1000-SE, I'd be wasting my money. That's quite an endorsement of the Arya.

Like I said earlier, I originally bought the Ananda and returned them for the Arya. The Ananda appears to use the same drivers as the Edition X, and are smaller than the ones in the Arya - this explains the Arya's better bass. I found the Anandas to have a harsh upper peak that made classic rock recordings sound harsh. If you can get past the $1,600 price tag, I think the Aryas are as good as you'll find this side of $3,500 or so. You can get 10% off on them at Audio46, but their return policy is downright draconian. I bought a pair of Beyers from them, and had to fight to return them - return two items, and they'll basically cut you off. Jim at HiFi Heaven is great to work with. Buy from him, and he'll work with you if you don't like what you get.

I vote "yes" - in my opinion, the difference in price between the Ananda and Arya is worth it. You're basically getting their $2,700 HE1000-V2, minus the fancy wood and stainless trim for $1,600. The Arya is an end game headphone. The Ananda is not. I'm just a regular working person. It took me a year to save up for the Aryas, with a couple of trade-ups along the way, and I do not regret the purchase.
I just purchased a Ifi ICan pro signature to power planars (Woo WA22 for my Senn. 800S). I have Mr Speaker Ether C (closed back) and wanted some open back planars. As I am semi retired, I just could not get comfortable with $6,000 for the Susvaras.

Seems like Arya is a good way to go at a reasonable price point. Ordered from Moon Audio with Blue Dragon cable upgrades. Will be happy to post review once they arrive.

Happy holiday season to all!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #20 of 21
For anyone who finds it relevant, I ended up hating the Lyr and sold it for a Lake People RS-08 instead (similar to a Vio v100). Found the Lyr hazy and muddy sounding, with a condensed soundstage and a bit veiled. I’m sure it’s not a bad amp, just not a good pairing with the Arya.

The Lake People by contrast is clean, fast, resolving and more spacious. Really enjoying it, although it is on the leaner side.

Now looking at upgrading my Modi Multibit to a Bifrost 2 to see if I can get a little more weight, timbre, and spaciousness to the sound

May 16, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #21 of 21
I just purchased a Ifi ICan pro signature to power planars (Woo WA22 for my Senn. 800S). I have Mr Speaker Ether C (closed back) and wanted some open back planars. As I am semi retired, I just could not get comfortable with $6,000 for the Susvaras.

Seems like Arya is a good way to go at a reasonable price point. Ordered from Moon Audio with Blue Dragon cable upgrades. Will be happy to post review once they arrive.

Happy holiday season to all!
Sure. Arya has the best ratio sound performance/price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back