HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #841 of 11,867
ZMF provides lifetime warranty only to an original purchaser. Their warranty is non-transferable. A guy I know said he paid $300 to replace his Atticus driver.
Only Focal (they changed policy recently), Audeze, and MrSpeakers allow warranty transfer as long as you have a receipt.

"The warranty is transferable, provided there is documentation of the original purchase and that the original purchase was not "gray market" through an unauthorized reseller. "

so if you buy from someone on headfi, who bought it from another headfi member but did not ask for the original owner receipt, you are SOL.

most company does not offer transferable warranty. If thats the case then company would not make money from fixing stuff and/or user would just buy off of Head-fi :D. Sometimes company will let you get away with it depend on how big or popular they are. In the PC world, EVGA would replaced your unit no matter what (if you talk to the right person), AORUS would make you go through hell even if you are the original owner with the receipt. Anyway, I digress.

Apr 10, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #842 of 11,867
"The warranty is transferable, provided there is documentation of the original purchase and that the original purchase was not "gray market" through an unauthorized reseller. "

so if you buy from someone on headfi, who bought it from another headfi member but did not ask for the original owner receipt, you are SOL.

most company does not offer transferable warranty. If thats the case then company would not make money from fixing stuff and/or user would just buy off of Head-fi :D. Sometimes company will let you get away with it depend on how big or popular they are. In the PC world, EVGA would replaced your unit no matter what (if you talk to the right person), AORUS would make you go through hell even if you are the original owner with the receipt. Anyway, I digress.

Yes that's right. The catch is that the original owner should've purchased it from an authorized dealer, and the receipt should be transferred to the next owner. That applies also to Focal and Audeze.
Focal's warranty was non-transferable, but Focal recently initiated new warranty policy that is transferrable for 5 years. Perhaps, Focal is most generous regarding warranty at this moment.
I hope Hifiman also catches things up in the near future.

Apr 10, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #843 of 11,867
Yes that's right. The catch is that the original owner should've purchased it from an authorized dealer, and the receipt should be transferred to the next owner. That applies also to Focal and Audeze.
Focal's warranty was non-transferable, but Focal recently initiated new warranty policy that is transferrable for 5 years. Perhaps, Focal is most generous regarding warranty at this moment.
I hope Hifiman also catches things up in the near future.

I wouldnt argue with that, their reputation for quality headphone is not so great....tbh reason why I havent own a HIFIMAN, and the reason why I pick beyerdynamic T1 over the HE560s

Apr 10, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #844 of 11,867
I wouldnt argue with that, their reputation for quality headphone is not so great....tbh reason why I havent own a HIFIMAN, and the reason why I pick beyerdynamic T1 over the HE560s

Having heard both, though, HE560 and T1 are quite different sonically, T1 is thinner, more analytic, more detailed, where HE-560 is way more natural and open in the midrnage. I liked both actually, but they are different.

But when thinking price, isn't He-560 ~500 USD, where T1 is almost double the price...?

Considering the current sale on HE6SE, where it comes with EF100 AMP, the whole package being priced at 1500 USD, makes the price of HE6SE about 1K USD, and that is closer to the price of T1, which is about 1K USD, and there'd be no comparison between them... I heard T1 from a friend who uses it for mastering and mixing, and a friend has HE6SE (the same who owns Ananda).

http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he6se-ef100.html

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #845 of 11,867
Having heard both, though, HE560 and T1 are quite different sonically, T1 is thinner, more analytic, more detailed, where HE-560 is way more natural and open in the midrnage. I liked both actually, but they are different.

But when thinking price, isn't He-560 ~500 USD, where T1 is almost double the price...?

Considering the current sale on HE6SE, where it comes with EF100 AMP, the whole package being priced at 1500 USD, makes the price of HE6SE about 1K USD, and that is closer to the price of T1, which is about 1K USD, and there'd be no comparison between them... I heard T1 from a friend who uses it for mastering and mixing, and a friend has HE6SE (the same who owns Ananda).

http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he6se-ef100.html

this was years ago, I'm talking about original T1 vs original HE560 when they were relatively the same price.
I like both, but I prefer the quality on the T1, the only thing that went after years of usage on my T1 was the headband, everything was relatively still in really good condition.

back then, the T1 was comparative to the HD800, HE560 was never even much of a discussion. I wouldnt even consider it if it wasnt for a friend in hawaii that have a HE560 and HD800. Didnt like the HD800 with my chord at all, now I'm in love with my HD820, Sennheiser sure have done their research.

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #846 of 11,867
Once i receive my balanced cable this Saturday i still be print out a review of the arya from my balanced amp.

Received my balanced cable this week. If you ask me, driving this baby single-ended is a shame!

I'll be honest with you, I am a fan of Audeze in general, I also have LCD-2C, and I will also be making a review on it sometime later.

I really think Arya is in another level of comfort entirely, man LCD-2X is heavy. Comfort wise, HIFIMAN knows their stuff, Audeze are heavy. this being said, I love the pads of both, both are really comfy.

Got an LCD-X (2018) with the new headband. Comfort wise i like the Audezes with the new headband very much. But my main point here is, even if the Arya is a cheap version of the HEKv1/2, it still is 1800€ (here in Germany), but when i grab it and put it on, i am feeling like using 250€ headphones in terms of pure build quality of this thing. Dont get me wrong, i fall absolutely in love with the Aryas sound, especially since i am using it balanced with the iDSD/iCAN Pro. But comfort for me is more then weight. When i am wearing the LCD-X, i am feeling like wearing a pretty nice headphone. If i am wearing the Arya, i am not feeling like that, if you get what i am saying.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #847 of 11,867
Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in HIFIMAN, that means a lot to us. We are glad to hear your comments on our products. We would like to invite you to join our upcoming Sundara Loaner Tour, we will send you a Sundara for two-week audition, then you can get more feelings about our products.

If you would like to join us, please PM us your name, full postal address and your telephone number then we will ship you the headphones.

We would love to know how you found it and hope you enjoy the tour.

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 11, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #848 of 11,867
HEKV2 prices drop to 50% on the secondhand market because that's exactly the cost of driver replacement.

Err no it is not, out of warranty, flat rate repair on an HE1000v2 is US$350 plus shipping.

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #849 of 11,867
Err no it is not, out of warranty, flat rate repair on an HE1000v2 is US$350 plus shipping.

Mark
Thanks for the clarification. I got my information from a HEKV2 owner. I must double check.

Is the $350 for one or two drivers? I presume you change them in pairs.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #850 of 11,867
Thanks for the clarification. I got my information from a HEKV2 owner. I must double check.

Is the $350 for one or two drivers? I presume you change them in pairs.

It is a flat rate, as to what the factory do will depend on what they feel requires to be done, they may replace both drivers if there feel the need to but that would the the engineers call.

Mark

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #851 of 11,867
Are the Arya ear pads 'beveled' to the same degree (or similar) to those on the Edition X v2 ,HE1000 v2 or other HM phones with this shape?

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 1.46.29 PM.png

I found the owners manual that answered my pad question:

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 6.36.18 PM.png

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #853 of 11,867
Is the Arya more focused/punchy/tighter compared to the HEXV2 especially in the bass department?
Is it tighter and more precise with better clarity? How much of a difference it is if any?

I haven't heard the HEXV2, but Arya is a true magical headphone, very open. I think that it is fairly tight and punchy, although I'd call it natural more than tight. they have a natural sound, the bass doesn't strike me as tight, rather as natural. The punchiness is really good though.

Clarity is insanely good :)

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #854 of 11,867
I haven't heard the HEXV2, but Arya is a true magical headphone, very open. I think that it is fairly tight and punchy, although I'd call it natural more than tight. they have a natural sound, the bass doesn't strike me as tight, rather as natural. The punchiness is really good though.

Clarity is insanely good :)

I will be placing an order for the Arya on Monday!
Here's hoping the sound is truly great and I have none of the HM QC issues I have read about on this forum. My first 'starter' hp, a few years ago, was a HM HE400S and it was pretty good for the modest cost. I am expecting a HUGE step up from that model with the Arya.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #855 of 11,867
this was years ago, I'm talking about original T1 vs original HE560 when they were relatively the same price.
I like both, but I prefer the quality on the T1, the only thing that went after years of usage on my T1 was the headband, everything was relatively still in really good condition.

back then, the T1 was comparative to the HD800, HE560 was never even much of a discussion. I wouldnt even consider it if it wasnt for a friend in hawaii that have a HE560 and HD800. Didnt like the HD800 with my chord at all, now I'm in love with my HD820, Sennheiser sure have done their research.

You need to hear the HE-1000SE. I think it may go well with your taste. It is bright/neutral. Very good dynamics. It doesn't sound soft.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back