1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Arya - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Next

Last
  1. GigaGram
    I like the analogy, but it screams placebo to me. The Arya and HE1000v2 share the same membrane and magnet structure. They won't be driven differently. The only change is that the Arya is housed in the Edition X v2's body. Same pads and angle as the he1000v2, just a potentially different cup material. I'm having a hard time believing that both headphones cater to vastly different sonic preferences.

2. betula
    I prefer a darker sound however I find the HEXV2 pretty dark. LCD2C has much more treble energy to my ears and Audeze is famously treble laid back. I could only take 10% more treble than HEXV2, however treble on HEXV2 is fine for me.
    Bass quality is fine too. It is very good indeed. What I miss a little bit is the Audeze impact you mention.

3. Hifiearspeakers
    The HE1000 V2 and HEX V2 are different headphones.

HEX V2 is short for Edition X V2.

You’re getting your models confused.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. mixman
    Uh, oh new Avatar........:ksc75smile:

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  5. mixman
    True the Arya shares the same body as the HEX V2, but sonically, according to the Hifiman rep, the Arya is supposed to be more like the HEK V1.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  6. Hifiearspeakers
    2328F140-6162-419F-893A-6413E3359575.gif
    The D8000 is coming on like a tidal wave.

omniweltall likes this.
  7. franz12
    Why don't you try the LCD4z? In my direct comparison between the Ether 2, the LCD4z, and the D8000, the lcd4z was better than the D8000 to my ears. :ksc75smile:
    But it was only about 40 mins of a head-to-head comparison, so take it with lots of grains of salt.

8. mixman
    I want to try the 4Z. That may be the only LCD I sell my X for.

phthora likes this.
  9. franz12
    Yes, I also want to try them at my home, though the X might have better FR than the 4z (referring from the Sonarworks measurements).
    The lowest street price I've seen for a new 4z is still 2800ish, which, I think, is pretty expensive for such a heavy headphone which I won't be able to use more than 2-3 hours per day.

10. omniweltall
    Awesome pics, mate. Wow. This is even better than headphones haha.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Atgm1 and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  11. Hifiearspeakers
    I’m quite happy with my D8000 and HEKse. I feel like all my bases are covered right now.

franz12 likes this.
  12. gb21011971
    Anyone have any impressions on how the Arya pairs with the Mojo?

13. devilboy
    Aaaaaaaaaand no headphone thread would be complete without a Mojo pairing question.

14. gb21011971
    Lol. Yep. But to make this one a vit more specific:

Mojo versus Dragonfly Red?

15. ls13coco
    Thank you very much, that is a much more thorough explanation than I had hoped for!

The way you put it applies to me too, as I do listen to a lot of metal.
    The thing about that though, is that in the past 3-4 years of my getting into audio gear has opened up my listening to many genres I wouldn't usually go out of my way to play.
    I find I mostly do not listen to metal with my headphones, instead going towards progressive rock, 90s alternative, female vocals and more.
    In my car I usually have death metal playing, 95% of the time.

I bought the LCD-2C specifically for my metal listening, and find I listen to much more with them too. I appreciate mids and bass more than treble, soundstage and imaging are also very important to me as well as I tend to prefer a warmer, less in your face signature.

I will look more into the he6se before pulling any triggers as you have opened my eyes here a little here.

Cheers!

bidn likes this.
First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Next

Last