HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #706 of 11,868
I have a very powerful amp driving my Arya and I don't know what amplifier your using but the Arya is not bright. If it's bright you're using the wrong amp.

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #707 of 11,868
560 was bright in the begining, and was still brighter later on. I really don't understand this hrs thing, it's not going to change the signature. Headphone drivers don't magically change sig over time. I really don't get where people get the idea for diver burn-in from? Don't yall question stuff? Like other possibilities? Your head? If you've been in this hobby long enough, you've had plenty of times to ponder stuff.
About burnt in, I have this pic for u.
微信图片_20190317010930.jpg

BTW, I do check me hearing once a while so THANK YOU for that genius.
I have a very powerful amp driving my Arya and I don't know what amplifier your using but the Arya is not bright. If it's bright you're using the wrong amp.
I have 4 different amps that I tried them on all of them. jds labs atom, aune s7, tempotec b-hp and popu dh70. I am just confused why y'all said that, maybe there something special with my unit? I don't know. I had some friends that came AB with the two and they have the same impressions.

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #709 of 11,868
I also agree the Arya is is no way bright. The Ananda is bright, the Arya is not, as a matter of fact I find it a little too warm and laid back.

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #711 of 11,868
How would you compare Ayra with HEKv2 and HEKse?
That would be a tough comparison because I don't have the Arya right here. Just off hand I would say they are more like a warmer, mellower HEK V2. They don't have the detail or the bass of the SE. The soundstage would be closer to the V2. Some might prefer the Arya to a V2, because it is a little warmer sounding.

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #712 of 11,868
Arya is a non fatiguing bright. MX4, you can't even think about brightness at all. They're like 2 complementary headphones.

He560 didn't have the treble aggression Arya has. Probably it is related to the resolution of the driver's in that spectrum. I don't personally find a huge difference in tonality from HE560 to Arya, I find they differ mainly on resolution and details. That could change the way we perceive tonality

If you wanna talk bright, think about DT 1990(A) with Jotunheim, that's bright.

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #713 of 11,868
That would be a tough comparison because I don't have the Arya right here. Just off hand I would say they are more like a warmer, mellower HEK V2. They don't have the detail or the bass of the SE. The soundstage would be closer to the V2. Some might prefer the Arya to a V2, because it is a little warmer sounding.
Interesting. Look forward to hearing your impressions on hex and hek series.

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #714 of 11,868
Arya is a non fatiguing bright. MX4, you can't even think about brightness at all. They're like 2 complementary headphones.

He560 didn't have the treble aggression Arya has. Probably it is related to the resolution of the driver's in that spectrum. I don't personally find a huge difference in tonality from HE560 to Arya, I find they differ mainly on resolution and details. That could change the way we perceive tonality

If you wanna talk bright, think about DT 1990(A) with Jotunheim, that's bright.

Try the HD800, Utopia and a DT990.

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #716 of 11,868
Interesting. Look forward to hearing your impressions on hex and hek series.

Wish I did have an Arya, and Susvara for comparison. I would have to take a couple days off work and have worse tinnitus afterwards, but I would have a smile..... even though I might not be able to hear anything for a while!

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #717 of 11,868
HD800 I totally agree.

Utopia isn't as bad in brightness as HD800 or DT 1990.

So for me, Arya is perfect sweet spot

Funny thing is, at the show I tried out the HD800 vs Utopia for a good 20-25 minutes and the HD800's highs irritated me the least, this despite the fact that I do think the Utopia is clearly better.

Mar 17, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #718 of 11,868
Funny thing is, at the show I tried out the HD800 vs Utopia for a good 20-25 minutes and the HD800's highs irritated me the least, this despite the fact that I do think the Utopia is clearly better.
You're absolutely right.

HD800 doesn't bother me for at least 30 minutes, after which it starts to Pierce my eardrums.

Utopia is not that aggressive in it's brightness.

Arya just has transients in highs that aren't overshot which gives resolution clarity and a sense of brightness without any fatigue

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #719 of 11,868
Wish I did have an Arya, and Susvara for comparison. I would have to take a couple days off work and have worse tinnitus afterwards, but I would have a smile..... even though I might not be able to hear anything for a while!

Ah. My mistake. Buy them all!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back