HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #767 of 11,868
Mar 28, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #768 of 11,868

more...
- -

Got the Arya 2h ago. All i want to say so far is that that stock hifiman cable is a joke. But ok, therefore i didnt payed the 1000 (v1/v2/SE) price. Anyway, i somehow want to stop to listen with this crappy single ended cable.

Hope @ForzaAudioWorks awnsers my email soon. I wonder if he can provide a adapter for my (Noir HPC Mk2) audeze cable to convert to the hifiman (3.5mm), like i saw it earlier in this thread? I immediately need a balanced cable for this baby (and kinna want to go with Forza again).

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #769 of 11,868
Are there any soundstage differences between Arya and HEX V2? My dream is an HD800 stage/imaging with LCD-3 tonality - the HEX V2 is the closest I've found (minus the treble roll off), but the stage is a little egg shaped (taller than it is wide), not quite as "natural" sounding to me as the HD800.

Mar 28, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #770 of 11,868
Are there any soundstage differences between Arya and HEX V2? My dream is an HD800 stage/imaging with LCD-3 tonality - the HEX V2 is the closest I've found (minus the treble roll off), but the stage is a little egg shaped (taller than it is wide), not quite as "natural" sounding to me as the HD800.

That would be a nice headphone..

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #771 of 11,868
Got the Arya 2h ago. All i want to say so far is that that stock hifiman cable is a joke. But ok, therefore i didnt payed the 1000 (v1/v2/SE) price. Anyway, i somehow want to stop to listen with this crappy single ended cable.

Hope @ForzaAudioWorks awnsers my email soon. I wonder if he can provide a adapter for my (Noir HPC Mk2) audeze cable to convert to the hifiman (3.5mm), like i saw it earlier in this thread? I immediately need a balanced cable for this baby (and kinna want to go with Forza again).[/spoiler]

I ordered these 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapters to use my Periapt cables with my Z7's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077ZVMBZH/

I know it's not ideal but I like how it's not a wire, so less chance for signal loss/degradation.

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #772 of 11,868
:L3000:

One could read the newspaper through this headphone, thats how open it is.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #773 of 11,868
Hello folks, i am new to the hp world. Got me the arya and would like to get an idea on two fronts. First is “recommended portable amp” anything better than ifi dsd black ? Second “balanced amp”. My budget less than $1000 if possible on one item only. I understand that the arya is not meant to be an on the go hp soi think i am leaning more on home usage amp instead. I read the Schiit Jottenheim-Topping dx7s-thx 789 (dunno when thats coming out)-i think a good amp with enough power to bring the best from the arya. Dac amp combo i might reconsider. Also the monoprice liquid platinum tubes heard good things on that. Just want to get everyones opinion and HELP. thanks in advance.

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #774 of 11,868
Hello folks, i am new to the hp world. Got me the arya and would like to get an idea on two fronts. First is “recommended portable amp” anything better than ifi dsd black ? Second “balanced amp”. My budget less than $1000 if possible on one item only. I understand that the arya is not meant to be an on the go hp soi think i am leaning more on home usage amp instead. I read the Schiit Jottenheim-Topping dx7s-thx 789 (dunno when thats coming out)-i think a good amp with enough power to bring the best from the arya. Dac amp combo i might reconsider. Also the monoprice liquid platinum tubes heard good things on that. Just want to get everyones opinion and HELP. thanks in advance.
Matrix M-Stage HPA-3B Balanced Headphone Amp

Mar 28, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #776 of 11,868

Soundstage differences or imaging differences?

Mar 28, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #777 of 11,868

If tonal balances are only issues to you, experiment Sonarworks plug-in or other EQ if you like that headphone. Tonal balances can be rather easily corrected via EQ.
Imaging, resolution, speed, or openness cannot be corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back