HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 18, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #3,001 of 11,868
Yea I play Valorant and CoD MW with my Arya, I just want to see if the HD800S will be better. Might have to order the HD800S to compare
Did this ever happen? I’m interested in the Arya for gaming but have seen a few reviews which said it wasn’t so good. Which is really surprising because I think the ananda is great for gaming. Especially when you want vertical imaging. Overall would love your opinions on the Arya for gaming.

Jan 18, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #3,002 of 11,868
Did this ever happen? I’m interested in the Arya for gaming but have seen a few reviews which said it wasn’t so good. Which is really surprising because I think the ananda is great for gaming. Especially when you want vertical imaging. Overall would love your opinions on the Arya for gaming.
Arya is amazing for gaming imo

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #3,004 of 11,868
Anyone with long cable envy and some diy skills but not deep pockets can think about buying a HE1000 V1 cable from the Hifiman store. Only available for Canada and USA delivery though.

3m balanced is priced to clear at $89. Reterminate with 3.5mm trs plug of your choice. I'm going to use Neutrik gold plugs which are cheap and same or better than what is on there now. Not very good at soldering but there are lots of YouTube videos for this very task.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #3,005 of 11,868
Been running topping a50s and hifi man arya v2 through my library and first impressions are very good. Maybe a little too edgy on the treble sometimes but amazingly big sound. geat slam when called for as welll. They really make you just sit there and grin sometimes Im Just using high gain unbalanced and have plenty of head room. Wonder if balanced will make a difference, Also have d50 on the way to complete the stack.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #3,006 of 11,868
Been running topping a50s and hifi man arya v2 through my library and first impressions are very good. Maybe a little too edgy on the treble sometimes but amazingly big sound. geat slam when called for as welll. They really make you just sit there and grin sometimes Im Just using high gain unbalanced and have plenty of head room. Wonder if balanced will make a difference, Also have d50 on the way to complete the stack.
Nice Max, enjoy! Are you using P50 with your amp?

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #3,007 of 11,868
They're usually edgy out of the box. The treble mellows out with burn-in.

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #3,008 of 11,868
Anyone with long cable envy and some diy skills but not deep pockets can think about buying a HE1000 V1 cable from the Hifiman store. Only available for Canada and USA delivery though.

3m balanced is priced to clear at $89. Reterminate with 3.5mm trs plug of your choice. I'm going to use Neutrik gold plugs which are cheap and same or better than what is on there now. Not very good at soldering but there are lots of YouTube videos for this very task.

I have done this with Oyaide 3.5mm trs headphone plugs. When doing this don’t just snip the 2.5mm plug off. There is a solid pure silver wire about 1” long molded in the rubber 2.5mm plug. It is soldered with the hot conductor. I do not know how the silver wire will affect sound, but if you want to keep them, then you need to cut open the rubber 2.5mm plug. Mine are still being burned in, but excellent results so far.

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #3,009 of 11,868
I have done this with Oyaide 3.5mm trs headphone plugs. When doing this don’t just snip the 2.5mm plug off. There is a solid pure silver wire about 1” long molded in the rubber 2.5mm plug. It is soldered with the hot conductor. I do not know how the silver wire will affect sound, but if you want to keep them, then you need to cut open the rubber 2.5mm plug. Mine are still being burned in, but excellent results so far.

Thanks for the inside scoop. I'm thinking the original connector sleeve is hot glued on there and I'm going to try a hairdryer first to get them apart. Otherwise I'll cut them open.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #3,010 of 11,868
Hey all. Been looking into a 3rd headphone and recently read up about these.

To be brief, I have the Fostex TH-909 for exciting, bassy music (electronic/metal) and the Sony MDR-Z1R for a warm, smooth listening experience (movies, games, general music).

The 3rd headphone would be best suited for classical / live music, so something analytical with a large soundstage is something I've been looking into.

Thought about going back to the TH900, but it was a bit too V-shaped, despite its large soundstage for a closed back. The Sennheiser HD800 was too bass light and HD800S had this weird veil that I could not like.

Reading reviews about these seemed to be a proper sounding HD800(S). Am I on the right track? It's been awhile since I've owned a planar. Been dabbling in dynamics for the past year or 2.

Will be driving these with the new DX300, so I might need to buy a 4.4mm cable as well. I've read they can be driven with the DX200 AMP8 on high gain, so I should be fine there.

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #3,011 of 11,868

To be brief, I have the Fostex TH-909 for exciting, bassy music (electronic/metal) and the Sony MDR-Z1R for a warm, smooth listening experience (movies, games, general music).

The 3rd headphone would be best suited for classical / live music, so something analytical with a large soundstage is something I've been looking into.

Thought about going back to the TH900, but it was a bit too V-shaped, despite its large soundstage for a closed back. The Sennheiser HD800 was too bass light and HD800S had this weird veil that I could not like.

Reading reviews about these seemed to be a proper sounding HD800(S). Am I on the right track? It's been awhile since I've owned a planar. Been dabbling in dynamics for the past year or 2.

Will be driving these with the new DX300, so I might need to buy a 4.4mm cable as well. I've read they can be driven with the DX200 AMP8 on high gain, so I should be fine there.
Look no further, Arya should be exactly what you are looking for, based on this description

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #3,012 of 11,868

Arya is known for it's large soundstage and instrument separation and layering within. I personally think Arya is not difficult to drive. Preferring running mine with OTL amp and it sounds great.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #3,015 of 11,868
Hi All,

I recently got Ananda and very happy with the SQ. I am thinking of upgrading to Arya.
I will only be running them out of M11 Pro and Cowon PM2 + ifi xcan or xduoo xd-05 plus for now.
Am I going to notice improvements if I am only running them out of portables? I am looking for better bass, soundstage and no muddiness in the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back