HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 3, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #11,881 of 11,916
Just got an email from Headphones.com. Reading it and I came across a link for open boxes. I clicked on it and browsed through. What caught my eye was open box Arya Organic's for $949. They are marked as final sale, so no returns.

I wouldn't worry about that though, if you are sure you want them. I bought some Focal Clear's/Radiance's and one of them was open box. I knew they had full warranty, but my fear was getting a DOA. I was told that a DOA would be replaced and besides that, they had full warranty and that was good enough for me. Still love my Focal's a year and a half later.

https://headphones.com/products/hifiman-arya-organic-headphones-open-box

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #11,882 of 11,916
I am planning to purchase Arya Organic and came across a certain video. It was 2 years ago and I'm wondering if it's worth considering this stack, or maybe there are better solutions for this moment and it's better to stay with the Aune S17 after all. Has anyone tried combining the AO with the Topping D70S DAC and Gustard H16 AMP, does it make sense, or is it better to choose something else?
It's not worth the hassle and take the Aune s9c, Topping DX9, Mytek Liberty DAC II

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #11,883 of 11,916
I am planning to purchase Arya Organic and came across a certain video. It was 2 years ago and I'm wondering if it's worth considering this stack, or maybe there are better solutions for this moment and it's better to stay with the Aune S17 after all. Has anyone tried combining the AO with the Topping D70S DAC and Gustard H16 AMP, does it make sense, or is it better to choose something else?
It's not worth the hassle and take the Aune s9c, Topping DX9, Mytek Liberty DAC II

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

The Arya Stealth works really well with the S17 pro.I would describe the overall sound of this amp as full, dynamic and rather on the pleasing side. That is, in my opinion, a good thing especially for the Aryas, because it takes away the harshness of the treble.

The Arya Organic is not that different. So I suggest to stay with the amp and invest the money somewhere else.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #11,884 of 11,916
For those looking for a replacement cable, I also found this site: https://www.audiocables.eu/

I have ordered one of these with 4-pin XLR: https://www.audiocables.eu/products...alanced-trrrs-xlr-trrs?variant=39809136361552

I'm planning to replace my Lehmann Black Cube with a Violectric V222 so that I can run fully balanced from the Eversolo A8 to the Arya.
Decided on the Topping A90D instead of the Violectric.
Also I got the balanced cable for the Arya Organic from Audiocables.eu. Took 11 days from order to delivery with UPS .

Arya on top of the Topping besides the Lehmann BCL.

1000003570.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #11,887 of 11,916
How do I remove the earcups from the swivel? The creaking on my Arya has gotten progressively worse. Got some Krytox 205G0 lubricant grease I hope to use.

I don't see any screws from the outside (highlight on image below) I can't seem to find any guide online on how to disassemble the Arya either.
ARYA.jpg

May 16, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #11,889 of 11,916
anyone use arya with v222?
I used the V222 when I was preparing the review of the Arya Stealth and Organic. Great synergy if you want to add a touch of smoothness and warmth. Also very impactful bass and expansive soundstage.

May 16, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #11,890 of 11,916
How do I remove the earcups from the swivel? The creaking on my Arya has gotten progressively worse. Got some Krytox 205G0 lubricant grease I hope to use.

I don't see any screws from the outside (highlight on image below) I can't seem to find any guide online on how to disassemble the Arya either.
ARYA.jpg
The yokes should be made of a strong plastic, whereby it seems like there would have been no way for HiFiMan to have assembled these but to have used a special jig to spread the yokes' ends apart to allow the cups to be fit in between without scratching the cups' rims. On my HiFiMans, with enough force, I can pry each pivot to be exposed a bit, but one definitely doesn't want to accidentally snap the yokes. It might be possible to introduce the grease (assuming you don't have a concern with voiding the warranty if you have one) onto the partially exposed pivots without completely removing the cups. Alternatively, see if tweaking said pivots outward then back in reduces the creaking.

20240516_104058.jpg

May 19, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #11,891 of 11,916
As of yesterday I’m the proud owner of the Arya Organic! What a wonderful pair, I love the stock sound with every genre, the soundstage is great and the comfort for my large head is perfect.

One question about pairings though! At the store I auditioned them with an EF600 (through the 4-pin XLR) and it was an instant shock (first time I actually get some tears while demoing headphones - that was somewhat embarrassing 😂). In my system at home though I feel like they perform at about 90% of what I heard at the store. I have tried them both straight out of my RME Adi-2 DAC and out of my Magni 3 while using the RME as a DAC. The soundstage feels smaller and I feel like they can use more power when I raise the volume.
Now, I can get an open box EF600 for around 700€ - would that be a wise purchase for the Aryas or I could get something else within that budget that performs equally or better? Is it the R2R DAC that is making the difference, the class A amp, the balanced connection or a combination of all of those?

May 19, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #11,892 of 11,916
One day I will get a version of the Arya. Do these play well on tubes or best to stick with solid state amps?

May 19, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #11,893 of 11,916
One day I will get a version of the Arya. Do these play well on tubes or best to stick with solid state amps?
Solid state for the most part. There are tube amps that will play nice with Planar headphones, but most don't on the affordable end except for hybrid tube amps. I run my Arya V3 off of a Mjolnir 3 currently, but I have used them with an Asgard 3 and up. They will scale well as you upgrade your amps & dacs to a point. Personal preference will play a big part in what will be the best combo of gear to drive your pair of Arya. Just a heads up though the cable it comes with is not that great, so I would consider getting and aftermarket cable once you have the ability to do so. I will be getting a tube amp in 2026 (getting a new dac in 2025 first) so I can't speak to how good they sound on tubes as of yet (provided that the amp can handle a low impedance load). The Arya V3 is currently going for under $800 so that might be your best way into acquiring them (i would guess used ones would be going for less now).

May 19, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #11,894 of 11,916
Looking at some of the listings on this site, some people are asking way... too much for their used pair of Arya Stealth. I purchased mine for full price which was around $1,600 at the time, but I know that I wouldn't be able to sell them for any more than $600 right now, lol.
Edit: okay some of them are from last year, but still.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #11,895 of 11,916
Solid state for the most part. There are tube amps that will play nice with Planar headphones, but most don't on the affordable end except for hybrid tube amps. I run my Arya V3 off of a Mjolnir 3 currently, but I have used them with an Asgard 3 and up. They will scale well as you upgrade your amps & dacs to a point. Personal preference will play a big part in what will be the best combo of gear to drive your pair of Arya. Just a heads up though the cable it comes with is not that great, so I would consider getting and aftermarket cable once you have the ability to do so. I will be getting a tube amp in 2026 (getting a new dac in 2025 first) so I can't speak to how good they sound on tubes as of yet (provided that the amp can handle a low impedance load). The Arya V3 is currently going for under $800 so that might be your best way into acquiring them (i would guess used ones would be going for less now).

Well there is a V3 here for $900 (CAD) https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/650044503-hifiman-arya-stealthv3/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back