HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #11,852 of 11,876
Apr 17, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #11,853 of 11,876
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #11,855 of 11,876
Apr 17, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #11,856 of 11,876
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #11,857 of 11,876
I ordered this cable.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuOYsSx

I have one premium occ cable from audioverse.de but it is single ended. So i look really forward about the quality.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #11,858 of 11,876
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #11,859 of 11,876
hello, i have question regarding clamp force. So i bought arya stealth from refurb hifiman store in EU. Everything with package and headphone was ok. But i had to return it because of comically weak clamp force. I have large head, really wide to be specific and most headphones that fit my head clamp me really hard. I can easly shake head with my hifiman sundaras and it doesnt move at all. But that particular aryas no matter setting on headband are sliding around like crazy. They don't even have the strength to seal pads to sides of my head. I had to return them but my question is Are all hifimans with that style of headband are like that? Or it was jus faulty unit. I really liked sound and im on verge of reordering them but if all of them have comparable clampforce its pointless. Maybe someone had multiple units with this headband and can share his experience regarding diferences in clamp force.

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #11,860 of 11,876
hello, i have question regarding clamp force. So i bought arya stealth from refurb hifiman store in EU. Everything with package and headphone was ok. But i had to return it because of comically weak clamp force. I have large head, really wide to be specific and most headphones that fit my head clamp me really hard. I can easly shake head with my hifiman sundaras and it doesnt move at all. But that particular aryas no matter setting on headband are sliding around like crazy. They don't even have the strength to seal pads to sides of my head. I had to return them but my question is Are all hifimans with that style of headband are like that? Or it was jus faulty unit. I really liked sound and im on verge of reordering them but if all of them have comparable clampforce its pointless. Maybe someone had multiple units with this headband and can share his experience regarding diferences in clamp force.
Highly unusual. They are not weak in clamp force whatsoever

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #11,862 of 11,876
I concur that the Arya Stealth is not at all supposed to have that light of a clamp force, their from my experience and some others' description supposed to be on the slightly heavier side compared to the relatively light-clamping HE1000se. This would seem like an unfortunate Q/C issue, but I would vie that when receiving a good unit, it is absolutely worth it.

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #11,863 of 11,876
I found a store with the Arya organic demo unit available in store and tried it out last weekend. In my memory, the wood ring on the picture of early batch of Arya o seemed more of a red colour, but now it's turned into orange-like, is it just me feeling so? Anyway, I still really like this wood ring, the combination of the black frame with this wood ring looks very aesthetically pleasing

Btw, do you guys think the tuning of the Arya organic leans a bit towards a V-shape? I feel like the treble is much brighter than the OG arya, besides, the bass is more powerful.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #11,864 of 11,876
Just got a new pair of Arya Organic.

So far I'm quite happy with them in the following setup:

Tidal -> Eversolo DMP-A8 -> Lehmann Black Cube -> Arya

I would like to ask if there are any recommendations for upgrading the cable to something better than the stock one?

I have been browsing this thread for a while now, but it's almost 800 pages long, and I don't seem to find anything specific regarding replacement cable?

I live in an EU country, so availability from inside the EU would of course be a big plus 😀

Thanks in advance for any useful recommendations.
I have the Eversolo A6 ME. Also have Apple Music and Tidal. Apple Music is more cumbersome but it will play music videos on the A6 but Tidal doesn’t allow videos.

Wonder if Tidal will update that?

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #11,865 of 11,876
I found a store with the Arya organic demo unit available in store and tried it out last weekend. In my memory, the wood ring on the picture of early batch of Arya o seemed more of a red colour, but now it's turned into orange-like, is it just me feeling so? Anyway, I still really like this wood ring, the combination of the black frame with this wood ring looks very aesthetically pleasing

Btw, do you guys think the tuning of the Arya organic leans a bit towards a V-shape? I feel like the treble is much brighter than the OG arya, besides, the bass is more powerful.
I think Arya in general is quite V shaped. Very apparent when you're listening to warmer headphones and switch over to Arya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back