HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #11,836 of 11,873
Great combo the valhalla2 and hd600. Really lifted hd600 to whole nuther level! Super stoked!

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #11,838 of 11,873
Well super-stoked with both Arya Stealth and my Senny hd600. Just got in Valhalhalla2 from Schiit, had magni/modi stack before. Can say that Arya do pretty well surprisingly on OTL Valhalla 2. But HD600 do really well. I was told that Aryas and other planar magnetic would do very badly on Valhalla2's, not the case. Do just fine. A bit suboptimal of course, but not terrible by any means. Even tested Kinera Iem's on them, were ok. So the Aryas were ok on Valhalla's, not bad, but the HD600's really shine! There's of course a 3x price difference! HD600 and Valhalla2 is a great combo! Brings the hd600 nearly up to Arya Stealth levels. Magic! Great combo! Check it out!

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #11,839 of 11,873
Yeah the combo of Valhalla2 and Senny hd600 is really magic!

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #11,840 of 11,873
Then again, listening to Arya Stealth magnet, and pretty sweet! So this amp isn't just for 3-600 ohm headphones, although that's where it will do best. Can fine also drive low-ohm planar magnetic cans and iems.

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #11,841 of 11,873
Just finished two weeks with my new-to-me Arya's (V1/V2). No slowly getting into these. Awesome from the start!
Puts out quite a clear, full sound.
Schiit BF2 balanced to iFi Pro iCAN balanced to Arya's. Some bass boost and 3D sound effects and I am hooked
Didn't care for these as much on my Violectric V220 or my Schiit Valhalla 2 (which I am currently enjoying with my HD660S2!).

They are also a perfect example of garbage in/garbage out. That might be a little insulting to some bands, but lo-fi/noisy music does not work great on these.

Lastly, these have a little mechanical flaw: I thinks the jacks are perhaps a little worn out or loose. If the headphone cable gets tight at all and you turn away, straining the cable, sound will cut out for part of a second.

Overall, I am thrilled with this purchase. My collection has never been this strong. I am a happy guy. :thumbsup:
Now, when I am browsing the forum, there is nothing that I feel I need. Might change out one of my amps or move on a set of headphones, but nothing planned.

This is where I had hoped to be when I started getting into this hobby hard, ten years ago.:relaxed:

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #11,842 of 11,873
I have the Element H plugged into a Ifi low noise external power cord. And the dac, amp, ifi power cord, and the computer itself are all plugged into a BIC 500 Denefrips balanced power transformer. :) I'm using Odin II power cables and XLR cables. AresII DAC and Jotunhiem 2 AMP with Arya Stealth headphones:). The transformer is plugged into the wall with an Odin2 gold power cord. All the other power cords, including on the computer were Odin2 Silver versions. Also using a electrostatic mat grounded and under the transformer and the grounding box. This way there is no static noise transmission through the carpet. I have a vast soundstage with extraordinary depth and extension in both directions of the spectrum. The bass is rich in its own space, not interfering with the mids. The bass is clean and fast and has adequate slam, that is the way I like my bass so I'm partial to this. Honestly, after the 600 hours of burn in needed for the Odin2 cables (XLR included) the depth and texture, clean texture, of the bass shines through; The treble is clear and extends off into heaven as well presenting air and space and shimmer. The mids have plenty of space between the layers. Its a rich sound field with many things happening at once. Arya sounds 3D holographic:). Listening to techno and notes are behind my head in space. Any genre this system kills it ....natural presentation with accurate soundstage layering when listening to symphonic works. Planars have excellent speed and imaging, peerfect for complex symphonies. Listening to Zeppelin which I know well, new dimensions of Jimmy Pages guitar work, and JPJ keyboards work were gleaned by the high resolution and clarity. Bottom line is when i take the usb out of the element H and just plug it into the computer, the sound is more grainy and etched. With the Element H the sound is richer and smoother. So thats it.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #11,843 of 11,873
I have the Element H plugged into a Ifi low noise external power cord. And the dac, amp, ifi power cord, and the computer itself are all plugged into a BIC 500 Denefrips balanced power transformer. :) I'm using Odin II power cables and XLR cables. AresII DAC and Jotunhiem 2 AMP with Arya Stealth headphones:). The transformer is plugged into the wall with an Odin2 gold power cord. All the other power cords, including on the computer were Odin2 Silver versions. Also using a electrostatic mat grounded and under the transformer and the grounding box. This way there is no static noise transmission through the carpet. I have a vast soundstage with extraordinary depth and extension in both directions of the spectrum. The bass is rich in its own space, not interfering with the mids. The bass is clean and fast and has adequate slam, that is the way I like my bass so I'm partial to this. Honestly, after the 600 hours of burn in needed for the Odin2 cables (XLR included) the depth and texture, clean texture, of the bass shines through; The treble is clear and extends off into heaven as well presenting air and space and shimmer. The mids have plenty of space between the layers. Its a rich sound field with many things happening at once. Arya sounds 3D holographic:). Listening to techno and notes are behind my head in space. Any genre this system kills it ....natural presentation with accurate soundstage layering when listening to symphonic works. Planars have excellent speed and imaging, peerfect for complex symphonies. Listening to Zeppelin which I know well, new dimensions of Jimmy Pages guitar work, and JPJ keyboards work were gleaned by the high resolution and clarity. Bottom line is when i take the usb out of the element H and just plug it into the computer, the sound is more grainy and etched. With the Element H the sound is richer and smoother. So thats it.
Out of curiosity, could you describe what you mean by "accurate soundstage layering" for symphonic works? Do you regularly attend live orchestra concerts? Is your setup accurately imaging the orchestra ahead of you with none of the instruments inaccurately imaging from the sides or from the headphone drivers? Are instrument sections properly where you would expect them to be from your perspective in the audience? Do the string sections image in lines ahead on the left and/or right as you would see the strings laid out on stage (this is partly recording-dependent)? Is high treble content or some transients coherently laid out before you rather than imaging too high or inside the head in some places?

There are some more modern tracks where I can hear things image behind or even above my head through the Arya, HE1000se, EQed Meze Elite, and maybe even my Jabra Elite 85h. For some, this is "3D holographic" and indeed enjoyable, while for me in the goal of preferring and simulating speaker imaging in service of the live sound (yes, for electronic music, almost "anything goes" depending on how it was originally mixed), it sounds like a blatant imaging error rather than a merit or gain of the playback system. I don't want to be enjoying Brahms Symphony No. 3 and then suddenly hearing a cello image from the upper right of my head or some other instrument coming from the complete wrong direction. I know firsthand that this is immediately and coherently corrected with HRTF measurements and binaural DSP.

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #11,844 of 11,873
Out of curiosity, could you describe what you mean by "accurate soundstage layering" for symphonic works? Do you regularly attend live orchestra concerts? Is your setup accurately imaging the orchestra ahead of you with none of the instruments inaccurately imaging from the sides or from the headphone drivers? Are instrument sections properly where you would expect them to be from your perspective in the audience? Do the string sections image in lines ahead on the left and/or right as you would see the strings laid out on stage (this is partly recording-dependent)? Is high treble content or some transients coherently laid out before you rather than imaging too high or inside the head in some places?

There are some more modern tracks where I can hear things image behind or even above my head through the Arya, HE1000se, EQed Meze Elite, and maybe even my Jabra Elite 85h. For some, this is "3D holographic" and indeed enjoyable, while for me in the goal of preferring and simulating speaker imaging in service of the live sound (yes, for electronic music, almost "anything goes" depending on how it was originally mixed), it sounds like a blatant imaging error rather than a merit or gain of the playback system. I don't want to be enjoying Brahms Symphony No. 3 and then suddenly hearing a cello image from the upper right of my head or some other instrument coming from the complete wrong direction. I know firsthand that this is immediately and coherently corrected with HRTF measurements and binaural DSP.
I understand your concerns. That is why I also stressed natural sound:)...does not sound "out of line. I'm listening to the Nutcracker right now and I guess when I say 'accurate soundstage layering" I'm talking about the bass and the mids specifically. I dob't really associate treble with 'layering' per se. The symphony is not 'behind me" but naturaly presented in front of me, the techno stuff however gets the illusion of 3d holographic. But this system is incredibaly resolving, it handles a symphony superbly IMO. The harp, the triangle, the bass, the strings, the woodwinds, all are natually presented in a vast soundstage. it just swims.... the notes. :) Ultimatley it reveals the recording itself.

Here is a track that shows good 3d holographic effects on my system

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #11,845 of 11,873
I understand your concerns. That is why I also stressed natural sound:)...does not sound "out of line. I'm listening to the Nutcracker right now and I guess when I say 'accurate soundstage layering" I'm talking about the bass and the mids specifically. I dob't really associate treble with 'layering' per se. The symphony is not 'behind me" but naturaly presented in front of me, the techno stuff however gets the illusion of 3d holographic. But this system is incredibaly resolving, it handles a symphony superbly IMO. The harp, the triangle, the bass, the strings, the woodwinds, all are natually presented in a vast soundstage. it just swims.... the notes. :) Ultimatley it reveals the recording itself.

Here is a track that shows good 3d holographic effects on my system

That's some deep bass... On either the EQed Meze Elite or unEQed HE1000se or Arya Stealth, I feel deep and tactile bass around a foot in front of me that doesn't mask the vocals. The background synths and reverbs are audible and I guess reasonably separated, maybe making a microcosm of ambient space within the confines of the headphone space with only some illusion of extending beyond that. The central vocals are maybe in the middle of the head, though vocals for some other tracks may image at least in front of my face. The higher-register "See Mi Yah" is kind of to the upper right which for me is probably not the intent of the mix, the lower-register "See Mi Yah" perhaps being amid the upper left, though maybe not as high. Flanking vocals image from the headphone drivers. The background hiss effect images from the middle right.

With binaural head-tracking, the image is projected a meter ahead with vocals between five distinct positions: left virtual channel, middle left, center, middle right, and right virtual channel. The hiss effect still comes from the middle right though the intermittent higher-frequency echoes image from the right virtual channel. The sense of bass tactility and subwoofer presence is maintained, though of course only felt by the head. with head-tracking, I can also rotate my head toward individual sources, which can simply be a fun if not immersive gimmick.

In regard to "natural" sound for symphonies, taking the below as an example, do you feel the instruments sections laid out before you with your literally being able to look at the virtual sounds in space ahead of you without feeling "cross-eyed" with nothing imaging from the sides/drivers, instruments imaging from where they should be on the stage as seen in the footage? I am just curious as to whether there really are folks who are experiencing things without DSP that I've found I could only experience through DSP.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #11,846 of 11,873
That's some deep bass... On either the EQed Meze Elite or unEQed HE1000se or Arya Stealth, I feel deep and tactile bass around a foot in front of me that doesn't mask the vocals. The background synths and reverbs are audible and I guess reasonably separated, maybe making a microcosm of ambient space within the confines of the headphone space with only some illusion of extending beyond that. The central vocals are maybe in the middle of the head, though vocals for some other tracks may image at least in front of my face. The higher-register "See Mi Yah" is kind of to the upper right which for me is probably not the intent of the mix, the lower-register "See Mi Yah" perhaps being amid the upper left, though maybe not as high. Flanking vocals image from the headphone drivers. The background hiss effect images from the middle right.

With binaural head-tracking, the image is projected a meter ahead with vocals between five distinct positions: left virtual channel, middle left, center, middle right, and right virtual channel. The hiss effect still comes from the middle right though the intermittent higher-frequency echoes image from the right virtual channel. The sense of bass tactility and subwoofer presence is maintained, though of course only felt by the head. with head-tracking, I can also rotate my head toward individual sources, which can simply be a fun if not immersive gimmick.

In regard to "natural" sound for symphonies, taking the below as an example, do you feel the instruments sections laid out before you with your literally being able to look at the virtual sounds in space ahead of you without feeling "cross-eyed" with nothing imaging from the sides/drivers, instruments imaging from where they should be on the stage as seen in the footage? I am just curious as to whether there really are folks who are experiencing things without DSP that I've found I could only experience through DSP.

Wow, you have a pretty unique way of analyzing these things...Yeah the See Mi Ya is just a cool song, not meant to be a standard, but it has some trippy effects which is what I was referring to "out of head", in any event I'm listening to Tchaikovsky's 3rd piano concerto cnd. by Eugene Ormandy and I just find it gripping! It' is in a small way a 'standup' speaker experience. :) Also, thats is a beautiful video thanks for sharing! :)
20230613_201414.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #11,848 of 11,873
Just got a new pair of Arya Organic.

So far I'm quite happy with them in the following setup:

Tidal -> Eversolo DMP-A8 -> Lehmann Black Cube -> Arya

I would like to ask if there are any recommendations for upgrading the cable to something better than the stock one?

I have been browsing this thread for a while now, but it's almost 800 pages long, and I don't seem to find anything specific regarding replacement cable?

I live in an EU country, so availability from inside the EU would of course be a big plus 😀

Thanks in advance for any useful recommendations.

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #11,849 of 11,873
Just got a new pair of Arya Organic.

So far I'm quite happy with them in the following setup:

Tidal -> Eversolo DMP-A8 -> Lehmann Black Cube -> Arya

I would like to ask if there are any recommendations for upgrading the cable to something better than the stock one?

I have been browsing this thread for a while now, but it's almost 800 pages long, and I don't seem to find anything specific regarding replacement cable?

I live in an EU country, so availability from inside the EU would of course be a big plus 😀

Thanks in advance for any useful recommendations.
https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/category.php?id_category=36

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #11,850 of 11,873
My best Ananda replacement cable (applies to Arya as well) is from EachDIY cable seller from Aliexpess. i’ve tried cables from different suppliers and the most flexible, no memory form retention and zero microphonics is the one from this seller:

https://eachdiy.es.aliexpress.com/store/1500030

As long as the price (shipment included) is less than 150€, VAT is paid by the seller and no import paperwork is needed to get the dable into the UE

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back