HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #11,761 of 11,919
I'm not saying the Edition XS are bad, I was super happy with them. Great performers, especially for the current price.

But I almost passed on the Aryas after reading multiple Reddit posts that they're at 90% of performance level of the Aryas. Glad I bought them in the end to realize that they're significantly superior. Not 2 times better as the price suggests (diminishing returns kick in hard, no surprise) but no way the XS is only 10% away. Technical performance of Arya drivers (transients, (micro)dynamics, sound decay, soundstage) is on another level. Also I prefer their more transparent and resolving timbre in the mids. And they scale deeply with better sources too, even though not being hard to drive.
Spot on and exactly what I was getting at. Some people put it out there that it's so close to the Arya and I'm like... Huh? XS was my least liked out of the three Hifiman I had (Arya V2, Amanda OG, XS)

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #11,762 of 11,919
I was wondering the exact same thing about the differences between V1 and V2.
V1 has a mesh instead of the cloth cover on the outside of the earcups. The pads also have cloth attached

V2 has cloth on outside and the cloth is now attached to the inside, no longer on the ear pads

V3 will look about the same but I believe the magnets have a different shape and a green shine to them

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #11,763 of 11,919
I'd join the club as well if some good lady or gentleman would tell me the difference between arya, stealth and organic

V2 = airy, Stealth = truest representation to source, Organic = V shaped presentation to bass and treble.

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #11,764 of 11,919

Unfortunately it doesn’t help..
Reviewer show v3 has 3 circles round magnet and thicker grill.
V2 - round magnet with a dot and thiner grill.

I have 3-circles, but thiner grill.

Is it possible that I have v3 drivers but v2 grills?

Attachments

• IMG_5002.jpeg
    IMG_5002.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5003.jpeg
    IMG_5003.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 21, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #11,766 of 11,919

I checked my Arya Stealth I got directly from Hifiman. I have 3 rings on the magnets and thinner grills like you, so the comparison might not be accurate. Apparently there was a silent revision of the V3 in which they returned to the V2 grill design. See the comment below.
My arya stealth looks different from yours. Mines looks more like the v2 (thinner grill). but when I shine a flash light through them I see the 3 rings on the magnet, green tint, and similar shaped magnets on both inside and outside of the driver. So It looks like I got the new stealth drivers in the old v2 chassis, or maybe they just gave me the wrong grills. hopefully there's no sound difference.
I bought the stealth and the first time they sent them they looked like the one in the video. They had a more open airy sound to it because the mesh they used is more open and see thru than the V2 look. Things sounded more surround and taller for sure. My first pair had issues so I was sent the second ones which looks like the V2 but I can see the thinner magnets thru the mesh but barely because the mesh is not as see through. The second pair sounds more forward and engaging. I think it has better punch and dynamics because of it. But I think I liked the airy open sound better tbh. The second pair doesn't sound bright and detailed as the first pair did at least to my ears. It sounds more congested and hard to hear highs.

Also, does the seller have the original box? There's a Stealth Magnet sticker on the V3.

Mar 21, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #11,767 of 11,919
Ty sir. Would it be to bright considering that I'm quite treble sensitive? Is Mojo2 powerful enough?
I don't agree with "the best overall". It's a different tuning, that can be sibilant for some people yes. I find the stealth a much better tuning personally. The mojo wont be enough to drive them properly if you want max performance. The amp of the mojo is weak in bass/dynamics (it even couldn't drive my focal celestee properly). I would recommend an external amp to go with it

Mar 21, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #11,769 of 11,919
I personally would not recommend Hifiman in general if you are treble sensitive. I think ZMF Bokeh, Meze 109 Pro, or if you have the money ZMF Atrium Open are better choices.
Agreed in general, with the caveat that the 109 Pro also has elevated treble.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #11,770 of 11,919

V3/Stealth has a greenish tinge/shine on the diaphragm at certain angles.

Mar 22, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #11,773 of 11,919
Perhaps lcdx is the answer for me. Not treble fatiguing and easy to drive for my Mojo2...
Thank you very much folks
Again mojo 2 won't be enough to drive them correctly. It does not a good job at driving the full sized headphones (at least in my opinion) it has weak dynamics and closed soundstage
(Honestly even my x1sgt aune 300e unit sounded more open and wide, as well as more dynamic and textured in the bass). I think any choice you make with your headphones you will be a bit frustrated with only mojo2.

Mar 22, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #11,774 of 11,919
My opinion...mojo2 drives the lcd-x magnificently.

sidenote to @SecretAgent, you have repeatedly asked the same question over many different threads & received many answers. Personally, I wont be responding to you anymore on this topic, as you seem to ignore all advice.

Mar 22, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #11,775 of 11,919
My opinion...mojo2 drives the lcd-x magnificently.

sidenote to @SecretAgent, you have repeatedly asked the same question over many different threads & received many answers. Personally, I wont be responding to you anymore on this topic, as you seem to ignore all advice.
Just buy something and if it doesn’t work out get something else in 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back