HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #11,506 of 11,945
Dear friends here is a comprehensive HIFIMAN Arya Organic Review including comparisons with Arya Stealth and Ananda Nano.

IMG_20231224_150359-wm-52168.09999999404_watermarked.jpg
From other reviews they say the soundstage on the Organic is significantly wider than that of the stealth almost arya v2 width.
I have the stealth & was considering the Organic mainly for its sound stage. 🤔

Jan 7, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #11,507 of 11,945
From other reviews they say the soundstage on the Organic is significantly wider than that of the stealth almost arya v2 width.
I have the stealth & was considering the Organic mainly for its sound stage. 🤔
With all respect to other reviewers, in my opinion, width is on the same level. Buy the Organic if you need the different tuning.

Jan 11, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #11,509 of 11,945
Edit - ignore, setup issue

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #11,510 of 11,945
a good cable that makes the sound of the v2 more full-bodied?
FWIW: I'm really happy with my Integra (balanced XLR) from Arctic cables

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #11,511 of 11,945
Cross posting this from the XS thread:

I've compared the Edition XS extensively to the Arya Stealth over the past month, and I think I've come to the conclusion that the Edition XS sound better. Perhaps there is something wrong with me lol.

The Arya SE is smoother, particularly in treble ("s" sounds are less sharp) but I really struggle to name anything else that it does better.

Soundstage: XS > Arya SE
Dynamics: XS > Arya SE
Tuning: XS > Arya SE (def preference here)
Bass: XS > Arya SE (doesn't extend as deep but you can actually feel it)
Mids: XS > Arya SE (vocals sound more tangible, where they sound weirdly too close and above eye level on the Arya SE)
Treble: XS > Arya SE (just enough emphasis in the treble to provide a bit more dynamics....on Arya SE it sounds a bit boring while being bright, not sure how lol)
Comfort: Arya SE > XS (will give this to Arya SE, although I personally have zero problem with XS headband)

I realize many of these will be down to preference, but with the difference in price there is no reason why it should be so close.

Bottom line, with the XS I enjoy the music or game audio more. Find myself just lost in it more. With the Arya SE, I find myself thinking "wow this sounds really smooth and doesn't do anything wrong really, I'm just not enjoying it as much".

Also there is something weird with the Arya SE soundstage. Its like a triangle where the base is in front and the point is behind you, so audio to L/R sort of tapers inward to the back of your head. And as I mentioned, vocals sound like they are above my eyes which is a really weird experience. They're definitely taller, but not as wide as XS.

Again, XS at $379....just wow. This should be everyone's entry into planars at this point IMO. And you can probably be done, so long as the fit agrees with your head.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #11,514 of 11,945
How does the Organic compare to the Arya V2? I've heard the stealth and I like the sound signature of my V2 over those but I'm interested in the Organic because I've seen nothing but good things about them. I just don't know if it's worth getting them or if I should wait and get something like the HE1000 V2 as an upgrade.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #11,515 of 11,945
Cross posting this from the XS thread:

I've compared the Edition XS extensively to the Arya Stealth over the past month, and I think I've come to the conclusion that the Edition XS sound better. Perhaps there is something wrong with me lol.

The Arya SE is smoother, particularly in treble ("s" sounds are less sharp) but I really struggle to name anything else that it does better.

Soundstage: XS > Arya SE
Dynamics: XS > Arya SE
Tuning: XS > Arya SE (def preference here)
Bass: XS > Arya SE (doesn't extend as deep but you can actually feel it)
Mids: XS > Arya SE (vocals sound more tangible, where they sound weirdly too close and above eye level on the Arya SE)
Treble: XS > Arya SE (just enough emphasis in the treble to provide a bit more dynamics....on Arya SE it sounds a bit boring while being bright, not sure how lol)
Comfort: Arya SE > XS (will give this to Arya SE, although I personally have zero problem with XS headband)

I realize many of these will be down to preference, but with the difference in price there is no reason why it should be so close.

Bottom line, with the XS I enjoy the music or game audio more. Find myself just lost in it more. With the Arya SE, I find myself thinking "wow this sounds really smooth and doesn't do anything wrong really, I'm just not enjoying it as much".

Also there is something weird with the Arya SE soundstage. Its like a triangle where the base is in front and the point is behind you, so audio to L/R sort of tapers inward to the back of your head. And as I mentioned, vocals sound like they are above my eyes which is a really weird experience. They're definitely taller, but not as wide as XS.

Again, XS at $379....just wow. This should be everyone's entry into planars at this point IMO. And you can probably be done, so long as the fit agrees with your head.
I wouldn't know the details of how your units measure or differ for frequency response and distortion, whereby at least due to differing impedance and sensitivity, it would be a good idea to have a way to volume-match the comparison and do more quick comparisons. Differences in the headband adjustment for the cups' vertical positioning might have a small impact. I for one find the Arya Stealth and HE1000se to be very similar with no obvious advantages for one or the other minus the latter having a lighter clamping force, these impressions being validated by my measurements showing only some FR improvements (less peaks) and better driver matching on the HE1000se, the distortion measurements actually being similar (comparing the same channels for just one channel brought the wrong conclusion of improvement since it was actually the opposite channels between the headphones that had the same distortion profiles). Meanwhile, I happened to have a bad impression with the Edition XS unit that I had auditioned along with the Arya Stealth and others per its having somehow immediately sounded off and exhibiting wonky imaging. Otherwise, fair that small factors or differences could influence the subjective preference of one over the other despite the headphones' reputations. I personally would only prefer the HE1000se for comfort and build.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #11,516 of 11,945
I have just got a pristine used Arya stealth v3 & very impressed. Hd800s with bass?

Anyway, tried them with various setups & pleasantly surprised with all combinations. I used a mojo2 as dac to feed the little dot mk4 & very surprised that they sound great with the tubes! In contrast, my lcdx sound terrible with the same set up.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #11,517 of 11,945
I have just got a pristine used Arya stealth v3 & very impressed. Hd800s with bass?

Anyway, tried them with various setups & pleasantly surprised with all combinations. I used a mojo2 as dac to feed the little dot mk4 & very surprised that they sound great with the tubes! In contrast, my lcdx sound terrible with the same set up.
I run my arya stealth on my woo wa7 fireflies 3rd gen dac/amp to darkvoice & its great.
People say planars don't sound good on darkvoice but I disagree. Maybe its the 250v power we have over here.

Jan 18, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #11,519 of 11,945
I run my arya stealth on my woo wa7 fireflies 3rd gen dac/amp to darkvoice & its great.
People say planars don't sound good on darkvoice but I disagree. Maybe its the 250v power we have over here.
I wasn't expecting great things given how poor the lcdx is via my mojo2>little dot.

Just goes to show.

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #11,520 of 11,945

Users who are viewing this thread

• FC35
Back