HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #11,330 of 11,883
These are high on my list but I’ve had the V2 and He1000 stealths already (sold both since) so I wonder if I will be disappointed trying these. They sound like the perfect mix to me from reviews

Dec 11, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #11,331 of 11,883
After listening to the Stealth version a year ago they have been on my wish list, and after noticing that they have dropped in price a lot lately I took the plunge and ordered them today, $899 for Arya SE has to be one of the best headphones deals of the year.
I also caved in, lol. Will be interesting to see both of our impressions on them- I believe we have a similar Hifiman path with Sundara, Edition XS, Ananda SE and now Arya SE.

I am DONE DONE after this. I really want this to be my last headphone purchase- its the last headphone that I'm truly curious about. I've tried pretty much every other headphone I was interested in to this point. Hoping it will bring an end to this madness lol.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #11,332 of 11,883
I am DONE DONE after this. I really want this to be my last headphone purchase- its the last headphone that I'm truly curious about. I've tried pretty much every other headphone I was interested in to this point. Hoping it will bring an end to this madness lol.

That’s what we ALL say.. hahaha

Next it’ll be HE1000‘s of some sort, then you’ll want to step up into the Susvara. Maybe try the Shangri La Jr, then Senior… lol

I’ll tell you, I was so happy with the Arya v3 that It made me wonder, “how much better will the Susvara be…”

Oops… :darthsmile:

Dec 11, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #11,333 of 11,883
I also caved in, lol. Will be interesting to see both of our impressions on them- I believe we have a similar Hifiman path with Sundara, Edition XS, Ananda SE and now Arya SE.

Good luck with that! :grin:

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #11,334 of 11,883

I started with that anada stealth & ananda bt then the arya stealth then he1000v2 & now I'm thinking edition xs just incase i missed something. Lol
I don't resell my headphones im a harder.

Dec 11, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #11,336 of 11,883

Haha, now that is really famous last words. I said the same after getting the Arya Stealth about fourteen months ago, especially since I'm retired on a moderate fixed income so affording an upgrade or reasonable sidegrade to a $1000 plus headphone isn't easy. But ... since I saved for some months to upgrade the rest of my setup this fall to the Denafrips Ares 12th-1 in September and just got the Aune S17 Pro a few weeks (which is really a huge upgrade at its price), I'm think they deserve a new set of cans. My initial target was the Audeze LCD-X ($1200), which would be a bassier and more impactful complement to the Arya. But since I became aware that I seem to be eligible for a NJ renter's rebate of $700 (I applied online this weekend), I'm thinking of the new $2000 HEDDPhone Two, which looks vey interesting, With the $700 rebate, I might be able to swing it by April or May

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #11,337 of 11,883
After listening to the Stealth version a year ago they have been on my wish list, and after noticing that they have dropped in price a lot lately I took the plunge and ordered them today, $899 for Arya SE has to be one of the best headphones deals of the year.
Same for me, heard Arya Stealth and bought it immediately 18 months back and over these days, I tried many other headphones and few of them were better, but I didnt feel like investing another 1500$ for slight upgrades from the Arya SE. Instead, I got a mojo 2 and with its good EQ, any differences with the newer version headphones can be slightly negated. Arya SE has been my end game and will try not to upgrade until it stops working or breaks.

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #11,338 of 11,883
Here are my preliminary measurements showing what objective performance gains the HE1000se gets you over the Arya Stealth: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he1000-se.886228/post-17863219 (post #4,787). Basically, you get less peaks, less sub-bass at least with these fresh pads, and around 5 dB less distortion. As for subjective impressions, with volume-matched A/Bing, I cannot discern any worthwhile advantage other than looks and a lighter clamp force.

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #11,339 of 11,883
Here are my preliminary measurements showing what objective performance gains the HE1000se gets you over the Arya Stealth: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he1000-se.886228/post-17863219 (post #4,787). Basically, you get less peaks, less sub-bass at least with these fresh pads, and around 5 dB less distortion. As for subjective impressions, with volume-matched A/Bing, I cannot discern any worthwhile advantage other than looks and a lighter clamp force.

This is why when my Arya v2 broke I went with paying $690 for an Arya Organic rather than going full price on an HE1000se. I figured there might not be much difference, especially since I run Equalizer APO

Dec 12, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #11,340 of 11,883
I know we all perceive sound differently but I’m quite surprised to hear those impressions after an A/B comparison. There could possibly be some unit variation going on or maybe just differences between our source/signal chains.

I currently own the Arya SE and previously owned the HE1000se for a few years. I didn’t own them both at the same time but there is absolutely a difference between the two in my opinion.

To me, resolution, separation, and positioning are all cranked up to 11 on the HE1000se. Impact is really good as well. The Arya SE sounds like a “baby” HEKse to my ear which might be what HiFiMan was going for. The Arya SE is very detailed in its own right but not nearly as resolving as the HE1000se IMO. This may be preferred by some because the detail retrieval on the HE1000se can actually be too much at times haha.

I’m actually going to upgrade from the Arya SE to the HEKse in the near future. I miss all that detail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back