HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #11,281 of 11,868
Soooo… I finally fell victim to HiFiMan quality issues. I’ve never been a fan of the cheap construction quality of their products but I just accepted it because I’m a fan of the sound.

The adjustment mechanism started getting loose and began rattling more than normal on one side. I reached to HiFiMan to get a replacement and they told me they don’t sell replacement headbands for the Arya SE. I get that they’ve moved on the Organic but the SE is not an old product.

I was actually thinking to buy the HE1000SE again. I couldn’t imagine having something fail on that headphone and just being told sorry.

I believe I may be done with the brand for good.

Message me if you have a headband for sale haha.
They seem to only sell the headband for USA and Canada...

https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/the-newly-enhanced-comfort-headband.html

maybe not, but it certainly looks like the Arya type....

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #11,283 of 11,868
Soooo… I finally fell victim to HiFiMan quality issues. I’ve never been a fan of the cheap construction quality of their products but I just accepted it because I’m a fan of the sound.

The adjustment mechanism started getting loose and began rattling more than normal on one side. I reached to HiFiMan to get a replacement and they told me they don’t sell replacement headbands for the Arya SE. I get that they’ve moved on the Organic but the SE is not an old product.

I was actually thinking to buy the HE1000SE again. I couldn’t imagine having something fail on that headphone and just being told sorry.

I believe I may be done with the brand for good.

Message me if you have a headband for sale haha.
It's not about moving to the Organic. They just don't do repairs or send parts (outside of whats available on their website) i think.

You can just get a replacement unit and pay the difference instead of buying headband. OR better, you upgrade to HEKSE. Just tell them your situation and ask for a Hekse upgrade price.

Dec 1, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #11,284 of 11,868
It's not about moving to the Organic. They just don't do repairs or send parts (outside of whats available on their website) i think.
Not in my case. i asked for a replacement headstrap for my Anandas to support guys and they sold me one that was sent from China.

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #11,285 of 11,868
Dec 1, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #11,286 of 11,868

You can just get a replacement unit and pay the difference instead of buying headband. OR better, you upgrade to HEKSE. Just tell them your situation and ask for a Hekse upgrade price.
Hmmm… I might have to consider that. Not ideal but if they’re willing to give me a trade-in price HEKse, that might be the best possible outcome.

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #11,287 of 11,868
Do you think Arya Stealth to Arya Organic upgrade for only 350$ + shippings are worth over refunding it and getting HE1000 Stealth instead for 450$ difference? I liked HE1000 Stealth kind of but i'm not liking Arya Stealth because it's worse, not sure if i'll be Happy with Organic since with i read mostly that HE1000 Stealth Is Better with Better soundstage, more 3d and sound separation, and so...

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #11,288 of 11,868
Do you think Arya Stealth to Arya Organic upgrade for only 350$ + shippings are worth over refunding it and getting HE1000 Stealth instead for 450$ difference? I liked HE1000 Stealth kind of but i'm not liking Arya Stealth because it's worse, not sure if i'll be Happy with Organic since with i read mostly that HE1000 Stealth Is Better with Better soundstage, more 3d and sound separation, and so...
I have the Arya Stealth, and demoed the Arya Organic, HE1000V2, and HE1000SE. Each was an incremental step above the previous version. I'm planning to upgrade to the HE1000V2, it was the best “bang for the buck” of the three I demoed - I'd say it is 95-98% the HE1000SE at just over 2/3 the price.

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #11,289 of 11,868
I have the Arya Stealth, and demoed the Arya Organic, HE1000V2, and HE1000SE. Each was an incremental step above the previous version. I'm planning to upgrade to the HE1000V2, it was the best “bang for the buck” of the three I demoed - I'd say it is 95-98% the HE1000SE at just over 2/3 the price.
Yes, i see. Thank you.
But also there Is this strange decision to do between HE1000v2 and HE1000 Stealth, mhhh

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #11,291 of 11,868
I just received the Arya v2 and I noticed that the thickest part of the pads faces front, are they mounted backwards?
Hmmm... on mine it is the opposite: Thickest part in the back....

Dec 3, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #11,295 of 11,868
Debating whether it's worth going from edition xs to Arya Stealth. Anyone have experience with both?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back