HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #11,041 of 11,884
Thanks for the initial impressions! Does your HEK still need burn-in? I imagine it does.

To me it looks like Hifiman has essentially trickled the performance of the HEK series to the Arya series, hence the similar pricing. The extra $100 goes towards the build materials. I'm curious to see how the next gen HEK series will perform!
Yes I need burning, Its first day.

I have to say that I am really liking them, the timbre is really very good, the voices and instruments sound with superior naturalness, I am very happy with the timbre, the detail and the great speed that it has, I am really liking it.

In the bass they are really very good for electronic/rock, they even have very good punch, but I still think that in the mid-bass and sub-bass Organic has more details, perhaps HEKS has more punch but less information perceived in these frequencies.

For now I'm leaning towards HEKS, the timbre/vocals have won me over and if this even improves with the burning I can't complain.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #11,042 of 11,884
Received Organic today and lo and behold, there's a channel imbalance at 3khz on this pair too... I'm starting to think Hifiman stopped giving a f and doesn't bother matching their egg shaped drivers anymore. Maybe that's where the corners are being cut with their recent price drops lol.

First glance impressions : They're kinda like a clearer, brighter V2 with more bass. They have that improved sense of clarity that the V3 brought over the V2, but now with an added treble shelf and a lot more air than either V2 or V3, which puts them right at the cusp of what I can handle. I have em' plugged into the slightly warmer SE output of my Jot 2, and dare not try them with the balanced output. Gonna have to play around a bit with source gear with this one and or EQ I think. The added air makes em' sound wider than V3, quite a bit actually.

Clamping force is way less on this than either V2 or V3 too which was surprising, but welcome.

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #11,043 of 11,884
Received Organic today and lo and behold, there's a channel imbalance at 3khz on this pair too... I'm starting to think Hifiman stopped giving a f and doesn't bother matching their egg shaped drivers anymore. Maybe that's where the corners are being cut with their recent price drops lol.

First glance impressions : They're kinda like a clearer, brighter V2 with more bass. They have that improved sense of clarity that the V3 brought over the V2, but now with an added treble shelf and a lot more air than either V2 or V3, which puts them right at the cusp of what I can handle. I have em' plugged into the slightly warmer SE output of my Jot 2, and dare not try them with the balanced output. Gonna have to play around a bit with source gear with this one and or EQ I think. The added air makes em' sound wider than V3, quite a bit actually.

Clamping force is way less on this than either V2 or V3 too which was surprising, but welcome.
What's your volume knob at?

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #11,044 of 11,884
Hey I’m new to this sub and I recently bought the organic after A/B this can with the HEKs for several hours. I preferred the bass and subbass for my music taste and went for the lower resistance (for PS5 Controller use).

After some weeks now, I find the HP a bit to bright. Long listening sessions can be fatiguing, but it depends on the day.
I used the IEmatch on my Ifi Go bar and I think it helped with the brightness, on the same volume levels.
Are the other ways to decrease the brightness? Copper cable or other AMP/DAC?
Do you have other recommendations?

Sep 22, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #11,045 of 11,884
Hey I’m new to this sub and I recently bought the organic after A/B this can with the HEKs for several hours. I preferred the bass and subbass for my music taste and went for the lower resistance (for PS5 Controller use).

After some weeks now, I find the HP a bit to bright. Long listening sessions can be fatiguing, but it depends on the day.
I used the IEmatch on my Ifi Go bar and I think it helped with the brightness, on the same volume levels.
Yes Organic is more brightness that my HEKS, you can EQ downshift 6/7/8Khz -1.5 / -2

@kamikazeing I had to return mine because a channel became unbalanced drivers.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #11,046 of 11,884
What dac/amps are you guys running to your Aryas?

I am running them from the balanced output of a V850/V280 stack using a stock Focal XLR cable.

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #11,049 of 11,884
Indeed HEKs has more punch in the bass than organic but it has less mid bass and sub bass, so it translates into less information perceived in these frequencies but with a more general impact, but it is easy to EQ to look more like Organic

If you want to recover the punch you can cancel 165Hz, but it will also mask the mid/sub bass more

First EQ test
image[1].png

Bass Boost

image[1].png

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #11,050 of 11,884
Did they send you a brand new pair in return? I'm afraid they'll just send me an Open Box back if I do return them. They've done it before...
They let me exchange it for a new one but I paid the difference and went for heks, I have 30 days to return it and go back to organic if I'm not satisfied, but for now I like them I think I'll stick with heks.

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #11,051 of 11,884

Try getting a new pair of pads from ZMF

Sep 22, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #11,053 of 11,884

Have you tried the Dekoni fenestrated pads? Super comfortable and definitely decreases the brightness.

Sep 22, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #11,054 of 11,884
I had it at 10 o clock on high gain, which was waaay more than the organics needed so I was adjusting the volume further digitally on my player.
Have you tried switching the cable around, R > L and L > R to see if you still hear imbalance, if so it's not the headphones and is further up the chain. Also you should be fine to set to normal (vs high gain), and put your player to max or higher than it is.

Sep 22, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #11,055 of 11,884
Have you tried switching the cable around, R > L and L > R to see if you still hear imbalance, if so it's not the headphones and is further up the chain. Also you should be fine to set to normal (vs high gain), and put your player to max or higher than it is.
I'll give it a go with different cables/equipment later today and see. I suspect it's the headphones themselves however. I put them on backwards to rule out my hearing being the problem and the same driver was still louder at 3khz. The result is that vocals are noticeably panned to the left at all times. The pair I had before this which also had an imbalance had it at 5khz instead of 3khz, which tells me its just down to poor driver matching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back