HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #10,697 of 11,915
I noticed that you’re selling the Organic as well as the HE1000V3 Stealth.

I’m assuming you found both of them too bright?
The plan is to keep one as a plug and play unit to EQ, but truthfully, I have a Susvara so neither are really necessary in the collection.

We shall see!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 22, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #10,698 of 11,915
That's interesting, I want to buy a stealth or organic, but the synthetic pads and headband are not something I like, so I can consider making a pair of real leather pads, and maybe also a real leather headband, as those seem easy to take off and replace.

Aug 22, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #10,699 of 11,915
That's interesting, I want to buy a stealth or organic, but the synthetic pads and headband are not something I like, so I can consider making a pair of real leather pads, and maybe also a real leather headband, as those seem easy to take off and replace.
It will change the sound, so make sure you get familiar before messing with it :wink:

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #10,701 of 11,915
Those are exactly the pads I have on my Arya Stealths. The difference sounds to me exactly like Dekoni's graph suggests, with just a slight downward tilt compared to the stock pads, which I think is an improvement. I know some of their lower-priced pads use synthetic substitute materials, but I'm under the impression that those are actually sheepskin.

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #10,702 of 11,915
Those are exactly the pads I have on my Arya Stealths. The difference sounds to me exactly like Dekoni's graph suggests, with just a slight downward tilt compared to the stock pads, which I think is an improvement. I know some of their lower-priced pads use synthetic substitute materials, but I'm under the impression that those are actually sheepskin.
So you mean that you tame down the "highs" (to an acceptable level) correct?

Aug 23, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #10,704 of 11,915
For me, yeah. I wouldn't presume to say it'll be the same for everyone. It's not by much and sounds like about 1 dB.
You have really good ears! 1 db is pretty much not an audible difference in most cases. At least for me, I need to start at around the 2 db mark to hear a meaningful change in what I am after to achieve at almost any given frequency.

Check out the video from RME about linearizing headphones, specially at 7:33 even though they mention a narrow notch and not a shelf, in my experience the change is too small either way 😅

Sometimes when I have applied 1 db in the past and I felt better about myself for changing the frequency that I wanted but I wouldn’t do a blind test to see if I can actually hear that 1 db difference. Also, I wouldn’t give away listening to the pure quality of the audio not using EQ if my change would be only 1 db :)

Aug 23, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #10,707 of 11,915
I’ve owned

Arya v2 (Twice)
Arya Stealth (Twice)
Organic Currently
he1000 v2 OG (Twice)
Auditioned he1000se OG at Moon audio for a good while.
Auditioned Susvar at Moon audio for a good while.

V2 is one of my favorite headphones of all time but not because it was “correct’. That thing could place a guitar pluck in a room behind you with the door shut hahaha. The stage was absurd at times but it was SO insane that I loved it.

Stealth took the stage in the opposite direction and never opened up for me.

Organic is easily the best Ayra imo. The low end has changed the game big time. It’s got some serious balls this time around. Stage is huge but pretty accurate. This headphone sounds unbelievably good out of the AK SE300. It’s also wonderful out of the ef600.

He1000se OG wasn’t too my taste. Detail was overwhelming.

Susvara is the best headphone I’ve ever heard. I dont have one to AB with Organic but I’m not sure anything wipes the floor with anything Susvara related. Other than efficiency.

The treble IS very well extended on Organic and it’s definitely a bright headphone. The bass tuning makes it all the more dynamic. I absolutely love it.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 0
Aug 23, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #10,709 of 11,915
HE1000se is the most unnatural headphone I have ever heard personally. Couldn't stand it!
Well, it is one of my very favorites, easily the best to my ears after the Susvara among the Hifiman offerings I know, so go figure! I listen to a lot of jazz, classical, acoustic and selected forms of world music and the Hekse is great at giving me magnificently deep, wide, spaciously airy and richly detailed peeks into the music, and that at least partly explains my fondness for this can. I've owned it twice, and I do not see myself letting go of it this time around.

I am just offering another data point and marveling, as I read the forum and type this post, at some of the hard to fathom mysteries that determine our preferences and tastes.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #10,710 of 11,915
HE1000se is the most unnatural headphone I have ever heard personally. Couldn't stand it!
Wow. Surprised. Complete opposite here. They are quite amazing with details, dynamics and staging.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back