HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #10,171 of 11,945
So it seems Hifiman delayed the release date for the Arya Organic until like next Thursday? Or is that just an issue of limited stock. Either way, I'm sad to have to wait longer. :sob:
I ordered the Arya Organic on the first day it was announced and it shipped when they said it would, last Friday 6-2-23. UPS say's it's arriving here on the west coast on Friday 6-9-23. I just checked the Hifiman store, and it's listed as "In Stock", so I assume it's ready to ship.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #10,172 of 11,945
I ordered the Arya Organic on the first day it was announced and it shipped when they said it would, last Friday 6-2-23. UPS say's it's arriving here on the west coast on Friday 6-9-23. I just checked the Hifiman store, and it's listed as "In Stock", so I assume it's ready to ship.
Thank you so much Derek for the info. I'm in the east coast, so here's hoping for a date soon after 6-9-23. I'm eagerly awaiting my Organic's as I'm sure you are too.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #10,173 of 11,945
Thank you so much Derek for the info. I'm in the east coast, so here's hoping for a date soon after 6-9-23. I'm eagerly awaiting my Organic's as I'm sure you are too.
Yes, the waiting is always the hard part. Fortunately, I've got other excellent headphones to keep me happy, but I have missed that Hifiman signature sound and imaging so I am definitely looking forward to hearing this newest tuning of the excellent Arya series. Of course I'll post some quick first impressions, but nothing serious until they've had a chance to burn-in properly for at least a few days.

Jun 7, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #10,174 of 11,945
Yes, the waiting is always the hard part. Fortunately, I've got other excellent headphones to keep me happy, but I have missed that Hifiman signature sound and imaging so I am definitely looking forward to hearing this newest tuning of the excellent Arya series. Of course I'll post some quick first impressions, but nothing serious until they've had a chance to burn-in properly for at least a few days.
We are waiting while you are waiting ArOr.)
And this is good. It is better to wait for something good, or in the hope that it will be good.

Jun 8, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #10,175 of 11,945
@dunpeal
I was in the same boat and had arya stealth and hd800s...sell the stealths. Hd800s are very scalable but it wont match the bass of the arya. Try out the zmf atrium closed. I find these compliment the HD800s without sacrificing too much soundstage and adding more punch/bass and a lot more fun depending on genre. HD800S come out when I'm feeling Jazz or Orchestral type relaxation (Hans Zimmer type crap). And if you haven't, try these out on tubes. I can't say enough about tubes. Previously paired them with A90D and its just no comparison. A90D is staying around because it's "good enough" if I don't want to turn on tube amp.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #10,176 of 11,945
@dunpeal
I was in the same boat and had arya stealth and hd800s...sell the stealths. Hd800s are very scalable but it wont match the bass of the arya. Try out the zmf atrium closed. I find these compliment the HD800s without sacrificing soundstage and adding more punch/bass and a lot more fun depending on genre. HD800S come out when I'm feeling Jazz or Orchestral type relaxation (Hans Zimmer type crap). And if you haven't, try these out on tubes. I can't say enough about tubes. Previously paired them with A90D and its just no comparison. A90D is staying around because it's "good enough" if I don't want to turn on tube amp.
What tube amp do you recommend

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #10,177 of 11,945
What tube amp do you recommend
I only have experience with two...xDuoo TA-20 (for sale btw) uses two 12au7 tubes and its a balanced hybrid tube amp. I'd say its a great entry but I'd go OTL tube and not hybrid for the same price. My second is Cayin HA-6A. I skipped all the bs and went straight to this versatile tube amp and once you figure how to get it silent (most tube amp will have noise) its TOTL experience that can drive all headphones IEM's out there. Yes, the A90D can drive the same headphones but at same volume the difference in the music will make you understand the difference in price. A90D measures a lot better I'm sure, but thats why I don't always go by measurements. The Cayin HA-6A is in the same category as Feliks Audio Euforia and WooAudio WA22 both great tube amps. Also DAC, power, and cables matter! But you'll have to find what works with your stuff because it can sound different on different systems.

Jun 9, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #10,179 of 11,945
Yet another refresh from hifiman

What is the difference between the stealth?
16 Ohm, woodcup elements, other grill-color(?), 10g more in weight.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #10,180 of 11,945
Box.jpg

Inside-Box.jpg

Organic-Headphones-on-bed.jpg

Cable.jpg

Initial impressions right out of the box were quite favorable, but after only 2 hours of assorted music/pink noise I can hear a vast improvement. I think the telling sign at this point is that I don't want to take them off, and this is listening to Metallica which I'm not necessarily a fan of (I mostly listen to jazz and classical, but I play bass in a rock band).

Now Smashing Pumpkins are playing (Bullet With Butterfly Wings), tom drums sound full and punchy, bass is perfect, very full sound, very much in my head, not super wide, but wide enough. All instruments sound good. Vocals are full. Bass is very present, but not boomy, perfect. Dang, turn it up : )

More Metallica (Enter Sandman). Very full. Very clear. Punchy. Kick drum front and center. A real head banger song it really does sound good.

Ok, enough of that..... I need some jazz..........wait, Peal Jam (Even Flow), again, very full. Vocals and guitars are perfect. Drums cut through, and the bass is perfectly balanced where it needs to be (I play bass). Good texture on the bass guitar. Everything is balanced really well. The top end is clear and present and distinct, but never hot. It doesn't hurt to have it loud.

Ok, here's some Samara Joy (Can't get out of this Mood). Again, nice balance, man, the stand up bass is so sweet, the texture is spot on, vocal is full, drums are sparkly with nice cymbal splashes and piano is full and clear. Perfect. Here's Laufey (Falling Behind). Again, the bass is incredibly full and deep, but not boomy, just full. Vocal is spot on, centered and the perfect level and tonality. What a pleasure to listen to.

Well, that's enough for now..... I think you get the idea...... it's been a bit over 2 hours since I unboxed these and so far they sound amazing. I haven't heard any sibilance in the vocals, and yet the highs are all there, clear, clean and sparkly, and the bass..... oh baby, the bass..... man oh man, the bass, seriously. I can't wait to try Flight of the Hippo.

By the way, this is all just listening to Amazon Music HD on my 2011 Mac Mini going into my Focusrite Scarlett 18i0i20 audio interface, which has two headphone outputs.
Oh, the soundstage...... it's very song dependent, but at this point, it's reasonably wide, but not the super wide I heard with the HEK1000v2. I'm not getting a lot of depth front or back right now, mostly on a plane going through my head, but I will say this, all the instruments are easy to pick out and are solidly placed and very distinct on that plane.

I'll report back Sunday night with an update.

Jun 9, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #10,181 of 11,945
Box.jpg
Inside-Box.jpg
Organic-Headphones-on-bed.jpg
Cable.jpg

Initial impressions right out of the box were quite favorable, but after only 2 hours of assorted music/pink noise I can hear a vast improvement. I think the telling sign at this point is that I don't want to take them off, and this is listening to Metallica which I'm not necessarily a fan of (I mostly listen to jazz and classical, but I play bass in a rock band).

Now Smashing Pumpkins are playing (Bullet With Butterfly Wings), tom drums sound full and punchy, bass is perfect, very full sound, very much in my head, not super wide, but wide enough. All instruments sound good. Vocals are full. Bass is very present, but not boomy, perfect. Dang, turn it up : )

More Metallica (Enter Sandman). Very full. Very clear. Punchy. Kick drum front and center. A real head banger song it really does sound good.

Ok, enough of that..... I need some jazz..........wait, Peal Jam (Even Flow), again, very full. Vocals and guitars are perfect. Drums cut through, and the bass is perfectly balanced where it needs to be (I play bass). Good texture on the bass guitar. Everything is balanced really well. The top end is clear and present and distinct, but never hot. It doesn't hurt to have it loud.

Ok, here's some Samara Joy (Can't get out of this Mood). Again, nice balance, man, the stand up bass is so sweet, the texture is spot on, vocal is full, drums are sparkly with nice cymbal splashes and piano is full and clear. Perfect. Here's Laufey (Falling Behind). Again, the bass is incredibly full and deep, but not boomy, just full. Vocal is spot on, centered and the perfect level and tonality. What a pleasure to listen to.

Well, that's enough for now..... I think you get the idea...... it's been a bit over 2 hours since I unboxed these and so far they sound amazing. I haven't heard any sibilance in the vocals, and yet the highs are all there, clear, clean and sparkly, and the bass..... oh baby, the bass..... man oh man, the bass, seriously. I can't wait to try Flight of the Hippo.

By the way, this is all just listening to Amazon Music HD on my 2011 Mac Mini going into my Focusrite Scarlett 18i0i20 audio interface, which has two headphone outputs.
Oh, the soundstage...... it's very song dependent, but at this point, it's reasonably wide, but not the super wide I heard with the HEK1000v2. I'm not getting a lot of depth front or back right now, mostly on a plane going through my head, but I will say this, all the instruments are easy to pick out and are solidly placed and very distinct on that plane.

I'll report back Sunday night with an update.
Nice impressions! When you cant take em off; its definitely doing something right.

A fan of Bela Fleck? That's an amazing album. Wooten is a monster.

Jun 9, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #10,185 of 11,945
Very cool of you! Let's just try a classic...

Any impressions appreciated; thank you!

Hmmmmmm......... I'm listening to it on Amazon HD now (I also listened to your included version). Cymbals sound phased. Bass is definitely full and deep, but I'm not getting what I'd call sub-bass rumble. As the layers add on, it stays full and deep, and the kick drum is certainly present....... and the bass is rumbling..... but I'm not hearing/feeling stuff down below 20 hz or so. I mean, it produces the bass on there very effortlessly, but I'm not feeling sub bass. I like electronic music too (I play many hardware and software synths). Let me play around and see what I can hear with these : )

EDIT: Just checked the Arya Organics with a tone generator, and not sure if it was the limit of the headphones or my hearing, but they do extremely well down to 26 hz, and I can still feel the pulses at 23 hz, pretty much over by 20 hz. That's about the same that I get with m Audeze LCD-4.

The Organics also have no issues playing Flight of the Cosmic Hippo, and with those ultra low bass notes at a good volume as well. Quite lovely. Just now listening to "Milkyway" by Curbi, and the Organic capture the dynamics quite well, with lows and highs in good balance.

Oh, and since I'm comparing the Organics to my LCD-4, while the LCD-4 is heavier, the pads on the LCD-4 are just so soft and luxurious, while the pads on the Organic are "ok". Fit and finish on the Organics is fine, no issues, and the clamping force is perfect, not to much, but just enough to stay perfectly in place when you start to bop with the music. Ok, I'm outa here. I'm working all day tomorrow, see you'all Sunday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back