HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #10,141 of 11,943
please dont tell me its just appearance?
I heard the Arya Organic yesterday. A/B-ing vs Arya Stealth, it has more noteweight due to slight midbass bump, more perceived stage depth due to slightly more recessed mid.
the note transient was "softer/more polite"

tonal difference is not subtle that i can tell which is which through blind A/B/X

in terms of detail/layering though, i dont think there is a noticeable upgrade/downgrade

specific for my preference, the recessed mid of the organic make the lower treble peak more accentuated (dealbreaker, my ears can't handle it)

thus i find stealth more comfortable in the long run due to more even midrange

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #10,142 of 11,943
Hy guys... today I have an audition side by side my Arya stealth with the new Organic..
We have a headphone exhibition here in Athens Greece....
To my ears the Organic have a better sound... more bass without loose the definition and details... more meat to the middle frequencies and smooth highs without loose anything from the stealth..
Well done Hifiman you did it 👏 👍
Generally I believe this is the best Arya's.. I v ever heard...!!!
I m already place my order and sell the stealths.
Aslo I believe that the earcups is real wood..
Very beautiful color matching..!!
Here is a picture.
And how do you like the sound of the Himalaya EF600 with the Arya Organic, as compared to other Amp/DACs you know?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #10,143 of 11,943
I heard the Arya Organic yesterday. A/B-ing vs Arya Stealth, it has more noteweight due to slight midbass bump, more perceived stage depth due to slightly more recessed mid.
the note transient was "softer/more polite"

tonal difference is not subtle that i can tell which is which through blind A/B/X

in terms of detail/layering though, i dont think there is a noticeable upgrade/downgrade

specific for my preference, the recessed mid of the organic make the lower treble peak more accentuated (dealbreaker, my ears can't handle it)

thus i find stealth more comfortable in the long run due to more even midrange

The treble peak is worse? That's an unexpected twist!

Jun 4, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #10,144 of 11,943
The treble peak is worse? That's an unexpected twist!
it's worse to my ears. note that stealth and organic have similar treble energy in the mid treble and upper treble

it's the perceived lower treble that i cant stand, and that's because of recessed midrange rather than more treble

Next week i plan to A/B HEK Stealth vs OG HEK v2, i will also try to revisit the Arya Organic again to see if the peak gone after more burn in

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #10,145 of 11,943
I loved my Arya Stealth, but I just traded it up for the He1000se in order to stop trying to convince myself that the Arya Stealth is an He1000se lite, because I know it isn't, having owned and loved the He1000se before.

Yes, once upon a time, I owned the He 1000se, but offered to trade it up to Hifiman in exchange for a Susvara, and they offered me a trade-up deal I couldn't resist. The Susvara is still here and waxing strong as ever, but I never stopped missing the He1000se, which I was very fond of as well. So, once upon another time, got the Arya Stealth as a way of getting back some of the flavor of the He1000se. The Arya Stealth has been a champ all the way and has a lot of great "virtues" that deserve to be appreciated in their own right, and on their own merits for what they can deliver, rather than being made to serve as "wannabe" imitations of another model that is deemed to be superior. Likewise, the HeKse deserves to be enjoyed and respected directly for its own qualities, as opposed to being sought in another headphone serving as its own pale imitation. That is why I have decided to trade up the Arya SE.

Now don't get me started on the OG He6 or the He1000.

Big thanks to Hifiman Customer Service for making all these transactions possible and so easy. I wish the makers of my Amps and DACs were as flexible and congenial to deal with.

Take note @TeamHiFiMAN :)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #10,146 of 11,943
Arya V2 has a permanent place in my collection. I recently acquired HEKSE as well. But Arya has such a good balance of overall technicalities, musicality, design, and comfort. I can't see myself letting them go.

The presentation is also slightly different. Arya is little more fun and forgiving. The impact is more immediate and immersive. HE1000 series is more vast, refined, detailed, precise. But the feeling is different and from afar.

If I want to listen for just pure enjoyment with good technicalities I reach for the Arya. If I want critical listening and enjoyment I reach for HEKSE.

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #10,148 of 11,943
I thought I was the only one but my Arya Stealth's do the same thing at times with center image being slightly to the right on some songs.
Mine too!

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #10,149 of 11,943
I loved my Arya Stealth, but I just traded it up for the He1000se in order to stop trying to convince myself that the Arya Stealth is an He1000se lite, because I know it isn't, having owned and loved the He1000se before.

Yes, once upon a time, I owned the He 1000se, but offered to trade it up to Hifiman in exchange for a Susvara, and they offered me a trade-up deal I couldn't resist. The Susvara is still here and waxing strong as ever, but I never stopped missing the He1000se, which I was very fond of as well. So, once upon another time, got the Arya Stealth as a way of getting back some of the flavor of the He1000se. The Arya Stealth has been a champ all the way and has a lot of great "virtues" that deserve to be appreciated in their own right, and on their own merits for what they can deliver, rather than being made to serve as "wannabe" imitations of another model that is deemed to be superior. Likewise, the HeKse deserves to be enjoyed and respected directly for its own qualities, as opposed to being sought in another headphone serving as its own pale imitation. That is why I have decided trade up the Arya SE.

Now don't get me started on the OG He6 or the He1000.

Big thanks to Hifiman Customer Service for making all these transactions possible and so easy. I wish the makers of my Amps and DACs were as flexible and congenial to deal with.

Take note @TeamHiFiMAN :)
I literally, as of today made the purchase to trade up my Arya Stealth's for the HE 1000v2's. It was a very smooth and easy experience. I definitely enjoyed my Stealth's and I'm looking forward to the HE 1000v2's.

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #10,150 of 11,943
Mine too!
I tried them with the few pieces of gear that I own but the problem would return on some songs. Here's something I noticed that I did that might help you. When you get that slight mismatch, adjust the left headphone a little, moving it up/down and back to front just a little and it sometimes makes that slightly off center image go away.

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #10,151 of 11,943
I tried them with the few pieces of gear that I own but the problem would return on some songs. Here's something I noticed that I did that might help you. When you get that slight mismatch, adjust the left headphone a little, moving it up/down and back to front just a little and it sometimes makes that slightly off center image go away.
now that I think of it I think thats what I did.

Jun 5, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #10,153 of 11,943
Did it help you in any way?
Yes it helped. I can recreate the problem by just twisting the alignment of the cups a little.

Jun 5, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #10,154 of 11,943
Yeah if you encounter off-center images, ALWAYS remember to try adjusting the fit. This is more evident on dynamics than planars in my experience, and generally I find the Arya and other egg-shaped HiFiMAN's to be more forgiving because of the sheer amount of open space inside, and that fact that planars for the most part move their entire diaphragm so they have a wide sweet spot. But it can and clearly DOES still happen, and some adjustments might be needed.

Jun 5, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #10,155 of 11,943
Currently I’m not looking for anything. For the first time in the hobby I no longer feel the need to “upgrade” or buy anything. I’m super happy with my collection.

I bought my ticket for CanJam SoCal to knock off a few more items on my list but unless something truly blows my mind there I won’t be making any more purchases for a while.

The search never really ends but the appetite for the next best thing quickly goes away when you’re happy with what you have.

Yes after that many you said you're winding it down. I'm asking what were you looking for sonically ? What did you end up liking eventually ? Imaging, closeness, vocals, sound stage, bass...etc ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back