HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #10,111 of 11,915
IMG_20230601_152112.jpg

I just received these $10 earpads from aliexpress for my Arya SE. The fit and comfort quite a bit better. I'm impressed. The ''quality'' seems better than stock pads.
Link?

Jun 3, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #10,112 of 11,915
I owned the HE1000V2 Stealth before I bought my current HE1000 V2. I absolutely hated the HEKV2 Stealth.

HiFiMan ruined a great headphone in my opinion. The HEKV2 Stealth has ALOT more treble energy in 12K. Really sibilant for me. They also eliminated the sound stage and ruined the midrange.

The HE1000 V2 is quite a bit warmer with much more natural timbre and a massive soundstage. I absolutely love them.

The Arya Stealth has a tad more treble emphasis but smaller stage and less warmth. I really like its tonality though and it’s tuned incredibly balanced especially for the price.

I think they are different enough in a collection to own both.
I wonder if you gave them enough burn in time for them to mellow out - as most HFM's more resolving models take a bit of time to do so (at least ~50 - 75hrs of either pink noise of bass-heavy music). Before that time they're nearly always too bright and too bass light - but that improves dramatically with sufficient time......

Jun 3, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #10,113 of 11,915
I wonder if you gave them enough burn in time for them to mellow out - as most HFM's more resolving models take a bit of time to do so (at least ~50 - 75hrs of either pink noise of bass-heavy music). Before that time they're nearly always too bright and too bass light - but that improves dramatically with sufficient time......
I ran them on an 80 hour burn-in cycle in 12 hour increments. Basically overnight while I was sleeping. Listening in between to see if there are any changes. To be honest I only heard a slight difference in the lower mids and bass. That treble peak especially at 12K where I’m the most sensitive never went away which is typical for HiFiMan Stealth models.

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #10,114 of 11,915
I've only read complaints about the upper treble range a couple of times with HiFiMAN gear. It's pretty rare when people have issues with it, but I think it has everything to do with an individual's HRTF eccentricities, in other words their particular earshape.

I've read complaints about the 7-8KHz sibilance range far more often.

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #10,115 of 11,915
I've only read complaints about the upper treble range a couple of times with HiFiMAN gear. It's pretty rare when people have issues with it, but I think it has everything to do with an individual's HRTF eccentricities, in other words their particular earshape.

Funny. I’ve heard almost the exact opposite with a lot of people not liking HiFiMan as a brand entirely because of their upper treble range.

I do agree that everyone has different ears and the ranges that some might sound sibilant differs from others. For example I can’t listen to the HD800S at all. It’s like knives in my ears but other people swear by them.

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #10,116 of 11,915

As a owner of "arya se" i can tell you that I love them..
But unfortunately i have some tinnitus after listening, and happen only with the arya and nothing else
So I finally decide to trade them to something more "safe"...

Arya organic is in the air..

Jun 3, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #10,117 of 11,915
As a owner of "arya se" i can tell you that I love them..
But unfortunately i have some tinnitus after listening, and happen only with the arya and nothing else
So I finally decide to trade them to something more "safe"...

Arya organic is in the air..
It is possible that ringing in the ears will not appear after listening quality DSD. Check it.

Jun 3, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #10,119 of 11,915
I had almost the same type of problem mentioned by 1ReVoX1 with my Arya (non-stealth): after listening to any CD or LP, my right eardrum was sore, although tinnitus didn't always occur.
Because this only happened when I was listening to the Arya, I decided to sell them. Now I listen (alternating them to three other headphones) to the Edition XS and I no longer feel pain; moreover, I find this one even more comfortable to wear.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #10,121 of 11,915
My Aryan stealth is broken. No sound from one side.
I would like to have it repaired or replaced, but the warranty period has expired. Only a few days.
It is really a pity. Isn't there "Additional Time" like football?
I gave up because no sound came out no matter what I tried, but now it plays a wonderful sound. Bad contact? I don't understand.

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #10,122 of 11,915
I gave up because no sound came out no matter what I tried, but now it plays a wonderful sound. Bad contact? I don't understand.

Bad cable? Switch the L/R ends of the cable around and see if the issue changes.

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #10,123 of 11,915
I ended up selling my Arya SE due to problems with a center image. It wasn't noticable with instrumental tracks, but with all vocals it sounded like the vocalist was coming split from the left and right, not center. There was always this big gap that I couldn't get to go away unless I used crossfeed, which would make the imaging and soundstage worse. Loved everything else about them though.

Jun 3, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #10,124 of 11,915
Bad cable? Switch the L/R ends of the cable around and see if the issue changes.
Thank you for reply.
I tried that of course. I am also trying another cable.
No problems with cables, headphone amps, etc. I think there is a problem with Arya.
Arya just got sound again, but no noise. The sound will not be choppy.
However, I am afraid that the sound will not come out again.

Jun 3, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #10,125 of 11,915
I ended up selling my Arya SE due to problems with a center image. It wasn't noticable with instrumental tracks, but with all vocals it sounded like the vocalist was coming split from the left and right, not center. There was always this big gap that I couldn't get to go away unless I used crossfeed, which would make the imaging and soundstage worse. Loved everything else about them though.
I get what you are saying.. there is a clear panning to the right on vocals at least for some recordings. Although in other recording vocals are on point.
Another thing that im listening is the overall holographic sound that the arya gives to vocals. Its something that for acoustics its brilliant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back