HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 30, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #10,083 of 11,883
May 31, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #10,084 of 11,883
Do keep us posted. I'm really interested in your impressions.....
So, the HE1000 Stealth came in early and I had some quality time with it:

Compared to the Arya Stealth, I found a pretty noticeable difference in the vocal delivery of high pitched male vocalist (like Thom Yorke) where there is less body and definitely more nuances and details. One song in particular is Pyramid song from Radiohead, where the trumpets are way more defined in the space with the HE1000, and Thom's voice has more details.
The bass is also different: I would say it might slam more, it's tighter and faster, but maybe slightly less in quantity. It's more focus and less diffuse.
The stage feels bigger, the imaging is incredible.

I will post more as I'm able to put more time with the HE1000 (on its topic), but all in all I feel like they are pretty similar in the tonal balance they give you, they way they present the instruments and the feeling of "out of your head" is similar.

The HE1000 Stealth feels like an upgrade in almost every aspect.

P.S. Not sure if it was just a bad day, but the HE1000 felt fatiguing on my FiiO K9 pro. On the EF400 + G111 Mk2 it was fine.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #10,086 of 11,883
I had the Arya Stealth, which I really enjoyed it, but ended up selling it, mainly because, as a bass player, I found it a bit lacking in the amount of bass. The quality of bass was excellent, with great texture and going extremely deep, but even with EQ I just couldn't get quite enough bass presence. I also found the the vocals a bit hollow and the top end just a bit too bright for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Arya Stealth overall, but just wanted a slightly different tuning, and since Hifiman was having a sale on the HE 1000 v2, I decided to try it.

After burning-in the HE 1000 v2 for 80 hours, I began testing it, and wow, the mids and highs were perfect for me, and the sound stage was indeed very wide with pin point placement of instruments. The timbre was amazingly accurate. I've played in symphony orchestras, and they nailed the sound of all the instruments. So, what about the bass...... well, it was definitely more present, giving a nice lush foundation for the music, but, it simply didn't have the definition that I'd heard on the Arya Steath. All the bass parts sounded the same, good, but with no real textural differences.

Maybe it needed a bit more burn-in time, I don't know. I really loved everything else about the sound of the HE 100 v2, and it was a difficult decision, but I ended up returning it to Hifiman. Others may have had different experiences, but that's mine. I'm hoping the new Arya Organic will have the slightly different tuning I'm after, with a bit more bass, but with the same excellent texture I heard from the Arya Stealth, and with a slightly fuller midrange and ever so slightly less bright top end.
Thank you for that review. Very informative for me.

Jun 2, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #10,087 of 11,883
I've been tempted by the Arya Stealth, as it certainly offers a nice upgrade to my Edition XS. But, I really love the XS and don't feel like I'm missing much when I'm listening to them, so I haven't really been in a big hurry to pull the trigger.

In the end, I'm glad I didn't, as I would like to see if I prefer the sound signature of the new Organic over the Stealth. I definitely prefer the looks of the Organic so if it sounds as good or better in my setup, then I'll probably go for it.

Anyone seen any reviews yet?

Jun 2, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #10,088 of 11,883
I've been tempted by the Arya Stealth, as it certainly offers a nice upgrade to my Edition XS. But, I really love the XS and don't feel like I'm missing much when I'm listening to them, so I haven't really been in a big hurry to pull the trigger.

In the end, I'm glad I didn't, as I would like to see if I prefer the sound signature of the new Organic over the Stealth. I definitely prefer the looks of the Organic so if it sounds as good or better in my setup, then I'll probably go for it.

Anyone seen any reviews yet?
Diminishing returns for sure for anything from the pricepoint of the edition XS (which is sounding way above it's price point).
But the main differences between the edition XS and the arya stealth are:
Arya has higher resolution everything sounds more realistic, more finess and precision and better details, sweeter vocals and more midbass punch.
Soundstage is a little bit wider on the edition XS but arya stealth has way better layering and instrument seperation + better instrument pinpoint precision.
Edition XS has more lower bass quantity compared to the Arya stealth.

Cant say much about the Organic as it's not yet released, though I read it has a bump in the bass compartiment compared to the arya stealth and it's sounding more "organic".
My guess it's a small step up from the Arya with more meaty mids and a different tuning. I think the Arya Organic will lean more to the HE1000 v2 sound signature

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #10,089 of 11,883
Yeah, I've had the chance to audition the Stealth, and from what I remember your comments seem to be spot on from what I was thinking when listening to them.
The clarity, precision and detail really put a smile on my face, so it was all I could do to not immediately pull the trigger.

Jun 2, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #10,090 of 11,883
Diminishing returns for sure for anything from the pricepoint of the edition XS (which is sounding way above it's price point).
But the main differences between the edition XS and the arya stealth are:
Arya has higher resolution everything sounds more realistic, more finess and precision and better details, sweeter vocals and more midbass punch.
Soundstage is a little bit wider on the edition XS but arya stealth has way better layering and instrument seperation + better instrument pinpoint precision.
Edition XS has more lower bass quantity compared to the Arya stealth.

Cant say much about the Organic as it's not yet released, though I read it has a bump in the bass compartiment compared to the arya stealth and it's sounding more "organic".
My guess it's a small step up from the Arya with more meaty mids and a different tuning. I think the Arya Organic will lean more to the HE1000 v2 sound signature
Your comparison is perfect. Sums up my experience as well.

Jun 2, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #10,091 of 11,883
IMG_20230601_152112.jpg

I just received these $10 earpads from aliexpress for my Arya SE. The fit and comfort quite a bit better. I'm impressed. The ''quality'' seems better than stock pads.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #10,092 of 11,883
IMG_20230601_152112.jpg

I just received these $10 earpads from aliexpress for my Arya SE. The fit and comfort quite a bit better. I'm impressed. The ''quality'' seems better than stock pads.
How do you get the stock pads off Arya 3? They seem pretty well stuck on I tried to take them off but I didnt want to break anything....

Jun 2, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #10,093 of 11,883
How do you get the stock pads off Arya 3? They seem pretty well stuck on I tried to take them off but I didnt want to break anything....
Not sure about account Arya, but on XS I unfasten with the edge of a metal ruler, putting it in the slot.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #10,095 of 11,883
I sold the Arya Stealth a few weeks ago and I've been missing them ever since. I thought owning the HE1000 V2 was going to be enough but something about the Arya Stealth really grabbed my attention in a way that most headphones that I've owned and sold haven't.

I pulled the trigger on buying an Arya Stealth today. I missed not having one so much that I sold my Radiance for it.

Can't wait until they arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back