HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 29, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #10,066 of 11,876
So far there are only two Hifiman headphones that I can truly enjoy: Susvara and Sundara. Both have more "meat on the bone" than any other Hifiman's current line up.

Unfortunately I didn’t listen to Susvara but Sundara tuning is really spot on, everything sound right, many others hifiman models have more technicality but they just miss here and there when it comes to timbre.

May 29, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #10,068 of 11,876
Yeah. I mean I love my V3, it's not like I'm going to go look for a V2 at this point. Nothing beat the HD800 at soundstage, but I sold it because it was really sibilant on the highs, which is something many many people noted about the V2 and part of getting the V3 was that they improved that. I can hear it at times on the V3 even so I can't imagine it being worse. Empyrean never has that.

Sibilant is not really the right word. It's just that edginess that can crop up from time to time that can be uncomfortable.
Hi just lurking...but I just got a new Arya3 2 days ago. That edginess you speak of, does that resolve with burn in?

May 29, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #10,069 of 11,876
Hi just lurking...but I just got a new Arya3 2 days ago. That edginess you speak of, does that resolve with burn in?
I also bought Arya stealth 1 month ago & was annoyed due to hot treble.. I was using burson playmate 2 with NE opamps.. so I changed to V6 classic single & V6 vivid dual opamps…it’s great now, no hot spike ..better separation…loving it…

May 29, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #10,071 of 11,876
Unfortunately I didn’t listen to Susvara but Sundara tuning is really spot on, everything sound right, many others hifiman models have more technicality but they just miss here and there when it comes to timbre.
Both sound nice, doesn’t mean the others are more technical, but you need to feed the higher models with a decent source to make them sound right. To me de Sundara sounded closed up, missing stage compare to the Ananda stealth and above. For the price a good deal, though.

May 29, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #10,072 of 11,876

They don't change drastically with burn in from my experience but they do get a bit smoother over time. The biggest difference maker is amp matching, though.

May 29, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #10,074 of 11,876
This thread is from 2018!

The organic deserves its own thread!

I've updated the OP and added direct links to the first posts about the Arya Stealth and the Arya Organic. This should help make finding info about them in this thread a little easier.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #10,075 of 11,876
any opinions on the THX AAA 789 with Aryas (any Model)? I've heard wildly conflicting information. Power of bal should be plenty enough but synergy wsie?
I had the Monolith '887 and the OG A90 for a time (with the next higher up THX module from the '789's and Topping's copycat NFCA modules) and while they were decently good - neither were as good as my cheaper discrete Class AB amps that I had on hand at the time (ie: Schiit Magni 3+ and Emotiva A-100). Plus, the Gustard H20 discrete Class A amp that I bought used outclassed them pretty easily - especially in the bass, overall smoothness, 3-D soundstaging (esp. depth) and having realistic timbres......

My dream arya has these physical features - recessed 3.5 jacks, all black all metal construction, headband having one screw on each side to replace without effort. A plus would be a gold driver like the susvara with the black dust cover to protect it. So all black with that huge gold driver being seen through the cover with sleek recessed jacks.
One could always dream, LOL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.......

Yeah, in the end they offered me a pretty good trade-up for my Arya: I would say pretty much around the used market value for the Arya Stealth.
All in all, I must say I'm pretty satisfied with the Hifiman CS so far.

The He1000 Stealth will be here in around a week, we'll see in what shape they will come.
Do keep us posted. I'm really interested in your impressions.....

Hello all. I have a question. I have the Arya Stealth's and I'm thinking about the Organic or the HE 1000 v2's, non stealth. Two of the things I'm looking for is more bass and I want a wider soundstage, which I read the organic offers as well as the 1000 v2. I know no one has heard the organic yet but has anyone listened to the 1000v2 compared to the Arya Stealth? Here's what I'm using as source and amplification. xDuoo Turntable II (source) , xDuoo XD-05 Plus or HiFiMan EF400.
I've read impressions of the HEKv2 Stealth being exactly what you're looking for: more bass, wider SS, and better timbre than any Arya model. It's now on my shortlist for upgrades from the Arya Stealths....

Just got my new Arya V3 today. Got them for my desktop really love the sound out of box. :)
Great!!! Give them time to play in with both pink noise and bass-heavy music on overnight loops (at least 50~75 hours up to past 100 hrs) - they'll continue to get even better, IMO......

For me, FOMO = Fear Of Monetary Outlay. :rolling_eyes:
Hahaha, you're waaaay past the point of caring about that, LOL......

May 30, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #10,076 of 11,876
Let's try this then, guys. HiFiMan can actually be quite responsive.

@TeamHiFiMAN Hi there, can this thread receive a bit of clarification regarding two things:
1, Are the cups made of wood or is it just a wood veneer for looks?
2, Is there a difference in membrane thickness between the Arya Organic and previous Arya models?

Many thanks! Keep up the good work, this Organic version seems very promising!
1. The earcups are made of our custom-made plywood from the same tree
2. There is no difference in membrane thickness between the Arya Organic and previous Arya models
:beerchug:

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 30, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #10,077 of 11,876
I've read impressions of the HEKv2 Stealth being exactly what you're looking for: more bass, wider SS, and better timbre than any Arya model. It's now on my shortlist for upgrades from the Arya Stealths....
I wonder now how the new Hifiman arya organic is sounding compared to the HEKv2 (stealth)
Can't imagine it will be as good as the HEKv2 as it's 1000$ more expensive.
I'm curious for more reviews now xp

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #10,079 of 11,876
But it's from the same tree, so it's got that going for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back