HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 23, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #9,946 of 11,915
To me it seems, HiFiMan has listened to all the criticism they received with all previous Arya versions and tuned the 'organic' to fit the taste of those not liking the Arya yet. More bass, tamed treble, as a promise of 'organic' sound I also expect better texture in mids. I always felt the Arya too vast in soundstage, so I wouldn't mind a little more focus and precision either, even if it comes at a price of smaller spatial sensation.

The 'organic' seems to address all the issues I had with previous Arya models, so this makes me really intrigued. The fact it comes in $300 cheaper is just the cherry on the cake. Is HiFiMan up for a winner here? I can't tell, until I audition/review them, but if the recipe worked, they might well become HiFiMan's best sellers.
From what I read in the original write up about the hifiman organic the sound stage is supposed to be like the original arya but with more bass & tamed treble.

May 23, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #9,948 of 11,915
I have the Stealth version, which I do like. I think the bass is a little light and the soundstage is too close but they're good headphones. It sounds like these would be what I could want if the soundstage is wider. If not, I think I'm going to go for the 1000 kv2's.

May 23, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #9,950 of 11,915
Should I replace asgard with a singxer sa1 perhaps? I already have a d30 pro for balanced o:
It may not be 1000% mandatory in your case (the Asgard is a good match w/ the Arya) - but it may provide just that extra bit of stereo separation, IMO......

May 23, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #9,951 of 11,915
Anyone have any experience running the Arya on tubes? I am looking at getting the new Arya Organic but I want to run it on tubes and I know lower ohm headphones do not work well with tubes but I have never tried it before as all my other headphones are at least 150ohms.
IMO, most tube amps aren't a very good match for them. The exceptions would be tube/SS hybrids and transformer-coupled tube amps. The reasons being is that the SS output and transformer output stages would be able to provide the necessary current and drive for low impedance and current-hungry planars where pure tubed amps would sound mushy and flabby in the bass while also lacking clarity. High-powered tube speaker amps are also the exception - but the noise from the gain stages of those high-powered tubes could be a problem - at least as I understand it......

May 23, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #9,952 of 11,915
Anyone have any experience running the Arya on tubes? I am looking at getting the new Arya Organic but I want to run it on tubes and I know lower ohm headphones do not work well with tubes but I have never tried it before as all my other headphones are at least 150ohms.
The Monolith Liquid Platinum is an amazing pair for the Arya's. It's a hybrid and sadly, was discontinued recently. I really like mine.

May 24, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #9,953 of 11,915
IMO, most tube amps aren't a very good match for them. The exceptions would be tube/SS hybrids and transformer-coupled tube amps. The reasons being is that the SS output and transformer output stages would be able to provide the necessary current and drive for low impedance and current-hungry planars where pure tubed amps would sound mushy and flabby in the bass while also lacking clarity. High-powered tube speaker amps are also the exception - but the noise from the gain stages of those high-powered tubes could be a problem - at least as I understand it......
I have the Cayin HA-3A which is a transformer based tube amplifier so the Organic should work fine then.

May 24, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #9,954 of 11,915
any opinions on the THX AAA 789 with Aryas (any Model)? I've heard wildly conflicting information. Power of bal should be plenty enough but synergy wsie?

May 24, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #9,955 of 11,915
I have the Cayin HA-3A which is a transformer based tube amplifier so the Organic should work fine then.
I tried the Arya on my friends Ampsandsound Kenzie and my Forge, and even though they were transformer coupled, I felt like they didn’t have the control over the driver that I wanted. Maybe it’s the high output impedance (even out of the low-z taps), but the pairing, which pleasant and “tubey,” wasn’t ideal for me.

May 24, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #9,959 of 11,915
I'd be REALLY surprised if the Organic didn't at least somewhat compromise on some of the technicalities of the Arya Stealth. It's hard to increase bass presence without bringing things closer, or encroaching on midrange clarity. Not without spending a lot more money.

May 24, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #9,960 of 11,915
I'd be REALLY surprised if the Organic didn't at least somewhat compromise on some of the technicalities of the Arya Stealth. It's hard to increase bass presence without bringing things closer, or encroaching on midrange clarity. Not without spending a lot more money.
I imagine the wood of the Arya Organic would be the key difference, possibly offering a deeper albeit different bass sound to the Arya Stealth. Also curious about the drop in impedance to 16ohm, will give a lot more power back to our existing amps especially if it scales like the Stealth does. Anyone know what the trade up price is from HifiMan, Stealth > Organic?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back