HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 24, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #9,961 of 11,944
I imagine the wood of the Arya Organic would be the key difference, possibly offering a deeper albeit different bass sound to the Arya Stealth. Also curious about the drop in impedance to 16ohm, will give a lot more power back to our existing amps especially if it scales like the Stealth does. Anyone know what the trade up price is from HifiMan, Stealth > Organic?
Does it have actual wooden cups, or just a veneer like on the HE-1000 series? Looks like just a veneer to me, with presumably the same housing materials otherwise.

May 24, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #9,962 of 11,944
I imagine the wood of the Arya Organic would be the key difference, possibly offering a deeper albeit different bass sound to the Arya Stealth. Also curious about the drop in impedance to 16ohm, will give a lot more power back to our existing amps especially if it scales like the Stealth does. Anyone know what the trade up price is from HifiMan, Stealth > Organic?
300$

May 25, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #9,963 of 11,944
Does it have actual wooden cups, or just a veneer like on the HE-1000 series? Looks like just a veneer to me, with presumably the same housing materials otherwise.
It's supposedly wood and not veneer.

May 25, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #9,965 of 11,944
Has HiFiMan announced a trade up program for the Organic yet? Depending on reviews I would use my V2 or Stealth Arya for a trade up.

No, people are taking guesses for whatever reason.

May 25, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #9,966 of 11,944
Has HiFiMan announced a trade up program for the Organic yet? Depending on reviews I would use my V2 or Stealth Arya for a trade up.
In the past, like from the V2 to the Stealth, there was an unofficial $300 trade-in fee. Maybe someone here has written to Hifiman and found out.

May 25, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #9,967 of 11,944
Yeah, I wrote them a couple of days ago and they offered me the trade up.

In the end I opted for an open box he1000 stealth and will probably sell my Arya on the used market.

May 25, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #9,968 of 11,944
The wood isn't even real wood and it's there just for cosmetic purposes, so I highly doubt that It has a anything to do with the tuning.

May 25, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #9,969 of 11,944
Yeah, I wrote them a couple of days ago and they offered me the trade up.

In the end I opted for an open box he1000 stealth and will probably sell my Arya on the used market.
you can trade-up to an open box he1000 stealth too, ask them about it

The wood isn't even real wood and it's there just for cosmetic purposes, so I highly doubt that It has a anything to do with the tuning.
it is actual wood to my understanding

May 25, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #9,970 of 11,944
Well actually I asked them twice about this, and they never gave a straight yes or no, mostly ignored the question.
I asked them again about it, I just thought it was not possible and they didn't want to say no.

Other than that, they gave an excellent support, I must say.

May 25, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #9,971 of 11,944

it is actual wood to my understanding
Well, it's not wood on the other models that has the same (HE1k & Susvara). It's just a ply of veneer.
Even if they changed it for real wood, which I highly doubt, it should not affect the sound cause the chassis is made of metal.

May 25, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #9,972 of 11,944
Well actually I asked them twice about this, and they never gave a straight yes or no, mostly ignored the question.
I asked them again about it, I just thought it was not possible and they didn't want to say no.

Other than that, they gave an excellent support, I must say.
oh perhaps it is a regional thing, i have a quote already and i'm currently contemplating if i should make that exact switch.

if there isn't a set that hifiman is satisfied with available in your region (my understanding is, if you get he1000 or something higher-end as an openbox trade, it will come with a new headband assembly & earpads, though i could be wrong) - i could see why they are hesitant to give you a surefire answer haha

Well, it's not wood on the other models that has the same (HE1k & Susvara). It's just a ply of veneer.
Even if they changed it for real wood, which I highly doubt, it should not affect the sound cause the chassis is made of metal.
that's interesting - i was under the impression that a big selling point of the arya organic is that they used actual wood so the reverb would be different! we'll have to wait for reviewers and people to get their hands on the set to know for sure, probably too early for assumptions since virtually nobody even has a set yet

May 25, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #9,973 of 11,944
that's interesting - i was under the impression that a big selling point of the arya organic is that they used actual wood so the reverb would be different! we'll have to wait for reviewers and people to get their hands on the set to know for sure, probably too early for assumptions since virtually nobody even has a set yet
I just checked the official Hifiman web of the organic Arya and there's not a single mention about wood. So Im almost certain that it's the same veneer that you get on the other models. In my opinion they used the veneer to fit the name and give the sensation of a more organic and natural sound, which I hope that they have achieved with this new model.

May 25, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #9,974 of 11,944
I just checked the official Hifiman web of the organic Arya and there's not a single mention about wood. So Im almost certain that it's the same veneer that you get on the other models. In my opinion they used the veneer to fit the name and give the sensation of a more organic and natural sound, which I hope that they have achieved with this new model.
ah OK thats fair. Likewise I'm hoping they've achieved this without sacrificing technical resolution/soundstage. It would not be for me because I naturally like bright-sounding headphones - but I think that is something a LOT of people would be very happy with :)

May 25, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #9,975 of 11,944
Wood's usually better. On Hifman's press release, they do mention "new wood" (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/introducing-hifiman-arya-organic.968221/) and they say:

“Fans of the Arya often ask for a next-gen model that with an even ‘fuller sound signature,’ which translates to greater detail and overall frequency response,” said Dr. Fang Bian, President, and CEO, HIFIMAN Electronics. “Arya Organic is our response, with a soundstage and sonic output that will satisfy the most demanding audiophiles and music lovers.”

how could it be different at all if there wasn't some kind of change ? I know that crap on the outside is veneer, but maybe the cup is wood. On TOH, plastic might be more durable than wood. Wood can crack, etc, get moisture damage... I remember the LCD-2 manual was very concerned about you oiling up your LCD-2's so they stank all the time of wood oil, just in case they might crack, which apparently happened a lot. But those were exotic woods, not balsa wood or whatever Hifiman is likely to use (hehe). Eh.

On the other hand I do prefer the black look of the stealth, so if it measures almost identical it won't be worth it. Unless you're still on V1 or V2 anyway.

I expect it to be very slight. Someone was saying that they heard it and that it was still "Sibilant" So I doubt it will fundamentally change character. The change in impedance is interesting however, as it will affect how it behaves with various amps out there.

I love the Arya so much, can't really see myself upgrading, but maybe it's worth it if you love Arya. we'll see what the charts say. Or you can just wait for Arya V5 lol.

Also, I don't know if anyone's noticed, but on the press release it has a silver grille, whereas in some other pics the grille was still black, which looked less nice (IMO). So... I hope it's because it was just a prototype and the production units have silver grilles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back