HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #7,411 of 11,945
@misternoe

Hop on that link quick. There's only 5 left in stock at that price.

I was thinking of grabbing one for myself but I already have three iFi devices.
I got it! Just saved me $250 + taxes :O
Thank you!

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #7,412 of 11,945
How does it compare to Gryphon, or Gryphon is essentially a modern replacement for Signature?
Totally different use cases.

The Gryphon is much smaller and I use it more with my A&K KANN Alpha to stack so I can "EQ" in other words Bass Boost certain headphones in my collection.

When I owned the Signature and really enjoyed it but preferred the sound of the Diablo.

The Signature is way more feature rich though so if I didn't already own three iFi devices I'd buy the Signature.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #7,413 of 11,945
Apr 29, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #7,414 of 11,945
When I owned the Signature and really enjoyed it but preferred the sound of the Diablo.
Thanks, seems like you had them all, would you say that Diablo is the cream of the crop then?
What about Neo, it's almost the same size, well slightly bigger but still compact enough?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #7,415 of 11,945
Thank you for this. This is very encouraging, because:
  1. Playing pink noise at moderately loud levels is exactly what I have been doing for the last 7 nights or so. So far they haven't made much of a difference, but maybe the next few days will do the trick.
  2. I have already swapped the V6 Vivids for V6 Classics, about a week ago. I was hopeful that it would smooth the treble, but unfortunately it didn't make a difference to my ears. I also added a ton of ferrites to all my cables. No effect either.
For some reason my ears need literally -16db attenuation to everything above 10,000 before they start feeling really comfortable! Maybe I have terrible treble sensitivity, but for some reason it was never this bad with my HE6sev2 with the AutoEQ settings from Oratory1990. Unfortunately the Arya SE AutoEQ settings from Crinacle do not tame the treble enough for me. Looks like I made a really bad decision buying the Arya SE, but I was mislead by my brief experience with the Arya v2, which didn't have the same treble problems to my ears, and I'd loved the vast soundstage.
Which spots did you place the Classics into? Did you try both spots? If you've done that maybe you are simply treble sensitive and may need to switch to a much warmer HP. Either way, you won't lose much if they're in good shape when you sell them. Happy listening, friend.

Apr 29, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #7,416 of 11,945
Thanks, seems like you had them all, would you say that Diablo is the cream of the crop then?
What about Neo, it's almost the same size, well slightly bigger but still compact enough?
I've only ever owned their newer transportable models so I'm not sure about the Neo.

For my preferences I like the sound from the Diablo the most but it's not as feature rich as the Signature or Gryphon.

The Signature is very close in sound to the Diablo but the Diablo has more power and is a true balanced feed from the 4.4mm jack.

The Signature has 4.4mm but the implementation is still going through the same chipset as the others so it's not a dedicated line.

I can't say if that drastically changes the sound or not but when A/B'ing the two side by side my ears picked up a considerable bump in resolution & detail retrieval from the Diablo.

In my opinion the Diablo is the best transportable Amp/DAC combo that's available. The only other that I'd consider is the Cayin C9.

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #7,417 of 11,945
What are the current portable dac/amp favorites that can power the Arya V2? Currently looking at the IFI Signature—no bluetooth is not a dealbreaker for me.
The predecessor to the Signature - ifi micro iDSD BL - works very well with the Arya V2

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #7,418 of 11,945
Reminds me that I should try a Mojo 2 with them.

Apr 29, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #7,419 of 11,945
I use the iFi Gryphon. It's got 6.7watts running 4.4mm and excellent Bluetooth.

As a bonus you have the XBass that can fix some of the V2's lean bass problems.

The Signature is currently priced at $499 at Adorama so that's an unbelievable value for what it can do.
Hey man, It should be 6.7V... and 1 watt at 32ohm only. 👍🏻

Apr 30, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #7,420 of 11,945
Decided to take a look at my brand new Arya Stealth without the pads and noticed this “bump” underneath the mesh on the left side. The other side doesn’t seem to have it.

Was wondering if anyone has a minute to take a look to see if they have something similar on their pair?

Basically wanted to know what this could be, and if it’s any cause for concern..?

Thanks in advance!

1651326851306.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #7,421 of 11,945
Hey there! Long time reader, first time poster.

I have a lovely set of V2 Aryas that I've loved for 3 years now, but the material of the headband and earpads are beginning to flake and come apart. I tried doing some research into how to replace the headband, but I've come up short. Many seem to have tried to talk to customer service in lieu of finding the replacement parts online, but Hifiman's only solution seems to be to replace the headphones entirely for a few hundred dollars. Unfortunately, the pandemic has regressed my industry considerably, so that fee isn't necessarily in the cards for me at the moment.

Does anybody here have any updated, better ideas regarding replacing/fixing the headband, perhaps even just a well-fitting slip to put over the original? And I suppose if anyone has any anecdotal recommendations for pads, I'd be much obliged, but I'm mostly looking for a solution regarding the headband as I can successfully do further research on the pads I'm sure.

Apr 30, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #7,422 of 11,945
Decided to take a look at my brand new Arya Stealth without the pads and noticed this “bump” underneath the mesh on the left side. The other side doesn’t seem to have it.

Was wondering if anyone has a minute to take a look to see if they have something similar on their pair?

Basically wanted to know what this could be, and if it’s any cause for concern..?

Thanks in advance!

1651326851306.jpeg

It's probably just the wires from the headphone jack and one side is bulging out.

May 1, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #7,423 of 11,945
Hey there! Long time reader, first time poster.

I have a lovely set of V2 Aryas that I've loved for 3 years now, but the material of the headband and earpads are beginning to flake and come apart. I tried doing some research into how to replace the headband, but I've come up short. Many seem to have tried to talk to customer service in lieu of finding the replacement parts online, but Hifiman's only solution seems to be to replace the headphones entirely for a few hundred dollars. Unfortunately, the pandemic has regressed my industry considerably, so that fee isn't necessarily in the cards for me at the moment.

Does anybody here have any updated, better ideas regarding replacing/fixing the headband, perhaps even just a well-fitting slip to put over the original? And I suppose if anyone has any anecdotal recommendations for pads, I'd be much obliged, but I'm mostly looking for a solution regarding the headband as I can successfully do further research on the pads I'm sure.
Perhaps, fixing it yourself by utilizing your own materials and sewing with your own hands. I'm not kidding you, because I often do it with my headphones too. Unfortunately, there are no cheap options on the market.

May 1, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #7,424 of 11,945
hi guys, im a new user of the arya V3, not being huge into headphones but having spent the last 20 odd years listening the high end IEM's i thought id pop in and leave some impressions comparing them to one of most recent IEM purchases the U12t in ears... its not really a comparison that makes much sense but that's what ive most recently got to reference to.

initially i think its fair to say i was underwhelmed with the arya v3, it being really flat left me feeling like it was a bit soulless, compared to the U12t for example it lacked a little bit of warmth i came to enjoy but i soon realized the headphones were presenting the music in a very natural way, no bloat at all and in fact the extension in the lows was excellent, one of the more impressive aspects to the headphones in fact, its like a sleeping tiger in this regard, often im listening and thinking this is a little bit thin and then bang there it wakes up, i love that about them.

the mids are very silky smooth and vocals are strong, very clean presentation, plenty of detail but more than anything else what struck me was the separation and layering from instruments, its an easy task to place instruments one on top of the other, one never being drowned out or reduced by something else, its quite impressive. as for the highs, i cant compare to previous versions of the arya because ive never owned them but i do think the stealth's lean a little on the bright side without being obtrusive or shrill, they are just on the edge of being ''just right'' for me and i think any brighter and they would be a bit much for me, what i do like about them however is the treble is very even, nothing jumps out at you, having recently owned some beyer DT1990pro's where the 8khz spike would leap out at you every now and then its easy to see where the arya gets this right.

i do play a lot of games in my spare time, having quit work a couple years back because my wife became very ill and i now care for her as well as my 3 children. so when not doing my homely duties i do like to sit down and lose myself in some games with friends and the arya v3 do an amazing job, my only amplification at the moment is the chord mojo 2 and the pairing works really well together, i find playing games is where you really get a sense of the soundstage and imaging and they do shine here, its very easy to pick out gunfire, the distance, the direction, probably the best ive ever used in this regard, not sure what plays the biggest role here for gaming, i know for sure the mojo 2 is doing its thing, its quite a transparent presentation from the device.

overall its amazing, i absolutely love it, my only criticism probably is they don't respond too well to EQ or too much power, there seems to be a sweet spot where the headphones are incredible, absolutely amazing, volume high enough to get the drivers really moving but if i go above that point the control starts to become lost, i can only put it down to single driver issues and this is the one area in ears like the U12t come out on top, being in ears and very sensitive they maintain control at stupid high volume levels, the kind of levels you should never want to reach anyway but the fact remains they do it with no issue but the arya... well they can ofcourse get to those levels but do lose a little bit of control. sound quality wise its actually somewhat similar to the U12t in the mids and highs, the u12t being warmer in the mid bass is the main difference, the arya seem to have better layering and seperation, its much more open and spacious as one might expect.

i doubt this little review is going to be all that helpful for many of you being as many are likely already owners or one iteration or another but i hope it was an interesting read either way. take it easy.

Attachments

• arya and mojo.jpg
    arya and mojo.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 0
  • earphones 5.jpg
    earphones 5.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #7,425 of 11,945
my only criticism probably is they don't respond too well to EQ or too much power, there seems to be a sweet spot where the headphones are incredible, absolutely amazing, volume high enough to get the drivers really moving but if i go above that point the control starts to become lost

That actually sounds like you have too little power if they are falling apart at higher volumes stock, which is why it wouldn't take EQ either, because you don't have enough headroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back