HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 9, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #7,066 of 11,944
Short and probably last update on Dekoni’s hybrid pads: Arya stealth with Dekoni hybrid pads have an extremely close tonality to post-2020 Sundara.
Thanks for your thoughtful impressions. So far i'm liking the Arya Stealth as is but I don't think they are all rounders for all of the genres that I listen to. I'll take a look at the Dekoni Hybrid's to see if they better fit the sound that I'm going for. Not as a replacement for the OG pads but as a compliment to change the sound a bit from time to time.

Mar 9, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #7,067 of 11,944
wow, this makes me want to buy an Arya? Did it mess with the technical performance at all, the insane layering?
Not that I'm aware of, but as there's no way to alternate between both pads in a fast way, it's difficult to say. Have in mind that I only listen to Classical music, I highly value timbre and I find the Sundaras to have near perfect tonality out of the box: for those finding the stock pads Aryas perfect, the dekoni hybrids would subjectively feel like a too big change. I find the stock pads to have a brightish-plasticky-tonality (very obvious with Classical music), and in my opinion the Susvaras move to a more organic-lush tonality that I find simply more natural with the Dekoni hybrid pads.

Mar 9, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #7,068 of 11,944
Not that I'm aware of, but as there's no way to alternate between both pads in a fast way, it's difficult to say. Have in mind that I only listen to Classical music, I highly value timbre and I find the Sundaras to have near perfect tonality out of the box: for those finding the stock pads Aryas perfect, the dekoni hybrids would subjectively feel like a too big change. I find the stock pads to have a brightish-plasticky-tonality (very obvious with Classical music), and in my opinion the Susvaras move to a more organic-lush tonality that I find simply more natural with the Dekoni hybrid pads.
I put one on each side of head, then shift dj style so i can back and forth, also listening together at the same time easily lets me tell which sounds better

Mar 9, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #7,069 of 11,944
This is awesome news for me. I'll order a pair and see how I like them as well!

Mar 9, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #7,070 of 11,944
wow, this makes me want to buy an Arya? Did it mess with the technical performance at all, the insane layering
I don't recommend the pads. The Arya are amazing for how detailed, layered, and open they are. The pads diminish all of that, it turns into a warmer headphone. The mid bass bloats the Soundstage and you no longer have that deep separation between instruments. While the bass is better you can EQ the Arya without loss of technical ability.

I'd say if you like the Arya for what it is then the pads take that away.

Mar 9, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #7,071 of 11,944
That's probably the case. Maybe Oratory could create an Eq profile to negate the changing signature. But at least the Dekonis are a lot more comfortable, when your head is mid size or larger. A shame that some got quality problems. Soon I'll try pads from ntrax. According to some users they should be great quality.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #7,072 of 11,944
I don't recommend the pads. The Arya are amazing for how detailed, layered, and open they are. The pads diminish all of that, it turns into a warmer headphone. The mid bass bloats the Soundstage and you no longer have that deep separation between instruments. While the bass is better you can EQ the Arya without loss of technical ability.

I'd say if you like the Arya for what it is then the pads take that away.
Thanks for the input here. I was just wondering how those pads will impact the original sound signature of Arya, which I really enjoyed.

Mar 9, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #7,073 of 11,944
That's probably the case. Maybe Oratory could create an Eq profile to negate the changing signature. But at least the Dekonis are a lot more comfortable, when your head is mid size or larger. A shame that some got quality problems. Soon I'll try pads from ntrax. According to some users they should be great quality.
The problem is Dekoni hasn't released FR graphs comparing to the original FR. They compare the different pads to each other, and claim they don't have their hand on original earpads. It's a really strange situation so it's kind of hard to create an EQ profile that'll bring you back to the old tuning, if that would even produce the original result is something I'm not sure of either.

Personally the headband of the Arya causes me a lot of pain, regardless of the earpads I've tried. I'm going to buy an edition XS and swap out the drivers because that headband, while loose, gave me absolutely zero pain or discomfort.

Mar 9, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #7,074 of 11,944
Short and probably last update on Dekoni’s hybrid pads: Arya stealth with Dekoni hybrid pads have an extremely close tonality to post-2020 Sundara.
Is that a good thing? Just curious...

Mar 9, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #7,075 of 11,944
Is that a good thing? Just curious...
I would say no! heh. The Arya SE is a beautiful pair of cans, i really don't get the instant move to **** with the sound by EQ or Pads... listen to them, let them do their break-in, they are simply amazing!

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #7,076 of 11,944
Damn this hobby and the rabbit hole!! lol

So I did a thing... I ended up upgrading my Burson C3X Performance to the Burson C3X Reference. After all is said and done, it comes out to just under $150 USD more than the Performance (plus the upright stand), for an open box one. So back the C3XP went.

So I've just been listening and enjoying the Aryas on the C3XR and am appreciative of the differences (relatively minor) that I'm hearing already. The Aryas just keep getting better and better.

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #7,077 of 11,944
Damn this hobby and the rabbit hole!! lol

So I did a thing... I ended up upgrading my Burson C3X Performance to the Burson C3X Reference. After all is said and done, it comes out to just under $150 USD more than the Performance (plus the upright stand), for an open box one. So back the C3XP went.

So I've just been listening and enjoying the Aryas on the C3XR and am appreciative of the differences (relatively minor) that I'm hearing already. The Aryas just keep getting better and better.
It's a never-ending journey! Glad you're liking the Burson AIO's. I'm finding I love my Soloist 3XP with my Aeolus almost as much as with the Arya. Such an addicting sound.

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #7,078 of 11,944
It's a never-ending journey! Glad you're liking the Burson AIO's. I'm finding I love my Soloist 3XP with my Aeolus almost as much as with the Arya. Such an addicting sound.

Ain't that the truth! Yeah, there's something about the Burson sound that is really appealing to me. So you're using the Crack/Speedball with your Arya?

Also I noticed you're in LA! A fellow So Cal audio enthusiasts!

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #7,079 of 11,944
Ain't that the truth! Yeah, there's something about the Burson sound that is really appealing to me. So you're using the Crack/Speedball with your Arya?

Also I noticed you're in LA! A fellow So Cal audio enthusiasts!
Haha yeah! There are quite a lot of us here. It's nice to know in case there's a headphone or piece of equipment you really want to try! Someone just might have it.

You know, I tried the Crack with the Arya V3, and it actually worked! The bass was too bloated though, and really did a disservice to the balanced sound of the Arya. It did take an edge off the high frequencies a bit, but it wasn't worth it, so it's staying on the Soloist.

Mar 10, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #7,080 of 11,944
Very unhappy with how the new JDS Element III sounds with the Arya. Sure it's clean, but just absolutely Neutered the Bass, Mids, sound stage, and imaging.
I'm going back to the Element I again.

I know this get asked daily, but what will really make the Arya V2 sing best today???
Was wanting Amp and a Dac to total under $650 or so. Considering JOTUNHEIM or LYR with internal Truebit multidac, but is there better than Schitt around this mark?
I CRAVE that 2w fully powered Arya sound, i know it's not giving me its best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back