HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #5,806 of 11,919
I own Hd58x, HD600, HD800s, Focal Clear OG, Audeze Mobius, LCD-X, LCD-3, Ananda, He1000v2, Arya V3.
If i have to choose 1 headphone to keep and listen to all kind of music that must be Arya V3 (better detail, sepration, bass) or He1000v2 (better soundstage, more relax and smooth).
The only reason you should choose Clear is Chord Mojo cant drive Hd800s/Arya :D
How is ananda compare to Arya v3?

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #5,807 of 11,919
you should get the open box arya and save some $$, it has the same warranty as new ones. Open box ones are typically just opened because of customs checking things IIRC.

I bought my Arya open-box through the HiFiMan website, and it certainly looked to me like the headphones hadn't been used. Perhaps not even removed from the box. Completely indistinguishable from new and I saved myself $380. I'm sure that's not the case for every single open-box they sell, but they have a 30-day return policy too (hard to find on open-box gear) which dramatically reduces the risk to the buyer.

Nov 9, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #5,809 of 11,919
I'm interested buying a Hifiman Arya. At the moment I'm living in my campervan and I'm looking for an dac/amp or amp to connect the Arya with my hiby r6 pro. Because I think the Hiby has not enough juice to drive those properly. I think the mojo is somewhat outdated and the Hugo 2 a bit too expensive. I need a device which I can charge by USB. Any recommendations?

Nov 9, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #5,810 of 11,919
I'm interested buying a Hifiman Arya. At the moment I'm living in my campervan and I'm looking for an dac/amp or amp to connect the Arya with my hiby r6 pro. Because I think the Hiby has not enough juice to drive those properly. I think the mojo is somewhat outdated and the Hugo 2 a bit too expensive. I need a device which I can charge by USB. Any recommendations?
I am not sure about the pairing with Arya but maybe iFi Diablo?

Nov 9, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #5,813 of 11,919
Amps don’t make headphones sound different.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of posts that attest to the contrary. Your statement is unfortunate - especially given your posting name…😒

Nov 9, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #5,815 of 11,919
The DX312 is a great portable paring with the Arya @ 2000 ma.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #5,816 of 11,919
I've tried the Focal Clear (original not MG), Arya V2, and LCD-X 2021. The Clear and the Arya are in the same ballpark for detail retrieval and overall sound quality (imo) but are on opposite ends of the presentation spectrum.

The Arya has a large soundstage (with a large range, as sounds can seem close to you or far away from you), while the Clear as a very intimate soundstage (but very even in a circle around your head) where everything sounds close to you. The Arya also has the planar driver advantage when it comes to instrument separation. The Clear feels like a wall of sound hitting you, whereas with the Arya the instruments/vocals can come from different parts of the soundstage and sound more distinct from each other.

For punch and slam, the Clear is one of the punchiest headphones on the market. So much so that I actually found the punch to be a little fatiguing after a while. The V2 Arya is towards the other end of the punch/slam spectrum, so not very punchy (apparently it's still more punchy than the Ananda or the Dan Clark Audio headphones). The V3 Arya apparently has more punch/slam than V2, but I haven't heard that one yet. I actually found the LCD-X 2021 to have the perfect amount of punch/slam for my tastes, being energetic and engaging without being fatiguing like the Clear.

When I heard the Clear, I was surprised by the metallic timbre. Reviewers had mentioned this, but I found it to be a bigger issue for me than I was expecting given the reviews. I also have issues with the V2 Arya's midrange and treble timbre being a little plasticky/unnatural, so maybe I'm just sensitive to timbre. I found the LCD-X with EQ to be a little more natural to my ears than either the Clear or the V2 Arya. Note again that people have reported that the V3 Arya has improved timbre over the V2.

I haven't heard the Sundara or R70x, so I'll leave that up to someone else.
You got good ears, mate.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #5,817 of 11,919
I did a bit research... what about a xDuoo XD05 Bal? Is this a good pairing?

Haven't listened to it with the Arya, but it's an outstanding amp with a ton of great features, and sounds wonderful with my Sundara, especially with Burson op-amps installed.

I think with 1000 milliwatts @ 32 ohms, it will drive the Arya V3 fine.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #5,818 of 11,919
Amps don’t make headphones sound different. Most laptops are enough to power the Arya v3
Yes, my Samsung s10+ can power (makes sound) an Arya v2 or the v3. Yes, I can directly plug it into a laptop and it makes sounds - but the sound quality is below average. My Hd6xx sounded better on the s10+ then the Aryas.
To unlock the potential of the Arya headphone - you need quality, synergistic gear in the sound chain, to get close to holographic sounds.

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #5,820 of 11,919
Haven't listened to it with the Arya, but it's an outstanding amp with a ton of great features, and sounds wonderful with my Sundara, especially with Burson op-amps installed.

I think with 1000 milliwatts @ 32 ohms, it will drive the Arya V3 fine.
Just received an email from XDuoo that they are having a store-wide 15% sale on their site for 11/11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back