HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #4,967 of 11,876
Looks like it’s a pretty big change. The boomy bass is surprising, but not the upper midrange harshness or smaller soundstage. People complained about the same things with the HEKSE, which uses stealth magnets, compared with the HEKV2.

What better way to move drivers from an expensive model than stuffing them in the arya and make room for another revision in the HEK models.....who knows. I wish more of us could take quality measurements instead of all the subjective speculating.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #4,968 of 11,876
Wow, now I'm intrigued. I find it hard to believe that Hifiman would redesign one of the most successful headphones on the market in such a way that it totally changes the character of that headphone. But I suppose it's possible that's exactly what they did.

Which, now that I think about it, they sort of have a history of doing, don't they? :thinking: Glad I got my V2 earlier this year.

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #4,970 of 11,876
I would really like to see a review from @Resolve
He tackled the LCD-X revision this year.

Yes, him and Josh Valour. I believe the Arya is his favorite headphone.

This is really interesting. I'll eagerly wait for professional reviews, but if Hifiman potentially crapped on one of their most popular headphones, this is going to be a real popcorn moment!

Sep 16, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #4,972 of 11,876
I haven't had a chance to listen to my v3 yet but there's definitely going to be sound differences. If they just changed the magnets facing outward to curved (stealth) magnet it may have been minor, but the magnet facing your ears is totally different just check my image link above comparing it to my buddy's version he purchased a few years ago its totally different.

Sep 16, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #4,973 of 11,876
I haven't had a chance to listen to my v3 yet but there's definitely going to be sound differences. If they just changed the magnets facing outward to curved (stealth) magnet it may have been minor, but the magnet facing your ears is totally different just check my image link above comparing it to my buddy's version he purchased a few years ago its totally different.
I can’t tell which is which in the photos.

Sep 16, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #4,974 of 11,876
Even the sensitivity and impedance are different, moreover the spacing between magnets is different too if not wrong.

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #4,976 of 11,876
Even the planar tracing is different. It looks like an Anada now. That is a HUGE difference!

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #4,978 of 11,876
Yeah should have labeled them the square set of magnets is the older v2 the pictures are of the left driver
On the first picture is V3 on the left (up on the portrait image) or? :) V2 has rectangular magnet holder frame. Really big change indeed! Thanks for pictures.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #4,980 of 11,876
Thanks for photos - so when the photos are faced correctly from upside down (jack holes on lower side) - the right one is the older V2 and the left one is the new Stealth revision, isnt it?
I think yes. :wink: Looked at my V2 and has rectangular magnet frame. Magnet count on the inner side is different too 12 vs 13.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back