HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #4,771 of 11,944
Aug 30, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #4,773 of 11,944
DCA Ether 2 at $2300.
Ah yes, I forgot about DCA. Good call. I didn't forget about lcd-3, but it seems like a relic rather than a real offering at this point. Seems to me people buy the lcd-x or lcd-4. I've never heard of anyone deciding to buy a lcd-3. But I guess technically it IS still there to fill the gulf.

What I would really like to see is Meze or Final come out with a ~$2K-2500 offering. That would really shake things up, I think.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #4,774 of 11,944
Ah yes, I forgot about DCA. Good call. I didn't forget about lcd-3, but it seems like a relic rather than a real offering at this point. Seems to me people buy the lcd-x or lcd-4. I've never heard of anyone deciding to buy a lcd-3. But I guess technically it IS still there to fill the gulf.

What I would really like to see is Meze or Final come out with a ~$2500 offering. That would really shake things up, I think.

The LCD-3 occupies an odd place in the Audeze line-up. It's awfully colored to be an easy recommendation for people, especially when both the old LCD-X and the LCD-2C offer a similar flavor for less money, but without such an exaggerated dip in the upper mids. Where the LCD-X and LCD-XC saw updates to the sound and a lowering of the price, the LCD-3 remains stubbornly at $2000ish. At that price, I think most people are tempted to jump up the LCD-4, which can often be found for as low as $2200 for used or b-stock. You can sometimes find used LCD-3's for around $1100, but those are harder to find than any other LCD. Seems like it's about time for an LCD-3 refresh and a lower price point.

Aug 31, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #4,776 of 11,944
Does anyone here own an Arya and Susvara? Does the Arya have more bass in general?

Aug 31, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #4,777 of 11,944
I am currently A/B between my Arya and Ananda, the Arya is ever slightly more clear although the Ananda's are EXTREMELY clear as well. The Arya soundstage is massive but I truly enjoy the Ananda's more because the Arya sounds more clinical and less fun... do they HE1000se sound more similar to Ananda's tonality?

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #4,780 of 11,944
I would like to try the Arya someday as I heard it was a ananda on steroids.

Well, if steroids increase bass extension and slam, widen soundstage, and improve resolution, then you've heard correctly.

Aug 31, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #4,781 of 11,944
question: meme empyrean a step up from the Arya or just lateral?
The Empyrean is built like a $3K headphone and the Arya is built like a $300 headphone, but the Arya has a wow-factor that the Meze doesn't have...

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #4,783 of 11,944
I would like to try the Arya someday as I heard it was a ananda on steroids.
See my previous post... adding that the Ananda sounds like a great HP (but still a HP), while the Arya is a great listening experience (with the right recording and upstream gear). The Arya shows off texture with notes that can be actually felt, but in my owning both the Ananda doesn't have that capability. The Arya also has a much blacker background, with notes coming from out of nowhere and seemingly without boundaries. Still impressive even after a year of ownership.

Aug 31, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #4,785 of 11,944
Yeah, the plastic they use does not have a premium feel to it. For an MSRP of 1600 they could do better.
I feel like the build quality of Arya, like all Hifiman headphones, is a toss up. On one hand the plastic feels cheap and flimsy, but on the other hand it's very light and hella comfortable. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back