HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #4,741 of 11,883
Is this an Arya V3?
I'm not sure how many iterations of Arya. That one I tried was brand new unit from factory.

I upgraded to Arya from Ananda a few months ago and will say that yes, Arya is superior in just about every way. IMHO, I don't feel like the Arya are 'worth' 2x+ the cost of Ananda, but that's how just about everything goes when you cross a certain line in audio. I don't regret upgrading, but do sometimes miss the Ananda... some songs are actually less enjoyable with the extra soundstage & imaging to me.
Could be because Ananda has a little more midrange presence than Arya. Midrange area is crucial for musical feel.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #4,742 of 11,883
I'm not sure how many iterations of Arya. That one I tried was brand new unit from factory.
Did the box have the stealth magnet sticker on it

Attachments

• arya-stealth-magnet-box-sticker.jpg
    arya-stealth-magnet-box-sticker.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 0
Aug 27, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #4,743 of 11,883
Is the majority Arya>Ananda from those who have A/B tested them and if price is no object? General music listening, strong stack, lossless.

To me the Arya was a definite improvement in every aspect over the Ananda. From fit to aesthetics to all aspects of sound, there was nothing I preferred on the Ananda. Nor can I think of much that would even arguably be an objective improvement. People often use percentages to convey better, but for me it comes down to: I wouldn't own the Ananda, even if the Arya didn't exist, but I would buy the Arya at full price.

Aug 27, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #4,745 of 11,883
It was posted on Reddit that the new Arya silent revision comes with stealth magnet similarly found on their flagship HE1000se. My local retailer just confirmed with me as well that the new revision uses stealth magnet. Anyone listened to both versions so far?
Just saw that as well. Crazy! Even sensitivity and impedance are different on the new sets. Although I'm happy with my V2...I guess I'll just hope I never hear the new version to compare mine to :sweat_smile:

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #4,746 of 11,883
Just saw that as well. Crazy! Even sensitivity and impedance are different on the new sets. Although I'm happy with my V2...I guess I'll just hope I never hear the new version to compare mine to :sweat_smile:
Well it looks now like instead of them releasing a confusing array of endless new models, they're instead releasing a confusing array of endless same-name models that are different. The least they could do is officially call them Vwhatever and have that clearly indicated on the box and the headphones themselves somehow. At the moment it's as confusing as the Stax SR-007 MK2 which has at least 3 versions which serial numbers can't even determine.

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #4,747 of 11,883
Well it looks now like instead of them releasing a confusing array of endless new models, they're instead releasing a confusing array of endless same-name models that are different. The least they could do is officially call them Vwhatever and have that clearly indicated on the box and the headphones themselves somehow. At the moment it's as confusing as the Stax SR-007 MK2 which has at least 3 versions which serial numbers can't even determine.
It just feels a little dishonest. I bet they don't want their customers trading in their recent purchases for the new editions. They're making it look like they're sticking with their big "sankrit" models, like the Sundara, Ananda, Arya, etc. But in reality those are changing just as much as the HE400, HE400i, HE400s, HE400i 2020, HE400se...

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #4,749 of 11,883
I know there are only stock pads for this headphone, but has anyone gone through the process of replacing them ? How was it, any tips ?

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #4,751 of 11,883
I upgraded to Arya from Ananda a few months ago and will say that yes, Arya is superior in just about every way. IMHO, I don't feel like the Arya are 'worth' 2x+ the cost of Ananda, but that's how just about everything goes when you cross a certain line in audio. I don't regret upgrading, but do sometimes miss the Ananda... some songs are actually less enjoyable with the extra soundstage & imaging to me.
Totally agree with this & it's not just the Ananda the HE5XX was another i miss the sound off.

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #4,752 of 11,883
haha, I'm in the other boat... love the HE5XX sig and really want to try the Arya. Someone talk me out of it please, should I be happy with the HE5XX?

I feel like I should be, since I like headphones that are good with metal music, and I feel the HE5XX may be better than the Arya for that.

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #4,753 of 11,883
haha, I'm in the other boat... love the HE5XX sig and really want to try the Arya. Someone talk me out of it please, should I be happy with the HE5XX?

I feel like I should be, since I like headphones that are good with metal music, and I feel the HE5XX may be better than the Arya for that.
HE5XX is Far better for Metal music. Arya is almost a No Go for many metal bands. You will literally regret the upgrade! & that is speaking from experience.

I've done all i can, you know you are going to buy the Arya anyway so best get it over & done with! :L3000:

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #4,754 of 11,883
HE5XX is Far better for Metal music. Arya is almost a No Go for many metal bands. You will literally regret the upgrade! & that is speaking from experience.

I've done all i can, you know you are going to buy the Arya anyway so best get it over & done with! :L3000:

I think you'll be right :D I would gladly swap my HD800S for an Arya though...

Aug 27, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #4,755 of 11,883
Hi all im the guy from reddit with the new Arya, more than happy to answer any questions (however im Not going to be taking these apart as i had super bad luck with the Sundara i bought last month breaking on me when i took the pads off to replace them with a pair of Dekoni), please note that i am kind of new to all of this but i'll see what i can do, at the moment im doing some listening with them plugged into various devices, to see how they run.
i should be able to compare them to the HE 400i(2020) , sennheiser HD6xx,58x,595,599,598 but not the sundara as they're boxed up and about to get sent back to the retailer as an RMA. some of the devices I will be checking them with are iphone 12 with apple dongle, Schiit mangi 3 heresy,Fiio m6 Fiio q3, k3, Q1 mark II, ipad mini4/5 pro (2017 10.5), Asus M ITX b550 motherboard, and in a few days a Hiby R5 pro.. If anyone has any suggestions as to what songs i should use please let me know, I was planning on using some songs that i know well such has Nine inch nails Gone, Still. , Tool, Reflection, The Eagles Hotel California, Quake Aftermath. open to suggestions and i hope i can be of some help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back