HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #3,918 of 11,880
150 hours is what HFM customer service told me when I was inquiring about my upgrade from Ananda and what I could expect. I've also seen it posted elsewhere -- maybe even on the HFM site. There's no magic about the 150 hours, but it is probably a guestimate after which Arya will have settled in and achieved the sound it will have going forward. A worst case estimate I would imagine as one could get there sooner I suppose.

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #3,919 of 11,880
I thought the vocals could be a bit too forward and the treble was a bit too much but it's really not that bad and could probably be adjusted with a different amp. Also I wanted more bass impact.

I know your being sarcastic but for both I used my 3.5mm Hart Audio cable which work very well. also I read somewhere that Arya is sensitive to impedance changes which could explain some of this cable talk
Sorry for butting in but planars generally are not too picky as far as impedance changes, meaning their bass/mid balance doesn't change with output impedance and they have a flat impedance value. IMO, where Arya is sensitive is in system matching. Meaning they will tell you about your recording's quality and upstream gear - warm, bright, rolled off, detailed, etc. I matched mine up with a neutral DAC and a slightly warm class A amp. You driving your he6 with a speaker amp? How do you like it?

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #3,920 of 11,880
Sorry for butting in but planars generally are not too picky as far as impedance changes, meaning their bass/mid balance doesn't change with output impedance and they have a flat impedance value. IMO, where Arya is sensitive is in system matching. Meaning they will tell you about your recording's quality and upstream gear - warm, bright, rolled off, detailed, etc. I matched mine up with a neutral DAC and a slightly warm class A amp. You driving your he6 with a speaker amp? How do you like it?
ah youre right. Not sure why I thought that wouldnt really make sense now that I think about it. Im running them off the topping a30 pro which is sounding very nice. has no problem making the bass come out. To me its quite different than arya but I like both.

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #3,921 of 11,880
ah youre right. Not sure why I thought that wouldnt really make sense now that I think about it. Im running them off the topping a30 pro which is sounding very nice. has no problem making the bass come out. To me its quite different than arya but I like both.
No worries, same team. Everything isn't for everybody as, far as the Arya goes. Mine have changed in the time I've owned them - much less harsh, great soundstaging and imaging.

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #3,922 of 11,880
Even listening to he6 now there are things about arya I miss but there hard to pinpoint without it with me. Best I can describe is arya is expansive and gentle, he6 is intimate and intense. But sometimes arya can be intense and he6 can be expansive if that makes sense lol.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #3,923 of 11,880
Even listening to he6 now there are things about arya I miss but there hard to pinpoint without it with me. Best I can describe is arya is expansive and gentle, he6 is intimate and intense. But sometimes arya can be intense and he6 can be expansive if that makes sense lol.
Yup, I get it. Let's enjoy the ride haha

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #3,924 of 11,880
There are plenty of pseudoscience cable forums, why do you keep pushing it here other than trolling and enjoying the negative attention?
You are just amazing, and your system of inference.
The topic was dedicated to those who are interested, and those who are not interested, they do not join the topic,and uncultured (trolling) is engaging in a thread that doesn’t interest you with ridicule .If there are no interested parties - there is no topic.and it would have been long overdue
A masochist? That's the name of the one who defends himself from vicious comments
I know that what I am writing has no effect on you, but at least I have tried
You are very tiring and destructive

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #3,925 of 11,880
You are just amazing, and your system of inference.
The topic was dedicated to those who are interested, and those who are not interested, they do not join the topic,and uncultured (trolling) is engaging in a thread that doesn’t interest you with ridicule .If there are no interested parties - there is no topic.and it would have been long overdue
A masochist? That's the name of the one who defends himself from vicious comments
I know that what I am writing has no effect on you, but at least I have tried
You are very tiring and destructive
Cat fight!

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #3,926 of 11,880
150 hours is what HFM customer service told me when I was inquiring about my upgrade from Ananda and what I could expect. I've also seen it posted elsewhere -- maybe even on the HFM site. There's no magic about the 150 hours, but it is probably a guestimate after which Arya will have settled in and achieved the sound it will have going forward. A worst case estimate I would imagine as one could get there sooner I suppose.
It took mine 2-3 days to "settle"

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #3,928 of 11,880
For me, break-in/burn-in is more of an evolution of the sound than a revolution of sound. The improvements were subtle and nuanced but noticeable.

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #3,929 of 11,880
Mine have around 100 hours and never really noticed major changes. The bass was a bit loose when new but that went away, I was hoping for the hollowness in the vocals to subside a bit but no luck
Arya will not have the body in the vocal range like some other cans do. It is a function of the very open and spacious sound signature.

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #3,930 of 11,880
For me, break-in/burn-in is more of an evolution of the sound than a revolution of sound. The improvements were subtle and nuanced but noticeable.
I was only ever able to compare burned in and new pair of headphones and the difference was very noticeable. It wasn't with Arya, but with Diana V2, where I had a loaner demo that sounded fine, but the new pair sounded like a tin in comparison, very metallic. I played around 40 hours of white noise and it solved the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back