HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 30, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #3,886 of 11,880
Placebo works both ways
That’s not how this works. 😂
Show measurements where 5000$ cables affect dynamic range, SINAD, THD in *any* positive way.
The burden of proof is on the people selling 5000$ cables, similarly to how the burden of proof is on people claiming the Earth is flat. We already have measurements proving it’s non-sense. The other side always falls short with their proof for some reason…you just have to trust some random guy on the internet/their hearing or in this case literally a salesman with direct financial interests in the subject.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #3,887 of 11,880
That’s not how this works. 😂
Show measurements where 5000$ cables affect dynamic range, SINAD, THD in *any* positive way.
The burden of proof is on the people selling 5000$ cables, similarly to how the burden of proof is on people claiming the Earth is flat. We already have measurements proving it’s non-sense. The other side always falls short with their proof for some reason…you just have to trust some random guy on the internet/their hearing or in this case literally a salesman with direct financial interests in the subject.
Arya is a great headphone, isn't it?

May 31, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #3,888 of 11,880
WOW you opened my eyes, I can't believe my ears anymore
Thank you very much
https://audio46.com/blogs/headphones/do-headphone-cables-make-a-difference

The silver section is everything i described about the upgrade cable. Its lively and opens soundstage. Very covincing when u add the Arya's resolving capabilities and imaging. And yes the subwoofer bass too its like you are in the same room with the sound. Like a speaker setup with the mic right there.

Which is a good cable to get then? Silver or copper (suspecting silver since you said high frequencies) prefereably something in the 500 dollar range.
For the Arya i would recommend a litz silver cable.
https://arcticcables.com/Catalog.asp?Page=NewShowProd.asp&PRodID=1733908

You can probably find a Litz silver custom cable for way less. I only paid around $300 for mine.

Which is a good cable to get then? Silver or copper (suspecting silver since you said high frequencies) prefereably something in the 500 dollar range.
Arctic Cables Neotech SONY MDR-Z1R MDR-Z7 8 Core Litz 19AWG UPOCC High-End Cable. Was the one i bought from ebay. It was cheaper because it was only 19 Awg for about $250-300

May 31, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #3,889 of 11,880
Idk why u find it funny its the truth. Google that cable word for word and see the post related to it on headfi.org. The drivers on the Arya is capable of amazing resolution in all the frequencies but the stock cable really is holding it back. You really notice a night a day difference when you watch on youtube speaker system demos. With the Artic cable you are in the room with the microphone. Absolutely zero veil between you and the speakers. You hear every reflection of sound the microphone picks up. With the stock cable its just not as real and more of those higher frequencies not coming through. You gotta understand the Arya images all the information it recieves with accuracy and when you feed it all the higher frequencies its missing that's true to real life, the headphone becomes true to life sounding. Its one amazing headphone with amazing drivers. To be honest I would go as far as to say the change is sound is worth at least 4-6k with the new cable. I havent heard the survara but this is what i imagine it sounding like. Or the flagship Abyss Ab-1266 Phi TC headphone. The reviews on the Abyss is exactly what I'm hearing with my Aryas with the Artic cables. Its a night and day difference. I feel so lucky to have found this unicorn of a combo at the Arya's price point.
I recommend dipping the Arctic cable into liquid nitrogen to make it a superconductor, lowering the resistance of the cable and restoring details which the artists don't even realise existed

May 31, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #3,890 of 11,880
Well my other headphone is a ZMF Atticus so I'm covered in terms of warm/bassy signature, literally the only issue I'm having with the Aryas are that "s" sounds are just a little too piercing especially at high volumes, everything else about the headphone I really like. I've only had the Arya for about 2 weeks though so do you think the issue would become less of a problem with more burn-in?
I'd say give it more time as well as playing pink noise overnights (burn in wave generator app). Took the edge off my set and opened up the bass and soundstage layering. I still occasionally get sibilance but it's more about a SPC cable (with bright recordings) I bought on the cheap side - not as much with pure copper.

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #3,891 of 11,880
https://audio46.com/blogs/headphones/do-headphone-cables-make-a-difference

The silver section is everything i described about the upgrade cable. Its lively and opens soundstage. Very covincing when u add the Arya's resolving capabilities and imaging. And yes the subwoofer bass too its like you are in the same room with the sound. Like a speaker setup with the mic right there.

For the Arya i would recommend a litz silver cable.
https://arcticcables.com/Catalog.asp?Page=NewShowProd.asp&PRodID=1733908

You can probably find a Litz silver custom cable for way less. I only paid around $300 for mine.

Arctic Cables Neotech SONY MDR-Z1R MDR-Z7 8 Core Litz 19AWG UPOCC High-End Cable. Was the one i bought from ebay. It was cheaper because it was only 19 Awg for about $250-300
When the headphones are in full size, I don't change the checked-Cardas Clear Light-, this one currently on Arya is balanced and I paid 200e for 1.5m (used). It gives a completely clean tone, small details are shown with it, the tone has better texture (more noticeable), and I love it on headphones with a big stage, because it makes that stage even more spacious. GU-craftsman has good strings and cheap ones, but I stick to the proven one.
_Added_
headphone cables do not give dynamics or can reduce the THD that is already on the headphones, they do not have the magic to make mediocre devices superior, but the cables show the devices as they are,and it is such a change of the whole presentation, that you would not believe it
There are cables that emphasize some frequencies. Cardas Clear Light does nothing, it just gives exceptional sound clarity, and therefore in that clarity there are details that less clean cables cannot perform.
BTW-I crave full-blooded-- Cardas Clear

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #3,892 of 11,880
....And virtually all of my Arya's sibilance disappears by far after my Gustard h20 is good and warm from playing for about 20-30 minutes, even with the cheap-ish SPC cable for the GoldPlanar GL2000. Harmonics and smoothness increase too. +1 for class A goodness with Arya.

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #3,893 of 11,880
....And virtually all of my Arya's sibilance disappears by far after my Gustard h20 is good and warm from playing for about 20-30 minutes, even with the cheap-ish SPC cable for the GoldPlanar GL2000. Harmonics and smoothness increase too. +1 for class A goodness with Arya.
That's good to hear :) I'm still waiting on my Singxer SA-1 (been stuck in customs for over a week now :/)

May 31, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #3,895 of 11,880
Just out of curiosity, has anyone here heard the HE6SE and can tell how it compares to the Arya?
I sold my Arya and went for the he6sev2 blind buy

Arya:
-Slightly more width and much more depth(3d stage)
-A bit more detail
-More sub bass
-More treble extension

He6
-More dynamic and tactile, more slam and feeling to bass and lower mids
-vocals pulled back slightly
-Treble more smoothed out
-More mid bass

May 31, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #3,896 of 11,880

Arya:
-A bit more detail
-More sub bass
-More treble extension

He6
-More mid bass
What made you decide to sell the Arya if you don't mind me asking?

May 31, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #3,897 of 11,880

Arya:
-A bit more detail
-More sub bass
-More treble extension

He6
-More mid bass

I’ll need to know if these tests were performed with silver cables or with vanilla copper cables?

May 31, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #3,898 of 11,880
What made you decide to sell the Arya if you don't mind me asking?
I thought the vocals could be a bit too forward and the treble was a bit too much but it's really not that bad and could probably be adjusted with a different amp. Also I wanted more bass impact.
I’ll need to know if these tests were performed with silver cables or with vanilla copper cables?
I know your being sarcastic but for both I used my 3.5mm Hart Audio cable which work very well. also I read somewhere that Arya is sensitive to impedance changes which could explain some of this cable talk

May 31, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #3,899 of 11,880
I thought the vocals could be a bit too forward and the treble was a bit too much but it's really not that bad and could probably be adjusted with a different amp. Also I wanted more bass impact.

I know your being sarcastic but for both I used my 3.5mm Hart Audio cable which work very well. also I read somewhere that Arya is sensitive to impedance changes which could explain some of this cable talk
Hey I also use the Hart cable system and find them a fine choice for going balanced.

I had actually bought a litz silver cable at one point someone was claiming on hifiguides that Hart cables sounded veiled (after all they are lowly cheap copper cables). So I tried a couple other cables at 3-15x the cost. Returned them all after a week and kept the Hart system.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #3,900 of 11,880
Hey I also use the Hart cable system and find them a fine choice for going balanced.

I had actually bought a litz silver cable at one point someone was claiming on hifiguides that Hart cables sounded veiled (after all they are lowly cheap copper cables). So I tried a couple other cables at 3-15x the cost. Returned them all after a week and kept the Hart system.
May I ask in view of your abundant sarcasm
Why did you need to change the stock cable?
One more question
what is your source for Arya?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back