HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 30, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #3,873 of 11,881
There are IEMs in the similar price range as this, like the new IE900. If dac and amping isn't an issue, are the sound benefits overall better in open backs compared to similarly priced IEMs? I've been going back and forth way too much on the Arya or the 900 and I can't decide which would sound better.

I always wanted to try a planar but I fear the roll off.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #3,874 of 11,881
May 30, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #3,875 of 11,881
There are IEMs in the similar price range as this, like the new IE900. If dac and amping isn't an issue, are the sound benefits overall better in open backs compared to similarly priced IEMs? I've been going back and forth way too much on the Arya or the 900 and I can't decide which would sound better.

If you don’t have experience with either or with similar gear in this price range the only way to find out would be to buy both and return the less desirable one IMO.

The tuning between these two is pretty different just judging by the frequency response graphs. The Arya will surely have a MUCH bigger soundstage, layering and sound more neutral.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #3,876 of 11,881

My Solaris SE has an overall similar sound to the Arya, it’s a fantastic IEM, but it can’t compare to the Arya because of the air between the drivers, and the whole frequency range is fuller on the Arya.
Maybe this helps

May 30, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #3,877 of 11,881
Yeah, and plus I heard how the curved shaped of the outer hear helps to localize sound, which is how you can tell if something is behind you or not. IEMs bypass the outer ear, conjesting the stage to that effect.

I guess it's going to be the Arya then, but used in tandem with my secret weapon when it arrives in August. :wink:

Appreciate those replies.

May 30, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #3,878 of 11,881
Thank you for your post, I had a burst of laughter (sorry if you meant it)

And yours has kept me in a good mood for a long time
Idk why u find it funny its the truth. Google that cable word for word and see the post related to it on headfi.org. The drivers on the Arya is capable of amazing resolution in all the frequencies but the stock cable really is holding it back. You really notice a night a day difference when you watch on youtube speaker system demos. With the Artic cable you are in the room with the microphone. Absolutely zero veil between you and the speakers. You hear every reflection of sound the microphone picks up. With the stock cable its just not as real and more of those higher frequencies not coming through. You gotta understand the Arya images all the information it recieves with accuracy and when you feed it all the higher frequencies its missing that's true to real life, the headphone becomes true to life sounding. Its one amazing headphone with amazing drivers. To be honest I would go as far as to say the change is sound is worth at least 4-6k with the new cable. I havent heard the survara but this is what i imagine it sounding like. Or the flagship Abyss Ab-1266 Phi TC headphone. The reviews on the Abyss is exactly what I'm hearing with my Aryas with the Artic cables. Its a night and day difference. I feel so lucky to have found this unicorn of a combo at the Arya's price point.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #3,879 of 11,881
Which is a good cable to get then? Silver or copper (suspecting silver since you said high frequencies) prefereably something in the 500 dollar range.

May 30, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #3,881 of 11,881
Which is a good cable to get then? Silver or copper (suspecting silver since you said high frequencies) prefereably something in the 500 dollar range.
Stick to the stock cable or in the 50-150$ for balanced. Ignore claims about sound quality and think more in terms of cable length, coating quality/feel requirements.

May 30, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #3,882 of 11,881
Idk why u find it funny its the truth. Google that cable word for word and see the post related to it on headfi.org. The drivers on the Arya is capable of amazing resolution in all the frequencies but the stock cable really is holding it back. You really notice a night a day difference when you watch on youtube speaker system demos. With the Artic cable you are in the room with the microphone. Absolutely zero veil between you and the speakers. You hear every reflection of sound the microphone picks up. With the stock cable its just not as real and more of those higher frequencies not coming through. You gotta understand the Arya images all the information it recieves with accuracy and when you feed it all the higher frequencies its missing that's true to real life, the headphone becomes true to life sounding. Its one amazing headphone with amazing drivers. To be honest I would go as far as to say the change is sound is worth at least 4-6k with the new cable. I havent heard the survara but this is what i imagine it sounding like. Or the flagship Abyss Ab-1266 Phi TC headphone. The reviews on the Abyss is exactly what I'm hearing with my Aryas with the Artic cables. Its a night and day difference. I feel so lucky to have found this unicorn of a combo at the Arya's price point.
This is not a good thread to talk about improving the sound on the Arya by upgrading the cables. I believe there are those interested in the topic, but those who have not heard any upgrade cable are so loud in their assumption that they disprove other people's experiences,and do not allow experiences to be exchanged between those who are interested for that topic

Last edited by a moderator:
May 30, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #3,885 of 11,881
Thick silver for the win.

I think Abyss sells this size.
-
-

1622420714441.png

-
1622420897539.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back