HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 19, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #1,846 of 11,880
I got my Arya today. Can anyone tell me if this is the new revision or the old, please?
Looks like new one to me, what production Date is on the back of the package?

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,848 of 11,880
I can't see a production date on the back.
HIFIMAN-Arya-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Over-The-Ear-Flagship-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-30.jpg

This is a screen from the Web, the right Code ends in 2018 45
Meaning week 45 of year 2018. This is the production date.
At least thats what I Think.

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #1,849 of 11,880
I got my Arya today. Can anyone tell me if this is the new revision or the old, please?
Also, the ear pads on the new revision do not have dust screens since dust screens are now attached on the cups to protect the diaphragm.

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #1,852 of 11,880
I don't know if there's a word for this, but listening to the Arya for a couple of hours now, they sound both wide in stage and intimate at the same time. Sound is coming from everywhere. Even songs I would usually skip on albums sound great with these headphones.

It's amazing how headphones can make songs you've known and grown up with sound completely different, like new.

Jun 19, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #1,853 of 11,880
Empys have basically zero listening fatigue and complement the Arya, I'd recommend returning the ether 2 and getting the Empyrean
For some reason your insidious suggestion has been replaying non-stop in me head all day long, luring me slowly but too surely down that proverbial rabbit hole lol Am actually giving this some serious consideration... Only downer is, don't have the financial resources of some of the dedicated head-fiers around here, so both the Ether 2 and the Arya would have to go in order for the Empy to become a reality... :p

Jun 20, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #1,854 of 11,880
Jun 20, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #1,855 of 11,880
For some reason your insidious suggestion has been replaying non-stop in me head all day long, luring me slowly but too surely down that proverbial rabbit hole lol Am actually giving this some serious consideration... Only downer is, don't have the financial resources of some of the dedicated head-fiers around here, so both the Ether 2 and the Arya would have to go in order for the Empy to become a reality... :p
In this case I recommend still returning the Ether 2 for full money, but waiting with the purchase of the Empyrean.

For me the Empyrean is the best headphone out there, but if you can only get it by selling everything else, you should At least be able to hear it before Doing so

Jun 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #1,857 of 11,880
Jun 20, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #1,858 of 11,880
Anyone know a good place to buy an aftermarket cable in the UK? The stock cable is too short for me. I need at least 2.5m length.
I was actually about to pull the trigger on a Red cable from WyWires since they have their 40% off sale right now, and it looks like they have EU pricing options. I can't seem to confirm that they have international shipping though just with Google-fu, so you may want to sling them an email to check.

Jun 20, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #1,859 of 11,880
I’m thinking about picking up an Arya but I keep coming across concerns of the recent revisions. Does anybody have any experience with both versions? Hifiman claims they measure the same. I’m debating if I should buy a recent one or see if I can find an original.

Edit: I ordered them. I'll provide some impressions when they come in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back