HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 24, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #1,876 of 11,882
I received my Arya's today. I started to get buyers remorse for spending this much money. New to the hobby. I had to know though what the hype was all about. I just got done listening for about two hours. Time flew by. On some songs they were absolutely breathtaking. I must have said WOW more than a few times. How in the hell does this headphone do what they do? On other songs they were good, but man was there a difference. I plan to write a long impression post later. I need some more time to wrap my brain around the sounds I am hearing. Can anyone recommend a list of great songs? I will make a short list myself and share them with my impressions. I am still speechless on what I just heard. It's like an out of body experience with your eyes closed. These are not going back!!!

Check my list, it's a huge list but I am sure it will introduce you to many great bands/songs that sound heavenly with Arya.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #1,877 of 11,882
I received my Arya's today. I started to get buyers remorse for spending this much money. New to the hobby. I had to know though what the hype was all about. I just got done listening for about two hours. Time flew by. On some songs they were absolutely breathtaking. I must have said WOW more than a few times. How in the hell does this headphone do what they do? On other songs they were good, but man was there a difference. I plan to write a long impression post later. I need some more time to wrap my brain around the sounds I am hearing. Can anyone recommend a list of great songs? I will make a short list myself and share them with my impressions. I am still speechless on what I just heard. It's like an out of body experience with your eyes closed. These are not going back!!!

Hmm, I don't know your musical preferences, so here goes with my suggestions from my Arya to yours:

Alpha - "Elvis" from Stargazing
Be Forest - "Colours" from Earthbeat
The Blaze - "She" from Dancehall
Catherine Leduc - "Tes sommets sont mes montagnes" from Un bras de distance avec le soleil
Candace - "Rewind" from New Ruins
The Cinematic Orchestra - "Reel Life (Evolution II)" from Man with a Movie Camera soundtrack
Cocosuma - "Daisy's Face" from Reindeer Show the Way
Daniel Lanois - "San Juan" from Shine
The Dwindlers - "How the Ostrich Became a Girl and Her Bicycle" from Allegories
Jack Wall - "The Citadel" from the Mass Effect soundtrack
Jeff Buckley - "Hallelujah" from Grace
Jeremy Soule - Skyrim soundtrack
Khruangbin and Leon Bridges - "Texas Sun" from Texas Sun EP
My Bloody Valentine - "Sometimes" from Loveless
Pink Floyd - "Goodbye Blue Sky" from The Wall [2011 remastered] (EMI 50999 028944 2 3)
Ramin Djawadi - "Main Title" from the Game of Thrones soundtrack
Shoji Yamashiro - "Kaneda" from Akira [2002 Symphonic Suite]
Woob - "Creek" from 4495
Yosi Horikawa - "Bubbles" from the Wandering EP

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #1,878 of 11,882
Arya vs HE-1000 V1: I am looking at an offer of a used HE-1000 V1 for £1300 but that is (about) the same as a brand new Arya. Having heard that the Arya is using the same ribbon and magnet as the V1, is there any reason, apart from the looks, to go for the V1 instead of an Arya?

I didn't hear them vs each other, but I'd say the Arya rocks better in the bass and the v1 has a brighter treble with more definition,

I've been saying since December that HFM would come out with a Arya2 in the Fall of '20. Given that the HE6se isn't being made and they are selling off the HEK v2, there is a big gap in the prices. US Ananda $699 Arya1 $1199, Arya2 $1799, and mystery name $2499....

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #1,879 of 11,882
I didn't hear them vs each other, but I'd say the Arya rocks better in the bass and the v1 has a brighter treble with more definition,

I've been saying since December that HFM would come out with a Arya2 in the Fall of '20. Given that the HE6se isn't being made and they are selling off the HEK v2, there is a big gap in the prices. US Ananda $699 Arya1 $1199, Arya2 $1799, and mystery name $2499....
Arya 1 would dominate everything at that price an below.

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #1,881 of 11,882
Jun 25, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #1,882 of 11,882
Arya 1 would dominate everything at that price an below.

Yes, I agree. Based on what they have for costs they could probably sell them factory direct for $199 and still make nice money. The Sundara and Ananda would hold enough market share to keep going in the HFM universe at that prices, some people think $1k+ is insane for a headphone.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #1,884 of 11,882
Hello,

i want to spend my money on an Arya after I sold my Focal clear.
are there any expectations, that the price will fall in the next few weeks?
The earliest guesses of some are this fall ( so likely at least 4-5 months).
There is nothing official that these guesses are based on but mere rumors.
Considering that the Arya punches well above its price tag makes it rather unlikely that it will drop in price.

Personally I think it is still save to buy a new unit right now.
However I wanted to let you know about rumors and gut feelings.

Jun 28, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #1,885 of 11,882
Any recommend portable amp or dac amp that match with Arya?
I think of aroma A100 or Woo WA11 but not sure if it will match.

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #1,886 of 11,882
Check my list, it's a huge list but I am sure it will introduce you to many great bands/songs that sound heavenly with Arya.

The song in number 3 is by a Turkish singer. Are you Turkish? Turkish music isn't very popular outside of Turkey. :)

Has anyone compared Arya/Ananda/Clear bass? Which one do you think has most? I like all kinds of music but I'm addicted to good bass slam.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #1,887 of 11,882
Any recommend portable amp or dac amp that match with Arya?
I think of aroma A100 or Woo WA11 but not sure if it will match.

Chord Mojo.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #1,888 of 11,882
The song in number 3 is by a Turkish singer. Are you Turkish? Turkish music isn't very popular outside of Turkey. :)

Has anyone compared Arya/Ananda/Clear bass? Which one do you think has most? I like all kinds of music but I'm addicted to good bass slam.
Arya definitely has the best Bass of those 3.

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #1,889 of 11,882

I have the Arya and Clear. Arya definitely has better bass but if slam is your thing consider the LCD-X.

Jun 28, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,890 of 11,882

Yes I am :) We have some hidden gems, unfortunately Turkish Music is not well known in U.S. There are some pretty popular Turkish Singers in Europe tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back