HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 6, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #1,186 of 11,913
I have owned the he1000v2 (before upgrading to the he1000se) and have demoed the arya and i disagree

Can you tell us differences you found between Arya and HE-1000 V2?

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #1,187 of 11,913
Can you tell us differences you found between Arya and HE-1000 V2?
Take my comments with some grains of salt as my demo of the arya was brief-ish in order to compare them with the he100v2 that i then owned.
I certainly don't post my views as gospel

The he1000v2 had more detail and top end detail. Sound was more defined /more precise (the he1000se are a bit moreso). The bottom end was slightly laid back in the hekv2 but nice extension. I remember the arya bottom end being noticeable fuller but less detailed as part of that.

mids were pretty similar

I believe there is bigger soundstage in the hekv2

The main thing i remember when i put the aryas on was that they were more tuned to a fun full sound. Nice and rich. Less detailed (relatively speaking) but nice and full. Hence i did not think they sounded the same. I believe the arya may had more separation than the he1000v2 but that's from memory only - at least i remember having that initial impression at the time.

Let's just say the arya are a fuller fun sound and the he1000v2 are more detailed with great extension and precision.

The arya would be greatly suited for rock and seemed that would be nicely forgiving

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #1,189 of 11,913
I have to write short, yet a very positive feedback on Hifiman Customer Service. :) I truly like my Aryas but certainly in 2 or 3 years I will be looking for an upgrade. Maybe a higher model of Hifiman. I had to make sure that my Aryas will be in a good condition for resell then, so I have contacted Hifiman for replacement parts. I decided to order headband and earpads in advance in case they stop manufacturing them. However, I was unable to find out if parts sold in Hifiman online store are compatible with Aryas, so I have emailed them. I am really satisfied with their approach. Response was quick and they explained that earpads offered in online store would fit Aryas while new comfort headband would not. Fortunately, I was able to easily order everything via email and I was given a choice to order just headstrap or full headband. They also sent me some photos. Finally, I ordered full headband with strap and earpads. Shipping from Hong Kong to Europe took just 3 working days. Really, really cool.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #1,190 of 11,913
I have to write short, yet a very positive feedback on Hifiman Customer Service. :) I truly like my Aryas but certainly in 2 or 3 years I will be looking for an upgrade. Maybe a higher model of Hifiman. I had to make sure that my Aryas will be in a good condition for resell then, so I have contacted Hifiman for replacement parts. I decided to order headband and earpads in advance in case they stop manufacturing them. However, I was unable to find out if parts sold in Hifiman online store are compatible with Aryas, so I have emailed them. I am really satisfied with their approach. Response was quick and they explained that earpads offered in online store would fit Aryas while new comfort headband would not. Fortunately, I was able to easily order everything via email and I was given a choice to order just headstrap or full headband. They also sent me some photos. Finally, I ordered full headband with strap and earpads. Shipping from Hong Kong to Europe took just 3 working days. Really, really cool.

Well thank you for the kind words, we do like to help if we can and I shall pass this onto the team!

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 10, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #1,192 of 11,913
Arya got more fun and full sound than the HE1000SE too right?
And could you tell us how does the V2 compared to SE as well?
Thanks! :)
The common view in the he1000 thread, that I agree with, is that the se (vs the v2) is more focussed in sound, tighter bass and slightly better managed (less potential bright/harsh top end). However I also liked the bottom end in the v2 too - a little rounder.

Re “fun” the he1000 is more of a “serious” detailed offering/tone, say in the group with the utopia or hd800

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #1,194 of 11,913
Just bought my Arya, should come next week!

I will be pairing this with RME ADI2 that I have, coming from Aeon Flow Closed, how much big a jump is this?
It will definitely be a pretty big jump. I demo'd the Aeon for about 10 minutes and almost fell asleep. Congrats on the purchase. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,195 of 11,913
Haha
It will definitely be a pretty big jump. I demo'd the Aeon for about 10 minutes and almost fell asleep. Congrats on the purchase. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Thanks! Haha well to be honest when I bought the Aeons they were claimed as giant killers Tyll was in love with them, i quite liked it! But it's time to move on from those!

Waiting is the crappy part! Do I need an aftermarket cable for this or is the stock good enough?

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #1,197 of 11,913
@MidFiMoney how would you say the Arya and Elex are similar and different from each other?

And assuming you believe in burn in, does the Arya change a lot in the process? And if yes, in what ways?

Thanks.

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #1,198 of 11,913
Just bought my Arya, should come next week!
I will be pairing this with RME ADI2 that I have, coming from Aeon Flow Closed, how much big a jump is this?

HUGE IMO. I was auditioning Aeons two years ago and I found them flat sounding without impact and emotion.Too polite for me. Arya is opposite. Entertaining with full sound, yet not fatiguing during longer listening sessions.

And assuming you believe in burn in, does the Arya change a lot in the process? And if yes, in what ways?
Thanks.
I audited test pair in audio store and instantly felt in love. Clear, forward vocal, nicely separated from instruments. Perfect amount of bass and sub bass - they can hit hard when needed but do not overwhelm you with boomy bass all the time. Sparkling treble. I auditioned 20+ HPs before them and it was he one that gave me WOW effect. I instantly knew that Arya is what I was looking for. When I unboxed mine I was absolutely disappointed. Poor bass and harsh treble. Just awful. I wanted to return them. But gave them a chance and left them playing 24/7 for a week. And it was a huge surprise. Again it was sound that I loved so much during audition. And I still do every day.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #1,199 of 11,913
Haha

Thanks! Haha well to be honest when I bought the Aeons they were claimed as giant killers Tyll was in love with them, i quite liked it! But it's time to move on from those!

Waiting is the ****ty part! Do I need an aftermarket cable for this or is the stock good enough?
I purchased the pseudo upgrade to the Norne Solv X3 which is OCC silver balanced. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the cable since it was a brand new guage that they were testing. Trevor offered me the opportunity to purchase before it went live on the site. I still don't see on the Norne site but I'd say it is a solid upgrade from the stock cable. I paid around $400USD. It offers slightly more clarity without sacrificing bass quantity. That said, the stock cable is more than sufficient if you want to save a few bucks.

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #1,200 of 11,913

Users who are viewing this thread

Back