HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 26, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #10,021 of 11,883
May 27, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #10,023 of 11,883
My dream arya has these physical features - recessed 3.5 jacks, all black all metal construction, headband having one screw on each side to replace without effort. A plus would be a gold driver like the susvara with the black dust cover to protect it. So all black with that huge gold driver being seen through the cover with sleek recessed jacks.
You can still replace the headband right ? Headband adjustment thingy have screw. I didn't open it but i assume it gives you access to insert replacement headband.

May 27, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #10,024 of 11,883
Yeah, in the end they offered me a pretty good trade-up for my Arya: I would say pretty much around the used market value for the Arya Stealth.
All in all, I must say I'm pretty satisfied with the Hifiman CS so far.

The He1000 Stealth will be here in around a week, we'll see in what shape they will come.
Hifiman CS is legendary. They help me quite a bit replacing/upgrading my dead Ananda with Arya Stealth. Paypal doesn't even work in my country so they personally take care of me by creating different payment method.

May 27, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #10,025 of 11,883
To me it sounds you might be better off discovering other brands.
Which I have, but I liked the Hifiman Arya sound signature, and it appears that, with the new Organic version of the Arya, the good folks at Hifiman have listened to their customers and are now offering a slightly different tuning that might just fit what I'm after.

May 27, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #10,026 of 11,883
I'm trying various HFM headphones at the mo' and this does seem to be a common theme...absolutely no information from HFM regarding what's been physically changed between one design and the next.
What is so different about the SE to make it cost £3k? New trace on the diaphragm, different leather headband? 😂
If it's damping/tuning on the Organic, we'll know soon enough when somebody has a look inside and maybe people can make the change to the Arya V3 Stealth themselves
If it's a wooden cup, they should have told us.
Different driver, they should have told us.
Why do they keep everything so secret?
Why the 16ohm impedance, what has caused that?
Come on HiFiMan, tell us what we want to know!

Obviously if this information already exists, please can someone post it?

May 27, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #10,027 of 11,883
I'm trying various HFM headphones at the mo' and this does seem to be a common theme...absolutely no information from HFM regarding what's been physically changed between one design and the next.
What is so different about the SE to make it cost £3k? New trace on the diaphragm, different leather headband? 😂
If it's damping/tuning on the Organic, we'll know soon enough when somebody has a look inside and maybe people can make the change to the Arya V3 Stealth themselves
If it's a wooden cup, they should have told us.
Different driver, they should have told us.
Why do they keep everything so secret?
Why the 16ohm impedance, what has caused that?
Come on HiFiMan, tell us what we want to know!

Obviously if this information already exists, please can someone post it?

I've tried the HE1000SE and feel it's just a re-tuned Arya with different magnets. It trades off less lower mid-emphasis and less bass for better treble extension (almost sounds like a slight treble shelf to my ears). I feel they totally trade blows when comparing directly to my Arya V1/V2 vs HEKSE. I feel that it is in no way whatsoever worth the asking price when the Arya is just as good (in fact I personally prefer it over the HE1000SE) and can be had for a fraction of the price. When I watched Josh Valour's review, I thought he was a bit crazy to choose Arya over the HEKSE.. but now after hearing both.. I completely agree.. Arya is a more musical, expansive, enjoyable sounding headphone over the drier more clinical presentation of the HEKSE.

I am 100% that the cups on the Arya Organic are NOT wood. Someone posted that they heard a unit and noticed the "wooden reverb" .... this is a perfect example of placebo. We come up with things we "think" we hear because we see wood, or some feature, or even a certain price tag attached. More expensive means better right? Not always.. at least not from my experience. Anyway.. The HE1000v2 wood is cosmetic veneer.. the HE1000SE wood.. is veneer.. heck.. the HE560 was cosmetic veneer too and I guarantee you that the Arya Organic is also just cosmetic veneer just like the rest. Now.. Hifiman HAS models that are made out of wood.. but these just aren't it albeit the veneer IMO still looks beautiful and serves a visual purpose.

I hate that they went with a 16ohm impedance driver. I get why they did it... portability friendly.. but this isn't the headphone for "that" market. People who want true portability & travel convenience use high end IEMS. 32Ohm-300Ohm is a standard for the most part and this is going to mess with people who like to use tube amps with HFM gear. They should've kept it at least 32ohm or made a model with a higher impedance (which I think most people would've appreciated more than a lower impedance version and I would've LOVED to see a 300ohm impedance Arya that would match really well with tube amps for an even richer more "organic" sound).. I see no point in going 16 on a headphone that targets this particular segment of the audio market.

So I got an upgrade quote from HFM on upgrading my V2 to the Organic.. $475 .. ouch. I think I'll be hanging onto my V1/V2 for now since I'm in love with the sound.. but still ever so curious about the "organic" and darn it.. I will get to hear it one day (soon lol).

May 27, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #10,028 of 11,883
I've tried the HE1000SE and feel it's just a re-tuned Arya with different magnets. It trades off less lower mid-emphasis and less bass for better treble extension (almost sounds like a slight treble shelf to my ears). I feel they totally trade blows when comparing directly to my Arya V1/V2 vs HEKSE. I feel that it is in no way whatsoever worth the asking price when the Arya is just as good (in fact I personally prefer it over the HE1000SE) and can be had for a fraction of the price. When I watched Josh Valour's review, I thought he was a bit crazy to choose Arya over the HEKSE.. but now after hearing both.. I completely agree.. Arya is a more musical, expansive, enjoyable sounding headphone over the drier more clinical presentation of the HEKSE.

I am 100% that the cups on the Arya Organic are NOT wood. Someone posted that they heard a unit and noticed the "wooden reverb" .... this is a perfect example of placebo. We come up with things we "think" we hear because we see wood, or some feature, or even a certain price tag attached. More expensive means better right? Not always.. at least not from my experience. Anyway.. The HE1000v2 wood is cosmetic veneer.. the HE1000SE wood.. is veneer.. heck.. the HE560 was cosmetic veneer too and I guarantee you that the Arya Organic is also just cosmetic veneer just like the rest. Now.. Hifiman HAS models that are made out of wood.. but these just aren't it albeit the veneer IMO still looks beautiful and serves a visual purpose.

I hate that they went with a 16ohm impedance driver. I get why they did it... portability friendly.. but this isn't the headphone for "that" market. People who want true portability & travel convenience use high end IEMS. 32Ohm-300Ohm is a standard for the most part and this is going to mess with people who like to use tube amps with HFM gear. They should've kept it at least 32ohm or made a model with a higher impedance (which I think most people would've appreciated more than a lower impedance version and I would've LOVED to see a 300ohm impedance Arya that would match really well with tube amps for an even richer more "organic" sound).. I see no point in going 16 on a headphone that targets this particular segment of the audio market.

So I got an upgrade quote from HFM on upgrading my V2 to the Organic.. $475 .. ouch. I think I'll be hanging onto my V1/V2 for now since I'm in love with the sound.. but still ever so curious about the "organic" and darn it.. I will get to hear it one day (soon lol).
Interesting take... here it says the Organic has wooden earcups https://www.ecoustics.com/products/hifiman-arya-organic-headphones/
Do you have a source indicating otherwise? I do find it odd it's not mentioned on the Hifiman product page.

May 27, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #10,029 of 11,883
Interesting take... here it says the Organic has wooden earcups https://www.ecoustics.com/products/hifiman-arya-organic-headphones/
Do you have a source indicating otherwise? I do find it odd it's not mentioned on the Hifiman product page.
I think wood ear cups / wood on ear cup could be mistook very easily here. I do not and maybe we will truly have to wait for someone to open them up to verify 100%. I don't see how this could/would be real wood all the way thorugh the cup chassis. You can see that part of the chassis is clearly made out of metal. That means that they would have to bind/fuse wood + metal components together to end up with a partial wood cup? Sorry.. I don't think that's what they did here. I don't know 100% though and we should just wait for someone to open one up and show us. So far, when I've seen manufacturers create a wooden headphone, the entire cup has been made out of wood. The grill can be metal sure, but I can't think of any design where the cup is metal with a wooden middle strip and goes back to metal all the way through the cup chassis. This would be a first and a potentially complicated thing to pull off..

May 27, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #10,030 of 11,883
You can still replace the headband right ? Headband adjustment thingy have screw. I didn't open it but i assume it gives you access to insert replacement headband.
You can, but looks like a hassle with tiny screws. It could definitely improve by reducing the amount of steps and increased accessibility for little effort IMO. I wonder if they see on their end how many people are willing to constantly buy the new models they keep pumping out, so its not like those headbands are getting worn out !

May 27, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #10,031 of 11,883
Graphs mean nothing to me but as you say hearing them is the best test.
Well, they mean more to me than what a random person on the internet says who I don't know if they can hear, have the same preferences as I do, have a bias, work for a company or have a decent rig or even like the same music. At least with a graph I know what I'm looking at.

May 27, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #10,032 of 11,883
I think wood ear cups / wood on ear cup could be mistook very easily here. I do not and maybe we will truly have to wait for someone to open them up to verify 100%. I don't see how this could/would be real wood all the way thorugh the cup chassis. You can see that part of the chassis is clearly made out of metal. That means that they would have to bind/fuse wood + metal components together to end up with a partial wood cup? Sorry.. I don't think that's what they did here. I don't know 100% though and we should just wait for someone to open one up and show us. So far, when I've seen manufacturers create a wooden headphone, the entire cup has been made out of wood. The grill can be metal sure, but I can't think of any design where the cup is metal with a wooden middle strip and goes back to metal all the way through the cup chassis. This would be a first and a potentially complicated thing to pull off..
If it's not real wood, then there is still the possibility that they are tuned differently. Having had a Grado HF-1 I can tell you that you can infact easily put mahogany resonance chamber into a plastic housing with a splotch of glue from 1909 new york city probably. lol. And yes, it affects the sound. EVERYTHING affects the sound on headphones. pads, position on head, everything. Of course these are planars so it shouldn't work the same way it does on dynamics.

But I agree that it's probably just a nice addition they made when they realized it might entice more people buying into Arya. We'll find out.

Yes thats going to be a drastic power change for some people using tube amps. Hopefully they'll know or have a chart of what their tube amp can do at what resistance level, and what ohms. or have a resistance jumper so they can get the best power out.

I would just keep the V2 at this point. That is actually a pretty good deal (to upgrade to nano-diaphram, stealth magnets and wood strip) but if the V2 has a character you like, like many say it does, why lose that. There may even be a market for V2 aryas at some point, like people wanted non-fazor LCD 2.1's.

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #10,033 of 11,883

What do you prefer out of the v1 or v2 ?

May 27, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #10,034 of 11,883
Well, they mean more to me than what a random person on the internet says who I don't know if they can hear, have the same preferences as I do, have a bias, work for a company or have a decent rig or even like the same music. At least with a graph I know what I'm looking at.
We are all playing guessing games until we actually start getting reviews or actually hearing them ourselves. Hifiman arnt interested in explaining anything to us they just want our money.

May 27, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #10,035 of 11,883
Hy guys... today I have an audition side by side my Arya stealth with the new Organic..
We have a headphone exhibition here in Athens Greece....
To my ears the Organic have a better sound... more bass without loose the definition and details... more meat to the middle frequencies and smooth highs without loose anything from the stealth..
Well done Hifiman you did it 👏 👍
Generally I believe this is the best Arya's.. I v ever heard...!!!
I m already place my order and sell the stealths.
Aslo I believe that the earcups is real wood..
Very beautiful color matching..!!
Here is a picture.
received_811393710407348.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back