HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #916 of 11,883
Question about materials... are the 'yokes' that attach to the cups plastic or metal?

Also - did yours have a 'new paint smell' to them when you took them out of the box? If so how long did that take to go away? I have something similar to asthma and tend to be very careful around strange smells.

The whole headband is made of metal - those 'yokes' are painted matt black

Regarding the smell - the box smelled a bit funny but headphones didn't when I use them (no smell when on the head but I didnt snif them ;] ) - I left box opened in the corner of the room and when I finished playing with Arya couple of hours later and went to place them back in the box there funny smell was not there anymore - so I would say in the worst case scenario if you are really sensitive to funny smells then airing headphones and the box for 2h should do the trick.

Apr 28, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #917 of 11,883
Sorry if this topic has been covered before:

Are there any cable suggestions for driving the Aryas balanced?

I have a SPL Phonitor 2 headphone amp that uses two 3pin female Neutrik XLR connectors, so I guess I have to solder an adapter anyway or DiY the whole cable for balanced.

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #919 of 11,883

I have a SPL Phonitor 2 headphone amp that uses two 3pin female Neutrik XLR connectors, so I guess I have to solder an adapter anyway or DiY the whole cable for balanced.

I was thinking of one of these:

https://lqicables.com/products/esprit-up-occ-silver-plated-copper

DSCF0484_grande.jpg

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #921 of 11,883
^ Really like the price to feature ratio on these cables. UP-OCC silver plated cables are usually more expensive. I have both Periapt and Arctic Cables which fall in the sub $100 category. I wish I saw these LQi cables beforehand :)

Edit- ok pulled the trigger. I've never had an OCC cable, much less quality silver plating.

Esprit Series UP-OCC Silver Plated Copper Headphone Cable
Length: 5 feet
Headphone Connection: Hifiman Ananda/Sundara/Arya/HE6SE (3.5mm)
Cable Color: Royal Blue/Black
Splitter: Black/Carbon Fiber
Termination: Balanced XLR 4 Pin (Neutrik, black, gold pin)
I plan to do a shootout between Periapt, Arctic Cables and LQi.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #923 of 11,883
^ Really like the price to feature ratio on these cables. UP-OCC silver plated cables are usually more expensive. I have both Periapt and Arctic Cables which fall in the sub $100 category. I wish I saw these LQi cables beforehand :)

Edit- ok pulled the trigger. I've never had an OCC cable, much less quality silver plating.

Esprit Series UP-OCC Silver Plated Copper Headphone Cable
Length: 5 feet
Headphone Connection: Hifiman Ananda/Sundara/Arya/HE6SE (3.5mm)
Cable Color: Royal Blue/Black
Splitter: Black/Carbon Fiber
Termination: Balanced XLR 4 Pin (Neutrik, black, gold pin)
I plan to do a shootout between Periapt, Arctic Cables and LQi.

You get exactly the same cable I did only mine is 6 foot instead of 5. It gets here Thursday. The new amp gets here tomorrow.

May 1, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #925 of 11,883
Try this case it should fit. I put my HEK SE 's in one of these. It just takes a little wrangling to make it work.

May 1, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #926 of 11,883
May 1, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #927 of 11,883
Try this case it should fit. I put my HEK SE 's in one of these. It just takes a little wrangling to make it work.
Nice! Do you have pics of the headphones in the case?

May 1, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #928 of 11,883

I picked up a balanced Forza Auido Works Hybrid cable. It's pretty nice

May 3, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #929 of 11,883
On cable recommendation I have the dyson facemelter pure silver balanced cable and it is a great match with arya’s In my system. Also super affordable compared to a Norne pure silver cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back